HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane to NYR

Old
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
Kane to NY is going to cost Stephan and Kreider. Atlanta doesn't want any defenseman or first round picks

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:09 AM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I see potential in Kane, but Id rather not give up that much for a guy whos career high is 43 points.

Would many other teams be willing to give their top prospect, #3/4defenseman and 1st overall for a career high 43 point player?

Dubinsky put up those numbers in his first full year, as a pro, and last year had 24 goals and broke 50 points, and I think we would get laughed at trying to get that much for him.

Id be hard pressed to give up our 1st, our top prospect in Kreider and Sauer, let alone exchange Mcdonagh for Sauer.

If Kane improves again next year and hits 50-55 points then I would consider it as a Rangers fan. Right now its too much of a risk and opens up a hole on defense for us.

Players get overrated based on their "potential" and draft status. Patrik Stefan was first overall and had 35 point his first season. Would you give up all that for him based on his draft status and potential in 2001 2 years after he was drafted? I guarantee I follow the Thrashers more closely then any one who is not a Thrashers fan ( I live in atlanta and had season tix) and I just don't see it yet for Kane.
This post is a laugh. "a career high 43 point player". LOL dude!!!

Kane has 19 goals and 43 points in his 2nd year in the NHL... as a 19 YEAR OLD on a ****** team.

Brandon Dubinksy- when he was 19- scored 21 goals in the OHL. Don't even try to compare them. Kane is one of the top young power forward prospects in all the NHL.

Kreider is a nice piece, but downgrading from Kane to a package of smaller pieces benefits no one but the Rangers in this deal. Why do you people even think Kane would ever be available? Even worse, it would be a major OVERPAYMENT to even get him. Then you get jabroni's like you who come in and say something completely nonsensical to try to undercut the immense value a guy like Evander Kane has right now. What a laugh dude!!!

For the record, I'm not even close to trading Kane for that package. Think Staal and see where that goes.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:30 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
The OP's deal has a couple of pretty valuable pieces in it from a Rangers perspective, but I don't think either team does it.

The Rangers top 4 is Staal, Girardi, Sauer, and McDonagh. Very, very solid top-4 with the potential to become very good. Take away Sauer, and the next best defenseman you have is Matt Gilroy/Michael Del Zotto/Steve Eminger. As of now, the Rangers do not have the depth on defense at the NHL level to be trading any of their top-4 defenseman for forwards, although Kane is obviously an attractive piece to any team in the league. I'd be OK with including Kreider/15th overall in a deal for a player of Kane's value, but Sauer/McDonagh/Girardi/Staal wouldn't be traded in a deal where a defenseman isn't coming back.

As for the poster who mentioned Staal, that's probably about right, although I don't see how you can justify the Rangers trading their 24 year old top pairing defenseman for an unproven, albeit talented, winger; not that anyone said they should.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:17 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post

Kane has 19 goals and 43 points in his 2nd year in the NHL... as a 19 YEAR OLD on a ****** team.

Brandon Dubinksy- when he was 19- scored 21 goals in the OHL. Don't even try to compare them. Kane is one of the top young power forward prospects in all the NHL.

Kreider is a nice piece, but downgrading from Kane to a package of smaller pieces benefits no one but the Rangers in this deal. Why do you people even think Kane would ever be available? Even worse, it would be a major OVERPAYMENT to even get him. Then you get jabroni's like you who come in and say something completely nonsensical to try to undercut the immense value a guy like Evander Kane has right now. What a laugh dude!!!

For the record, I'm not even close to trading Kane for that package. Think Staal and see where that goes.
I agree, Kane at 19 is playing on mediocre at best NHL teams ( can non Atlanta fans name is linemates?) even so, watching this kid play he makes playes that make your eyes pop out. Awesome NHL toolbox, flawless skater IMO, tremendous frame to fill out, freakish strength, pure natural athletic ability, great hands and a great attitude to boot. He is going to be one of the best power forwards soon enough.

As an Isles fan during Tavares's and Kane's rookie years I wondered sometimes if they should of traded down to pick up assets and nab Kane . JT had some droughts and his scoring was inconsistant plus JT looked to be skating in mudd sometimes, I know now that JT is just a point a machine but looking at both play sometimes one can only wonder what a unbelievable talent this Kane kid is. He would be king on broadway (sorry Lundqvist)fast enough and the trade for a college player whom is putting up dissapointing numbers in Kreider a 1st rounder I believe in 2009 whom is blazing fast showing talent playing in the WC and in big NCAA games, Sauer a solid d man with size and their top pick this year is pretty darn fair for a talent like Kane IMO

cheers

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 06:57 AM
ronnyweed

Quote:
I see potential in Kane, but Id rather not give up that much for a guy whos career high is 43 points.

Would many other teams be willing to give their top prospect, #3/4defenseman and 1st overall for a career high 43 point player?

Dubinsky put up those numbers in his first full year, as a pro, and last year had 24 goals and broke 50 points, and I think we would get laughed at trying to get that much for him.

Id be hard pressed to give up our 1st, our top prospect in Kreider and Sauer, let alone exchange Mcdonagh for Sauer.

If Kane improves again next year and hits 50-55 points then I would consider it as a Rangers fan. Right now its too much of a risk and opens up a hole on defense for us.

Players get overrated based on their "potential" and draft status. Patrik Stefan was first overall and had 35 point his first season. Would you give up all that for him based on his draft status and potential in 2001 2 years after he was drafted? I guarantee I follow the Thrashers more closely then any one who is not a Thrashers fan ( I live in atlanta and had season tix) and I just don't see it yet for Kane.
kane is younger than kreider and has 2 NHL seasons under his belt, not sure how your top prospect has more value than a guy that jumped straight to the show.

Is having 0 points in the NHL while being older more impressive?

Then you say players get over rated based on potential, yet thats what you are doing exactly with kreider who has proved nothing yet in the NHL

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
StayThirstyMyFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Atlanta is not a place a young player can flourish?

Anyone hear of Kovalchuk? No? Maybe Hossa?

Though Atlanta is not the best hockey market, a young kid that is talented will flourish on any team. Maybe not as much as if you have a linemate of Richards or Jagr or Messier. But still, you can show your talents with crappy linemates.
Hossa was already an established player long before he was duped into moving to Atlanta...

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

If you want Kane in Ranger blue, start with a miracle and add from there. The kid is going to be a top-tier power forward in the league.

Plus, I can't imagine the folks in Winnipeg would be too thrilled with the organization dealing away great players for futures just so they can continue the rebuild in a new city.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:32 AM
ducky

It would be a terrible idea for the new Winnipeg team to trade a great young player like Kane. He is a core player for them (already) and will be a fan favourite for sure.

What they do need is to find a legit #1 centre for him. Richards?

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post

You people? Jabroni's? Man you must have some serious self entitlement issues.

Thats worthy of an Lol back from a Rangers POV.

And I just don't see Kane becoming much more then he is. I know hes 19. I didn't want the Thrashers to draft him, didn't like him his rookie year, still don't think hes going to be the star every one says.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
kane is younger than kreider and has 2 NHL seasons under his belt, not sure how your top prospect has more value than a guy that jumped straight to the show.

Is having 0 points in the NHL while being older more impressive?

Then you say players get over rated based on potential, yet thats what you are doing exactly with kreider who has proved nothing yet in the NHL
How am I over rating Kreider by saying he is our top prospect. I think some people here really need to go back to elementary school for reading comprehension.

The whole point of my post was based around the fact that MYSELF personally, I don't see much from Evander Kane. Hes only 19 I understand that just from watching him play I don't see the 70+ point player every one thinks he will become and since I don't see him becoming that player I don't like the deal as a Rangers fan from a Rangers POV. The deal does nothing for either team. The Thrashers don't need defenseman. They would want a guy like Callahan in return. Some one who could step in right now, and with the current make up of the Rangers they would not do that.

I didn't realize people were not allowed to have opinions on these boards.

Also people say "He plays in Atlanta" like its so detrimental to his growth as a player... Kovalchuk did not have a Hard time. Heatley didn't either. Hossa didnt have a problem continuing to put up #'s after being traded there.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
broc

Quote:
You people? Jabroni's? Man you must have some serious self entitlement issues.

Thats worthy of an Lol back from a Rangers POV.

And I just don't see Kane becoming much more then he is. I know hes 19. I didn't want the Thrashers to draft him, didn't like him his rookie year, still don't think hes going to be the star every one says.
No self entitlement. Just reacted to a dumb post by a guy who thinks Winnipeg would trade Kane cheaply. I'd say you have the feeling of entitlement if you think the original deal will land you Kane.

What's "worthy of an LOL"...? saying Staal is probably the asking piece for E Kane.. or trashing Kane's value and potential, and saying he won't be any better than he already is? I think most people following this thread see the real "LOL" here (and I wouldn't expect the NYR to trade Staal either)

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Atlanta is not a place a young player can flourish?

Anyone hear of Kovalchuk? No? Maybe Hossa?

Though Atlanta is not the best hockey market, a young kid that is talented will flourish on any team. Maybe not as much as if you have a linemate of Richards or Jagr or Messier. But still, you can show your talents with crappy linemates.
Cough, cough, you mean Winnipeg, don't you.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:55 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Kane to NY is going to cost Stephan and Kreider. Atlanta doesn't want any defenseman or first round picks
The OP was ballpark close on value, but no 'cause we are not getting an elite while sacrificing the chip with the most potential to be elite.

Of course, always need to give to get, but this is not complementary.
Not sure how much you gain down the road on Stepan for Kane.

Stepan I'd hold in abeyance as a chip in case Doughty or Shea have contract problems with the Kings / Preds, respectively.

As for value, only resources I'd use would be Girardi, Boyle, as core and add picks/players. Thus the problem with the bold...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote