HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
The way I'm looking at it, I'm trying to make as clean of a split as possible. One part of my life is over, but a new one is beginning. I'll purchase some discount stuff from nhl.com for vintage purposes, but I'm a member of Preds Nation now. I'm just ready for the puck to drop so I can see the team and actually talk about players.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:24 AM
thomas magnum

They should do some sort of "trade in an ATL jersey and get a Nashville jersey" type deal. That would be a good idea.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
They should do some sort of "trade in an ATL jersey and get a Nashville jersey" type deal. That would be a good idea.
I would think it would be more of a discount for a new Preds jersey. But I would never ask a Thrashers fan to give up their jersey for a new Preds jersey.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I would think it would be more of a discount for a new Preds jersey. But I would never ask a Thrashers fan to give up their jersey for a new Preds jersey.
Yeah, I honestly don't know if I'd do it. But I think it could be a good idea. Probably just buy a new one. They won't be making anymore Thrashers gear.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Adz

Quote:
Yeah, I honestly don't know if I'd do it. But I think it could be a good idea. Probably just buy a new one. They won't be making anymore Thrashers gear.
DON'T TRADE.

I still regret the day I traded in my Barbie...one of the first that came out--with the striped black and white one piece bathing suit and the ponytail--for a newer model. That stupid doll would be worth thousands even in the well played in shape she was in. Also I think most of us recognize Atlanta Thrashers jerseys as part of our fan attire at this point. You'll want to buy a Preds jersey eventually, but the Thrasher jersey may reward you with free beers. Not only do we sympathize, we empathize.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:19 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I don't know if I could wear one of my Thrashers jerseys to a Preds game simply for the Jersey Foul standpoint. Atlanta Flames jerseys were acceptable at Thrashers games, but that was a different story.

I always viewed the chain of acceptability as.....
Home team>National Team>International leagues>Minor Leagues>Beer Leagues>Other NHL Teams

Old
06-17-2011, 09:41 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
I don't know if I could wear one of my Thrashers jerseys to a Preds game simply for the Jersey Foul standpoint. Atlanta Flames jerseys were acceptable at Thrashers games, but that was a different story.

I always viewed the chain of acceptability as.....
Home team>National Team>International leagues>Minor Leagues>Beer Leagues>Other NHL Teams
Yeah, I always hate it when people wear random jerseys from other teams. However, I think I'm going to wear a Thrashers jersey to the first Preds game I attend just as a statement. After that I'll probably just wear Preds gear.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
KevFist
is best pony

What we should do is all of us should wear our Thrashers gear to the home opener, and change to Preds gear for the second period

Old
06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
What we should do is all of us should wear our Thrashers gear to the home opener, and change to Preds gear for the second period
Haha...yeah I'm hoping to be able to go to the home opener.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm usually one of the people who mocks the "random team's jersey" folks, but I think I could make an exception for Thrashers fans at the beginning of the season. Now, once we are a couple of weeks in I fully expect those Atlanta fans to shell out at least $30 for a tshirt jersey, hat, or something

Old
06-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Adz

I honestly don't care when people wear "random" jerseys to games. It means something to them! Maybe it's mojo, maybe it's to honor a heritage or a player they like. Or maybe it's a visitor who's posted that they'll be at, say, the Edmonton game wearing their Flames jerseys so we'll know them. I also don't care if someone has their screen name or something outside a player name on there. I'm just happy that people aren't wearing their football jerseys anymore. Ha!

Old
06-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Yeah, I always hate it when people wear random jerseys from other teams. However, I think I'm going to wear a Thrashers jersey to the first Preds game I attend just as a statement. After that I'll probably just wear Preds gear.
I ****ing hate it when people wear gear of teams that aren't even playing that night ... bugs the **** out of me

Old
06-17-2011, 12:14 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm usually one of the people who mocks the "random team's jersey" folks, but I think I could make an exception for Thrashers fans at the beginning of the season. Now, once we are a couple of weeks in I fully expect those Atlanta fans to shell out at least $30 for a tshirt jersey, hat, or something
I was hoping we could bring decent sized group up for a Saturday game (at least once). Hopefully the first opportunity is near the beginning of the year, but hard to say until the schedule comes out.

Even if this happens 4, 5, 6 weeks into the season, hopefully you all won't mind us sporting our Thrashers gear then.

I'm not a big fan of the random jersey either, though it really doesn't bother me too much. I have worn my Whalers jersey to a few games, not sure if that counts. I just thought it was cool, ton of people game me a thumbs-up or stopped to talk for a sec.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I ****ing hate it when people wear gear of teams that aren't even playing that night ... bugs the **** out of me
See, that's probably why I have no issues with high blood pressure...

I am the serenest.

http://dananau.com/wabe/humor/monkgloats.pdf

Old
06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
See, that's probably why I have no issues with high blood pressure...

I am the serenest.

http://dananau.com/wabe/humor/monkgloats.pdf
and on that note, I'm headed to Crema to check out the grilled cheeserie truck noise

Old
06-17-2011, 02:24 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
The way I'm looking at it, I'm trying to make as clean of a split as possible. One part of my life is over, but a new one is beginning. I'll purchase some discount stuff from nhl.com for vintage purposes, but I'm a member of Preds Nation now. I'm just ready for the puck to drop so I can see the team and actually talk about
players.
Couldn't agree more

Old
06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Sunshine36616

I have a Preds jersey, have had it for years. I think it is one of the very first ones. My husband bought it before I even knew him. He just liked the logo. I want one of the new 3rd jerseys. Those are sharp.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:48 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Couldn't agree more
Hey dude! Guess what I have in my possession? New England/Hartford Whalers media guides from 1976-1979. They were in a file to be destroyed (The law firm I worked for represented the Whalers back in the 70's) and I saved them from the shredder!

Old
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Hey dude! Guess what I have in my possession? New England/Hartford Whalers media guides from 1976-1979. They were in a file to be destroyed (The law firm I worked for represented the Whalers back in the 70's) and I saved them from the shredder!
Wow, what a find!

Should feature player profiles on all of the Whalers retired numbers (#2 Rick Ley, #9 Gordie Howe, and #19 John McKenzie) and looking back through the WHA era and the 1979 NHL expansion should have some neat features as well.

Very cool!

Old
06-17-2011, 08:25 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I was hoping we could bring decent sized group up for a Saturday game (at least once). Hopefully the first opportunity is near the beginning of the year, but hard to say until the schedule comes out.

Even if this happens 4, 5, 6 weeks into the season, hopefully you all won't mind us sporting our Thrashers gear then.

I'm not a big fan of the random jersey either, though it really doesn't bother me too much. I have worn my Whalers jersey to a few games, not sure if that counts. I just thought it was cool, ton of people game me a thumbs-up or stopped to talk for a sec.
Oh I was just kidding around. You guys feel free to sport your Atl gear as long as you want.

Old
06-18-2011, 06:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Sweet! Great snag!

Kevin said... Yoink!

Old
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Well...it's done. I changed my all mighty HF bookmark from the Thrashers page to the Predators page.

sigh.

Here's to the draft, free agency, and a great organization who has their **** together. Looking forward to taking my son (may not be next season as he is only 10 months) to Smashville for weekend trips.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
KevFist
is best pony

you can road trip with DJ4aces and I to nashville!

Old
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Well...it's done. I changed my all mighty HF bookmark from the Thrashers page to the Predators page.

sigh.

Here's to the draft, free agency, and a great organization who has their **** together. Looking forward to taking my son (may not be next season as he is only 10 months) to Smashville for weekend trips.

Awesome! I've got a 9 month old son. I'm looking forward to doing the same. I have to say one of the hardest things for me about the Thrashers leaving is knowing I won't be able to take him to games here. I really regret not dragging him to at least one this year even though he was really young. We've even got a Thrashers logo with his name on the door to his room that a friend painted. I'm just glad he isn't old enough to know that his favorite team is leaving.

In 3 or 4 hours we'll be Nashville Predators fans. I'm excited!

Old
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
you can road trip with DJ4aces and I to nashville!
Sweet! I'm in.

Closed Thread