HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida - Ottawa

Old
05-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Florida - Ottawa

6th Overall
48th Overall (Chicago 2011)
Ottawa 4th Round Pick (2011)
Erik Condra (mid-range prospect)

3rd Overall

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

I Don't think Tallon would do it.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I Don't think Tallon would do it.
Maybe. It really depends who Tallon identifies himself as wanting. I don't think the price is off that much.

It's not really a "quality for quantity" thing when you're swapping draft positions. It may be the case it would take our 2nd (instead of Chicago's) to move up - which would suck, but not the end of the world.

I'd be opposed to dealing our 2nd *and* someone like Patrick Weircioch...not really sure I'd want to move up at the price of just him and our 1st either; there's just not a large enough difference between the players.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Maybe. It really depends who Tallon identifies himself as wanting. I don't think the price is off that much.

It's not really a "quality for quantity" thing when you're swapping draft positions. It may be the case it would take our 2nd (instead of Chicago's) to move up - which would suck, but not the end of the world.

I'd be opposed to dealing our 2nd *and* someone like Patrick Weircioch...not really sure I'd want to move up at the price of just him and our 1st either; there's just not a large enough difference between the players.
I would almost guarantee he wants Huberdeau, that guy just seems like the type of ''Toews'' player he will want to build his team around, so I really doubt he would risk losing out...

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 11:17 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
I would almost guarantee he wants Huberdeau, that guy just seems like the type of ''Toews'' player he will want to build his team around, so I really doubt he would risk losing out...
I think Tallon wants Couturier, but who knows. Don't think Florida does this trade, don't see how Ottawa doesn't.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:54 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Call me crazy, but I'd like to see what Condra can do with a full season in the NHL (Greening too). If Condra turns out to even be a 55-point type player, then this is a lot to move up 3 spots in an even draft. At 6, we're likely to get one of Couturier/Huberdeau/Strome (assuming we take a forward). I don't think the difference between them and Lando warrants this move. I'm of the opinion that if the Sens move up in the first round, it should be moving up Nashville's 21st pick.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:59 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

No it doesn't depend on who Tallon wants, because there is always a risk of one of the team between those spots picking that player. Even if you target a player at 6th they won't trade that pick for anything less than what they think it's worth, because we aren't gonna help other teams and do they favors while also having the risk of losing the player we want. And this proposal isn't even close to being fair value.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:02 AM
SufferingCatFan

The Panthers already have 2 second round picks, a bunch of third rounders, and a couple of fourth rounders, if memory serves correct. Thus, it is unlikely that this offer would hold much attraction.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote