CHL Colorado to ECHL

Old
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Not exactly. If a player is signed to an ECHL-only deal, then he can be called up on PTO to (theoretically) any AHL team.
The Sharks, for instance, only promise a max of 5-6 players assigned to their ECHL affiliate.

NHL Kings, AHL Manchester have had ECHL Ontario as (one of) their ECHL affiliate(s) since the franchise started playing.
Oh, fair enough. I thought I was told that once about guys on Trenton could only go up to the Devils AHL Affiliate, I guess it would make sense theoretically anyway. However, Trenton nowhere near gets crippled by the callup bug like Reading and Elmira seem to.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Oh, fair enough. I thought I was told that once about guys on Trenton could only go up to the Devils AHL Affiliate, I guess it would make sense theoretically anyway. However, Trenton nowhere near gets crippled by the callup bug like Reading and Elmira seem to.
That would be true if they're on an AHL or NHL SPC.

(Now, there is the little AHL-CBA caveat that a (NHL-contracted) player may be assigned to an AHL team even if he's not under contract to the parent affiliate, but can't go back to the other team for the rest of the season. NHL Sharks have had a couple of instances where with signing college kids, post trade deadline, and return from injury have had a surplus of one position and assigned them to another AHL franchise for the duration. Usually players with expiring contracts.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 11:24 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
I don't agree with that absolute.

NHL New Jersey (parent company) **owns** the ECHL Trenton franchise.

AEG (parent company of NHL LA) owned ECHL Reading (just sold it to the city).
You're right. I shouldn't have painted it as an absolute and the Trenton, Reading, and Ontario situations slipped my mind while I was typing that.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote