HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senate Reforms

Old
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Flamingo

vCash: 500
Shame that we don't have this for each of the 5 teams picking before us. And if there is an Oil Change feature, well, who cares, they're picking RNH.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
2:24 - "as for the guy that's not tough. that 'tough guy', move him up to #3. At the prospects game, he didn't hesitate. he did okay there."

Who would that be referring too?
Roster @ prospects game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick King, Sportsnet
As is often the case, a fight headlined the game. Saskatoon Blades defenceman Duncan Siemens gave Sven Bartschi a rough ride along the back wall and continued shoving him after Bartschi was on the ice. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins stepped in to separate the two before David Musil went toe-to-toe with Siemens.

"I think it was a great show of teamsmanship," Nugent-Hopkins described. "Bartschi was getting cross-checked in the head and I kind of just stepped in to separate the two and Musil saw that happening and he kind of just stepped in and fought Siemens."

When asked what he thought of the fight, Cherry took the opportunity to praise the Czech defender and poked fun at his father, Frank Musil, who played nearly 800 games in the National Hockey League.

"It was pretty good," Cherry said. "I guess that was Musil's second fight, eh. Pretty good -- better than his old man, anyhow."
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...top_prospects/

Shows fight, then camera pans to the Jumbotron which shows the whole incident.
Musil is #6 White, Siemens is #5 Red.
RNH is #9 White, Bartschi is #25 White.

Edit - Rewatching the Senate Reforms clip, the scout's quote is actually "And as a guy thats not tough, he did fight that "tough guy", up at #3, at a prospects game. He didn't hesitate, he did ok there." Is the scout suggesting Siemens is the #3 guy on Ottawa's list? Musil (ranked in the late 20s) makes much more sense though if you assume "up at #3" refers to Musil's rank on a short list for the Nashville pick.

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 06-06-2011 at 01:08 PM.
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 12:57 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Landeskog View Post
2:24 - "as for the guy that's not tough. that 'tough guy', move him up to #3. At the prospects game, he didn't hesitate. he did okay there."
This is David Musil I believe (he fought Siemens in the prospects game--the latter fights a lot more than Musil). The discussion must be about their pick at #21.

Ah, CanadianHockey beat me to it.

petelevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

#3 could be a reference to Siemen's ranking amongst defenceman on the Sens board, the same way the #7 ranking could also be of d-men. Tough to parse it out completely without context.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

They probably mentioned names when the cameras left.

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

The guy that's mentioned as "he'll help you win [...] sometimes you need to win 3-1, 3-2 games"... I wonder if that might be Landeskog. He's not flashy but a good two-way guy, maybe that's what they were referencing?

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Batali Crocs*

I thought it would be longer than this.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Benny FTW
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
I thought it would be longer than this.
Thats what she said.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

That was disappointing.

TheSpaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieRunsValhalla View Post
Thats what she said.

But seriously, the segment was kinda disappointing. No production values at all. Nice choice with the NIN and Tron soundtrack though. There is no comparison whatsoever with "Oil Change" which was obviously produced by professionals and not some guy's brother who has some decent equipement. "Senate reform" felt like just another quick segment from the regular Sens TV stuff.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Anderson We Trust View Post
That was disappointing.
Unfortunately, she said that as well...

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM
CR15

It was better than nothing I guess, thought it would be longer

Looking forward the most to the episode that would be right before the draft starts, with Murray giving his scouts the lay of the land and any trade scenario's atleast I hope there is an ep like that

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Pyke*

Bad jokes aside, this was fairly disappointing.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Benny FTW
k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
It was better than nothing I guess, thought it would be longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieRunsValhalla View Post
Thats what she said.
Again

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Coco the Monkey*
T-Bone!

What else do you expect guys? This organization always underwhelms!

Coco the Monkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
PKC*

If you pause the video at 1:27 while Dorion is talking with that board behind him, you can make out the following names for their WHL player rankings:

Nugent-Hopkins
Bartschi
Siemens (this is a guess, the name ends with an S and Siemens seems to be the only logical guy that fits here)
McNeill

If someone has video editing software and can play the clip frame by frame, you can make out the last couple of names while the video is transitioning between the 1:26 and
1:28 mark.

Of note already, is that they seem to really like Bartschi as they have him as the second-ranked WHL player on their list.

EDIT: Looks like the two next names after McNeil are Brodin and Rattie, although I'm not sure how Brodin gets on the list given that he plays in Europe.

Last edited by PKC*: 06-06-2011 at 02:33 PM.
PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
If you pause the video at 1:27 while Dorion is talking with that board behind him, you can make out the following names for their WHL player rankings:

Nugent-Hopkins
Bartschi
Siemens (this is a guess, the name ends with an S and Siemens seems to be the only logical guy that fits here)
McNeill

If someone has video editing software and can play the clip frame by frame, you can make out the last couple of names while the video is transitioning between the 1:26 and

Of note already, is that they seem to really like Bartschi as they have him as the second-ranked WHL player on their list.

EDIT: Looks like the two next names after McNeil are Brodin and Rattie, although I'm not sure how Brodin gets on the list given that he plays in Europe.
Nice find! I'm sure someone has the capabilities to get the last couple of names...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
PKC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...top_prospects/

Shows fight, then camera pans to the Jumbotron which shows the whole incident.
Musil is #6 White, Siemens is #5 Red.
RNH is #9 White, Bartschi is #25 White.

Edit - Rewatching the Senate Reforms clip, the scout's quote is actually "And as a guy thats not tough, he did fight that "tough guy", up at #3, at a prospects game. He didn't hesitate, he did ok there." Is the scout suggesting Siemens is the #3 guy on Ottawa's list? Musil (ranked in the late 20s) makes much more sense though if you assume "up at #3" refers to Musil's rank on a short list for the Nashville pick.
Here's what I've gleaned from that part of the video...based on what I've figured out about the board Pierre Dorion is looking at around the 1:26 mark.
It looks like that board is a ranking of WHL players, I'm pretty sure I've figured out the top 6 on that list.

When he's talking about holding his own against the #3 guy, he's talking about Musil and Siemens (who they have at #3).

Old
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco the Monkey View Post
What else do you expect guys? This organization always underwhelms!
yeah, what's up with that? didn't see any oil change stuff, but it sounds like it was way better.

(ok now i'm watching episode 1 on youtube. senate reform should not be compared to this, it will only dissapoint and makes the sens look like an amateur organization.)
EDIT: why didn't i watch this oil change stuff before?

Last edited by Icelevel: 06-06-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 496
ITT: Senators counter intelligence

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

It wasn't what I was expecting but it's still something Sens related to look forward to each week up until the draft.

Could be better but then they can't exactly record much more without giving away their draft plan and preferable prospects.

06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
yeah, what's up with that? didn't see any oil change stuff, but it sounds like it was way better.

(ok now i'm watching episode 1 on youtube. senate reform should not be compared to this, it will only dissapoint and makes the sens look like an amateur organization.)
EDIT: why didn't i watch this oil change stuff before?
If you watched the 24/7 Winter Classic series it is similar to that.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

Quote:

Nugent-Hopkins
Bartschi
McNeill

It's Morrow after McNeill on the list, not Brodin. Had to rewind and pause it a few times!

Great catch.

Their WHL list is almost identical to CSS's, the exception being that McNeill and Morrow are swapped.

Wiercioch2Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:

Nugent-Hopkins
Bartschi
McNeill

I just looked at your findings, great job btw, at 1:27 you can see a name with a W at the end meaning Joseph Morrow.

Edit: Somebody beat me to it 2 minutes ago...

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
PKC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiercioch2Karlsson View Post
It's Morrow after McNeill on the list, not Brodin. Had to rewind and pause it a few times!

Great catch.

Their WHL list is almost identical to CSS's, the exception being that McNeill and Morrow are swapped.
That definitely makes way more sense!