HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Emmerton

Old
05-28-2011, 02:29 AM
ComradeChris

vCash: 1004
Corey Emmerton

What would your team give up for him? I see no place for him on the Wings roster. I'm sure Toronto would be interested... if I recall correctly Brian Burke had interest in this guy.

EDIT: I was thinking waiver wire unless he is packaged

Last edited by ComradeChris: 05-28-2011 at 11:15 AM.
ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:31 AM
ComradeChris

Waiver wire it is. Thought so.

Old
05-29-2011, 12:36 AM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
Late draft pick

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

why would toronto be interested? i'd rather give up actual assets for a carter/stastny than give a chance to a guy who doesn't deserve it....

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:03 AM
ComradeChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
why would toronto be interested? i'd rather give up actual assets for a carter/stastny than give a chance to a guy who doesn't deserve it....
Toronto fans may not be interested, but I do recall reading somewhere that Brian Burke really liked the guy. Whether you like the guy or not he is your manager... I mean who would have thought that Kessel trade would have ever happened? Especially since EVERYONE knew Boston wasn't keeping Kessel lol. Plus, I doubt Toronto has anything to offer for Carter or Statsny that the GMs would actually hold on to the phone and entertain his offer. Emmerton could be had for cheap while Carter or Statsny would be an overpayment. Furthermore, Emmerton to Toronto makes a lot more sense than Statsny or Carter...

Old
05-29-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
What would your team give up for him? I see no place for him on the Wings roster. I'm sure Toronto would be interested... if I recall correctly Brian Burke had interest in this guy.

I not sure what we would offer for him, but if available by waivers, Vancouver would be interested.

Here is a reverse question, what and who would you want from Vancouver that you could include him in a package for?

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:

Eh? He's our 12th or 13th forward this year unless Holland goes out and does several unexpected things.

Unless he blows it in training camp, he'll have a shot on the team this year.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:57 PM
ComradeChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
I not sure what we would offer for him, but if available by waivers, Vancouver would be interested.

Here is a reverse question, what and who would you want from Vancouver that you could include him in a package for?
Who is available for trade from Vancouver? Obviously isn't going to be a Kesler or the Sedins type deal.

Old
05-29-2011, 11:30 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I would like to see, as stated on these boards many times, Nabokov and Joensuu for Hudler and Emmerton. Conditional on Nino not making the team of course, but it would take until training camp for this trade.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Who is available for trade from Vancouver? Obviously isn't going to be a Kesler or the Sedins type deal.
Samuelsson
Bolduc
Shirokov
Schroeder
Raymond
Hodgson
Ballard
Oreskovich
Rome
C Schnieder
Volpatti
Bliznak
Parent
Sweatt
Desbiens
Rai
Ellington
2011 1st, 2nd & 4th to 7th rnd picks
2012 1st to 7th rnd picks
2013 1st to 7th rnd picks

Not available:
Luongo, Lack, Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Malhotra, Lapierre, Edler, Hamhuis, Tanev, Sauve

Not tradable:
Bieksa, Ehrhoff, Salo, Alberts, Torres, Higgins, Glass, Tambellini

Last edited by Hi-wayman: 05-30-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old
05-30-2011, 07:32 PM
ComradeChris

Schneider + Van 5th 2012

Hudler + Emmerton + Det 3rd 2012

How close is this, if at all?

Old
05-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

Schneider + Van 5th 2012

Not close. At least not for this forum. Canuck fans want a high price for Schneider, and Hudler's not high priced.

Although, I personally don't think he'll fetch as much as most of them do, Hudler is not close. The most value of that offer is the 3rd.

EDIT: I'm not good at proposals, but something around Hudler and Ballard make sense? Hudler's got one more year, Ballard has several, and IDK how far out of favor Ballard fell. Leaves more money for Bieska and Ehrhoff, maybe retain both?

Last edited by Vatican Roulette: 05-30-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Boondock

Quote:

Schneider + Van 5th 2012

Not close, Vancouver has nowhere for Hudler, he's not anything that the Canucks need. I'm not sure why Detroit would want Schneider either with a 27 year old starter (Howard) and a 1st round pick waiting in the wings (McCollum)

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Kuba for Emmerton.

Kuba can be a #1 or #2 defenceman when he is healthy and playing in the ECHL

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I'm not sure why all of these value threads are created for average prospects. Prospects like Emmerton fetch other average prospects, generally when GM's want to swap for a minor organization need or to add depth.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 09:57 PM
petesrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Not close, Vancouver has nowhere for Hudler, he's not anything that the Canucks need. I'm not sure why Detroit would want Schneider either with a 27 year old starter (Howard) and a 1st round pick waiting in the wings (McCollum)
McCollum hasn't done well in his first two years in the pros. Poor numbers in the ECHL, the AHL, and his 1 NHL game (St. Louis scored 10 goals on him and MacDonald) where he got called up because everyone was hurt and they didn't want to call up the good AHL goalie because the Griffins were in the race for the playoffs.

But anyways... that's not a great deal for Vancouver, but also I'm not interested as a Wings fan because we are looking for basically a backup, which isn't something you give up assets for in the off season.

petesrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Komisarek for Emmerton

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Any chance a prospect swap with Florida would work.
Det
Emmerton

For

Flo
Adam Comrie

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Bar South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Kuba for Emmerton.

Kuba can be a #1 or #2 defenceman when he is healthy and playing in the ECHL
LOL, didn't see the white text until after!

Bar South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:

Schneider + Van 5th 2012

Not an insulting offer, but the other posters are right in saying Vancouver likely would pass and decide to keep Schnieder.

Schnieder is definately tradeable as far a Vancouver is conderned just as are all the others I listed, but obviously a number of those players would cost much more than some. Schnieder is one of the costlier ones.

For the very reason you feel the Wings could use Schnieder is the same reason the Canucks can use Schnieder. Bothe Detroit and Vancouver have exceptional first string goalies, but both wear out if over-played. Schnieder is a premier back-up goalie that can step into a game and be expected to win it. At this stage in his career, he likely could be an adiquate first string goalie on his own, but his value now is being a backup that a coach has confidence in when he is asked to start or asked to step in. That is something few backups in the league can provide a coach. Fortunately the Canucks also have Lack in the minors and who also shows the winning characteristic skills Schnieder does. Maybe not as much as Schnieder, but atleast enough that Vancouver could trade Schnieder if a good deal comes along.

The kind of good deal Vancouver would be looking for is a similar young player that would be just as influencial at another position for the Canucks as Schnieder is at the goalie position. The type of trade I see that the Canucks may consider for the loss of Schnieder as the team's backup would be either Jakub Kindl or Brendan Smith for Schnieder. Past those two, I don't see the Canucks having too much interest in trading Schnieder to Detroit.

Old
05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
mstad101

Average prospects are traded for average prospects.
Emmerton for Shirokov? Detroit has a good relationship with most Russian born players, and are looking for some younger blood for the roster, Shiro could be mentored by Pavel, and be successful. Since he has had success with other top Russian players.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote