HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

mtl / florida

Old
05-30-2011, 03:46 PM
durojean

vCash: 500
mtl / florida

i thought of a tade that could work for both side and i wanted the opinion of fans of other team.

Plekanec for Florida 1st (3rd overall)

I think Florida need help right now and Plekanec could be a good fit there he s one of the best player in Montreal. The pick could be really useful to mtl to get one of huberdeau or Couturier ( local talent with very very good upside) and it could help Montreal to free cap space and go after Richards.

What do you think ?

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 03:48 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
so...... who would be the Habs #1 center?

Richards isnt signing in Mtl that is foresure

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Florida's planning an extended rebuild and Montreal's looking for help now. I'm not sure where this idea comes from.

That said, I'm reasonably sure that even with that rebuild plan, Florida would happily hop on this. Montreal, OTOH... that's a heck of a risk to take.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
durojean

why is it for sure that richards isnt signing in montreal...

Anyway... We have a lot of yougn center in the organisation that we need to test in a second line center role. I'm thinking of Eller or Desharnais. And if Richards doesn't sign in mtl.

we still have the cap space left from pley s departure so we have the option to trade for a center other than plekanec or sign better wingers. We could also stack our D by resigning Markov and Wisniewsky and one of Erhoff or Bieksa because we have the space left on the cap.

and we could always put Cammy as a center. Even Pouliot could be an option he said himsefl that he is more comfortable as a center.

I m thinking that Florida has a lot of prospect right now and they could use a nhl ready player to accelerate their plan.

Last edited by durojean: 05-30-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old
05-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
So Montreal trades arguably their best forward for a... gamble? What if Richards says no, then we are the definition of screwed. Genius!

Edit: Here's a thought. How about we sign Richards first, then trade salary? See, now we do not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:08 PM
ShootIt

hmm, I would do that

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:14 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

No. Rather keep the pick, we aren't gonna ruin our re-build by trading away our lottery pick.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:19 PM
durojean

it IS a gamble... But I think we could do better than Plekanec as a first line center. I m confident that Couturier could replace him in a not so late futur. Plus, it gives mtl the necessary margin to be really pro active with either free agent or on the trade market.

In a worst case scenario mtl line up could look like that and it s not so bad

Pacioretty gomez gionta
Cammalleri eller kostistyn
Pouliot desharnais darche
Moen engvist white

Markov emelin
Gill subban
Spacek gorges

Price

Plus... We get Couturier or Huberdeau plus, we got over 5 million of salary cap... Maybe 10 to improve the team... And that s in the worst case scenario

Old
05-30-2011, 04:38 PM
ProMath

MTL say no, Plekanec is an Habs product, and the coaching/manager staff like him. They won't trade it.

+

1- You can't gamble. ''let's trade our 1b C and hope that Richard sign here'' = very very bad management.

2- Your Backup plan is even worse. If we trade Pleky, next 2-3 years will be very long. Gomez cannot fill the role, I think we all agree on that one. Eller, Desharnais (any C prospect you Draft) wont be ready. Espacially in a playoff team that try to become ''contender''. You just posted your line up of the ''worst case scenario''... with Gomez on the 1st line ... omg

You didnt even insert the ''3rd overall'' in your lineup. Explain to me how trading Pleky for a pick will make the habs a better team next years if you can't even insert that pick in your ''worst case scenario'' ??

Our defense, if heatlhy will be just fine. What was our problem the last couple years ? Offensive production. No need to stack more on defense. Pierre Gauthier can already sign both Markov and Winiewsky next years if he wants too (if the cap increase to 62, we can easily sign both and not worry about Subban/Price/Eller raises the years after).

ProMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Halifaxhab

Plekanec is needed now in Montreal. Eller is not ready to take over 2nd line duties yet...mostly because he is out 4-6 months after shoulder surgery....and DD, he's got talent, but no way could he handle the opposition he'll be seeing...and Gomez as the only option as a top line C?

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
durojean

i think a guy like desharnais could be better playing with guys like cammy or gionta as we have seen in the ot in the game against Boston. I want him to graduate with better linemates.

plus... Thats a worst case scenario with no improvement whatsoever. If the habs sign a guy like laich or gagne or trade for a vermette or boost their defense we have a hell of a team. If Richards sign that s a big improvement right there.

Maybe i trust the habs youngster a little too much but i have faith that without Plekanec the habs are not so bad. We have a young team and young players need to play. Cammy could still become our second line center with the addition of a winger.

And the 3rd pick could be in the line up... Everything is possible. All i m saying is with a trade like that maybe we won t be has good next year... But in two or three years we could be a force and a real contender.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Florida's not about to trade the 3rd overall for a 28 year old, 57 point player. Why do people propose these things? Tallon's building through the draft, that's not going to change. Plek's had some good seasons, but Florida will find it's veterans through FA and trades not involving high picks.

05-30-2011, 05:19 PM
ProMath

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
i think a guy like desharnais could be better playing with guys like cammy or gionta as we have seen in the ot in the game against Boston. I want him to graduate with better linemates.
- Of course he would, any center will look better with better winger

plus... Thats a worst case scenario with no improvement whatsoever. If the habs sign a guy like laich or gagne or trade for a vermette or boost their defense we have a hell of a team. If Richards sign that s a big improvement right there.

- Laich-Vermette Hell of a team ?? no... if we sign Richard, we are better, Hell of a team, no. The day you're 100% sure that Richard sign in Montreal, ok we can consider moving Pleky... but that won't happen

Maybe i trust the habs youngster a little too much but i have faith that without Plekanec the habs are not so bad. We have a young team and young players need to play. Cammy could still become our second line center with the addition of a winger.
- I think you really undervalue what Plekanec bring on the ice and off the ice. That guys is an exemple for Eller and DD.

And the 3rd pick could be in the line up... Everything is possible. All i m saying is with a trade like that maybe we won t be has good next year... But in two or three years we could be a force and a real contender.
The elephant is, and always be, Gomez. We can't avoid the obvious. In 2-3 years ? With our without your trade we will be better. Why ? Gomez won't be here anymore.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:28 PM
durojean

Pleky is a good player... I just don't think he is that good. I just want to sell high. Right now would be the time to trade him i think. And if we could get a Couturier for him. I think it s a win.

Anyway, all we have to do is keep him... He s uselful... And try to trade our reject that nobody really wants.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:31 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post
i thought of a tade that could work for both side and i wanted the opinion of fans of other team.

Plekanec for Florida 1st (3rd overall)

I think Florida need help right now and Plekanec could be a good fit there he s one of the best player in Montreal. The pick could be really useful to mtl to get one of huberdeau or Couturier ( local talent with very very good upside) and it could help Montreal to free cap space and go after Richards.

What do you think ?
Pleks, no but how about Gomez?

Gomez
Mtl's 17th overall draft pick

for

Florida's
3rd overall.

I'd even be willing to throw in Weber and if push comes to shove Pulashaj.

Last edited by onice: 05-30-2011 at 05:38 PM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:37 PM
ProMath

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Gomez

for

Florida's
3rd overall.

I'd even be willing to throw in Weber.
This is a joke right ? You can't be serious

I bet next thing you add will be Pouliot ?

It must be a matter of life or death to post proposal like that. Chose death next time

Old
05-30-2011, 05:38 PM
durojean

the reason i didn t offer gomez is because i don t think it would work... Pleky i think could work but even then Habs fan don t like it and panthers fan don t like it.

But to make my offer... I tried on purpose to create a trade with a lot of downside that would make me hesitant to make it so it could be tempting for other team.

What i was trying to stay away from was the... Pouliot, weber kostitsyn for the panthers first round pick.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
ProMath

Proposal isnt that bad I think. From a Value view. But from team perspective ... espacially from Mtl POV ... don't think it is good.

I would see that kind of deal with someone like Colodaro... if they decided to scratch everything and wanted to Deal Stastny. 3rd Overall would be something good to package for him.

Proposal with Lotery Pick can't really happen. If you got a proven asset why would you gamble ? You ain't rebuilding. You want to make playoff or be a contender, and your rookie will get that experience. You need a good mix of vet / rookie. Unless an amazing deal is offered, it doesnt make sense... and that deal will never happen.

On the other hand. When you hold the pick, it usually mean you're in a rebuild mode. Taking a shot a young potential star is never a bad bet in those situation.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
ShootIt

He is 28? Oh nevermind, must of thought of different player, thought he was 25.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 05:57 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMath View Post

It must be a matter of life or death to post proposal like that. Chose death next time
Although I am Gomez's biggest detractor, I really believe he'll have a bounce back year - point wise he'll probably match Pleks. In other aspects of the game no. Also the actual money owed to him decreases with the remaining contract years but the cap hit remains the same. That might be attractive to Florida.

So basically we're talking
Gomez
Weber
Palushaj

to go from 17th to 3rd.

Tallon sent Grabner packing for nothing so it's not that far fetched.

Old
05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:

Gomez

for

Florida's
3rd overall.

So you want Florida to give up the 3rd overall for a 38 point center who was a -15 and has a 7.3 mil cap hit and a mid first round pick? Are you kidding? You might get Olesz for that but you're not getting the 3rd overall.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:05 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMath View Post

Funny you mention Pouliot. He was a 4th overall pick. What makes you think you'll not pick up another Pouliot at 3rd? Your scouting team hasn't been all that impressive over the last few years.

Old
05-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Zrinski

Quote:

Gomez

for

Florida's
3rd overall.

.... ?

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 06:10 PM
ProMath

Quote:
Although I am Gomez's biggest detractor, I really believe he'll have a bounce back year - point wise he'll probably match Pleks. In other aspects of the game no. Also the actual money owed to him decreases with the remaining contract years but the cap hit remains the same. That might be attractive to Florida.

So basically we're talking
Gomez
Weber
Palushaj

to go from 17th to 3rd.

Tallon sent Grabner packing for nothing so it's not that far fetched.
It's so funny how the ''cap hit', argument got use so easily by some habs fan.

Come on, A team that would take his contract this summer, would end up saving 4.5millions in 3 years. If Gomez is traded, it will be next summer. When is salary will be lower then his cap hit, not now.

A cap floor management team = Spend your money wisely. Taking on Gomez contract this summer isnt Spending wisely. Unless their is good asset comming back. Weber is nice. Palushaj ok. But lol, you ask them to give the 3rd Overall. Go look at the past 10 years. Would you trade a 3rd Overall for Gomez HUGE CAP HIT + 17th ?? Pls don't answer yes.

If you think he will bounce back next years .... then you may talk about trading after that ''bounce''.

Old
05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
ProMath

Quote:
Funny you mention Pouliot. He was a 4th overall pick. What makes you think you'll not pick up another Pouliot at 3rd? Your scouting team hasn't been all that impressive over the last few years.
You aware you're the one proposing something to acquire a 3rd overall ? Not me.

Of couse Pouliot is a bust. So what ? That happen, I would still prefer to hold a 4th pick (yes, not even a 3rd), then Gomez + a 17th.