HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
cws
...in the drink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouGuys View Post
Winnipeg comes to Nashville on March 24, 2012. Seems like a bit of a wait...but that's fine!

Nashville's schedule has quite a few Saturday games. Along with the Winnipeg game, I'm hoping the Thrashers package they put together includes some of these:

Devils 10/15/11
Habs 11/12/11
Blues 12/17/11 (I was drafted by them in the dispersal draft)
Hawks 1/21/12
Sharks 2/25/12 (Boo the **** out of Heatley and Eager)
Wings 3/10/12
I think the pre-season game with Winnipeg is on a Saturday, but that doesn't work for a too many reasons.
Viqsi is right; some time needs to pass first. The 3/24 date works better.

If there's a large enough number of us there, I think it would look right if as many as possible are sporting both Thrashers and Preds gear.

Hoping they'll do like a mini-plan for us; maybe pick-and-choose 6 out of the 15 Saturday games. Or something like that.

Old
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
HeyYouGuys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I think the pre-season game with Winnipeg is on a Saturday, but that doesn't work for a too many reasons.
Viqsi is right; some time needs to pass first. The 3/24 date works better.

If there's a large enough number of us there, I think it would look right if as many as possible are sporting both Thrashers and Preds gear.

Hoping they'll do like a mini-plan for us; maybe pick-and-choose 6 out of the 15 Saturday games. Or something like that.
They are indeed putting together a mini plan specifically for Thrashers fans. The rep I've been in contact with mentioned they will also try for some gas and hotel deals as well. He doesn't know how many games yet, but I'm guessing 4-5.

Old
06-23-2011, 04:37 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouGuys View Post
Winnipeg comes to Nashville on March 24, 2012. Seems like a bit of a wait...but that's fine!

Nashville's schedule has quite a few Saturday games. Along with the Winnipeg game, I'm hoping the Thrashers package they put together includes some of these:

Devils 10/15/11
Habs 11/12/11
Blues 12/17/11 (I was drafted by them in the dispersal draft)
Hawks 1/21/12
Sharks 2/25/12 (Boo the **** out of Heatley and Eager)
Wings 3/10/12
I don't hold anything against Heatley and he did stick up for the fans in Atlanta during the whole process of the team being sold.

Old
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLfan25 View Post
I don't hold anything against Heatley and he did stick up for the fans in Atlanta during the whole process of the team being sold.
I did, but I think his fair assessment of what went on here was a sort of redemption.

Eager, on the other hand, can go fornicate with a cheese grater.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
One more "lol what" bit of news that might be of interest to the catbird camp:

Quote:
Hawks part-owner Bruce Levenson denied a report Thursday by Sports Illustrated that the basketball team is on the verge of being sold.

"Not true," Levenson said in an email to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "We will issue a statement shortly."

That statement indicated a deal is not imminent but reiterated that the Hawks' owners are at least seeking new investors.
(from http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...rt-985903.html)

Goodness, that seems awfully familiar.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
One more "lol what" bit of news that might be of interest to the catbird camp:
I've been following that latest bit of drama today. It all started here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ale/index.html

It would be in Atlanta Spirit's best interests to sell off everything else and get out. They will not make any money, considering what they've done to the sports landscape of Atlanta.

Old
06-24-2011, 06:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

It still boggles my mind that they held onto the Hawks (and the arena for that matter) despite the NBA most likely not having a season next year.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:54 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

From one of the sales reps I have been speaking with.

"The NHL schedule was just released. We’ll be putting together a package for Atlanta-based fans in the next week or so and sending another update when details are finalized."

Old
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I did, but I think his fair assessment of what went on here was a sort of redemption.

Eager, on the other hand, can go fornicate with a cheese grater.
knowing that idiot, he's probably tried. I never understood why people got so pissed last year when he got traded. He singlehandedly cost us at least three games last season.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
It still boggles my mind that they held onto the Hawks (and the arena for that matter) despite the NBA most likely not having a season next year.
The Spirit is under the impression that they'll get more if they sell everything individually. With the changes to the bond agreement made late last year, the Spirit may be trying to ship the Hawks off to a relocation interest as well, in a vain attempt to maximize their profits from the sale of the teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
From one of the sales reps I have been speaking with.

"The NHL schedule was just released. We’ll be putting together a package for Atlanta-based fans in the next week or so and sending another update when details are finalized."
That's awesome! I can't wait to see the packages they come up with!

Old
06-24-2011, 09:10 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
The Spirit is under the impression that they'll get more if they sell everything individually. With the changes to the bond agreement made late last year, the Spirit may be trying to ship the Hawks off to a relocation interest as well, in a vain attempt to maximize their profits from the sale of the teams.

Yeah, I got the email from the Preds sales rep yesterday too. I've gotten 2 emails from them so far. I barely ever got this much attention in Atlanta. It's kinda funny.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:

I think there would be massive amounts of hell to pay if the Spirit were to ship the Hawks off as well. I can't see Atlanta falling to the ranks of having just two professional sports teams.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Bongo

[QUOTE=dj4aces;33875307]My point is that Waddell, while perhaps not directly responsible for the move, was not just some pawn. In many ways, he was just simply as smart as a pet rock.

/QUOTE]

dj: I have to respectfully disagree. While you're correct about Donny being dumber than a bag of hammers, I think he was in on it all the way. Any hockey man with a ounce of integrity would have told those clowns at ASG to stick it where the sun don't shine. Not our boy. Donny the Wadd kept the payroll down and showed Brunette, Savard, Hossa, and Kovy the door.

Old
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
dj: I have to respectfully disagree. While you're correct about Donny being dumber than a bag of hammers, I think he was in on it all the way. Any hockey man with a ounce of integrity would have told those clowns at ASG to stick it where the sun don't shine. Not our boy. Donny the Wadd kept the payroll down and showed Brunette, Savard, Hossa, and Kovy the door.
a: I left myself an out, there, by using the word "perhaps." D-Wad definitely had a part in moving this team from Atlanta; however, his role should not be overstated. He didn't own the team, he just helped run it into the ground..

As we all know, D-Wad has no honesty, integrity, or cojones.

b. As for players leaving, I'll give you Savard and Brunette. Hossa and Kovalchuk, on the other hand, I will not. Those players knew this team was moving, it was all a matter of "when," not "if." That's why both of those players' statements up to the time they left talked about Atlanta as a "good place," but never really committed to the team itself, using hedged statements like "my agent is handling this, I'm here to play." Kovalchuk asked for a max contract, knowing full well Atlanta Spirit wouldn't do it. As we all saw, Atlanta Spirit tried to come close, but couldn't ever do it.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:03 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
a: I left myself an out, there, by using the word "perhaps." D-Wad definitely had a part in moving this team from Atlanta; however, his role should not be overstated. He didn't own the team, he just helped run it into the ground..

As we all know, D-Wad has no honesty, integrity, or cojones.

b. As for players leaving, I'll give you Savard and Brunette. Hossa and Kovalchuk, on the other hand, I will not. Those players knew this team was moving, it was all a matter of "when," not "if." That's why both of those players' statements up to the time they left talked about Atlanta as a "good place," but never really committed to the team itself, using hedged statements like "my agent is handling this, I'm here to play." Kovalchuk asked for a max contract, knowing full well Atlanta Spirit wouldn't do it. As we all saw, Atlanta Spirit tried to come close, but couldn't ever do it.
I heard a rumor from a friend who knows some guys that are friends with Kovy. Take this for what its worth cuz its just a rumor but what they said was Kovy did want to re-sign in ATL and retire a Thrasher but he wanted a guarantee that the team would stay in ATL and the owners would not give him that so he didn't sign.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I heard a rumor from a friend who knows some guys that are friends with Kovy. Take this for what its worth cuz its just a rumor but what they said was Kovy did want to re-sign in ATL and retire a Thrasher but he wanted a guarantee that the team would stay in ATL and the owners would not give him that so he didn't sign.
Yeah I think that is pretty much the general conseneus for why he left.

Old
06-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Bongo

Plus we now know that you can't trust any statements from the team so we really don't know the true details of the Kovy deal. What I do know is that after playing here 3 months, Eric Belanger knew Atlanta wasn't a good place for a hockey player with any ambition.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Plus we now know that you can't trust any statements from the team so we really don't know the true details of the Kovy deal. What I do know is that after playing here 3 months, Eric Belanger knew Atlanta wasn't a good place for a hockey player with any ambition.
True...and when I look at how ATL was a revolving door for players moving onto greener pastures it makes me excited to be a Preds fan now. With how well they develop their own talent and will HOPEFULLY be able to re-sign guys like Suter, Weber and Rinne.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:12 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Ugh....was just thinking about the Thrashers team that could have been last year....

Kovalchuk-Savard-Hossa
Kane-Belanger-Heatley
Brunette-Little-Antropov
Boulton-Slater-Thorburn

Byfuglien-Enstrom
Coburn-Hainsey
Bogosian-Stuart

Pavelec
Hedberg

Old
06-24-2011, 11:13 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Ugh....was just thinking about the Thrashers team that could have been last year....

Kovalchuk-Savard-Hossa
Kane-Belanger-Heatley
Brunette-Little-Antropov
Boulton-Slater-Thorburn

Byfuglien-Enstrom
Coburn-Hainsey
Bogosian-Stuart

Pavelec
Hedberg
Heatley was traded for Hossa.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:21 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Heatley was traded for Hossa.
Forget it, he's rolling...

Old
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Well played...

Old
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post

Kovalchuk-Savard-Hossa
Kane-Belanger-Heatley
Brunette-Little-Antropov
Boulton-Slater-Thorburn

Byfuglien-Enstrom
Coburn-Hainsey
Bogosian-Stuart

Pavelec
Hedberg
Don't forget Wheeler!

Old
06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Bongo

And Lehtonen. I imagine had Kari gone to a real NHL team instead of our's he would have shown up for camp in shape. In fact it was the goalie curse that first led me to think things weren't quite right with this team.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
True...and when I look at how ATL was a revolving door for players moving onto greener pastures it makes me excited to be a Preds fan now. With how well they develop their own talent and will HOPEFULLY be able to re-sign guys like Suter, Weber and Rinne.
After what Thrasher fans have been through these last few years, I to am excited to be supporting an organization that seems to know what it's doing.

Closed Thread