HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 09:42 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'll be there! Can't wait.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Juneemoon

vCash: 500
I just read a translated interview with Burmistrov and he said the sweetest thing. Then I realized I don't have anywhere to put it any more. So y'all can just read it...

Quote:
In addition to changes in the team, there are others on the club level. "Atlanta" moved to Winnipeg. We are glad to return to Canada?

It's hard to say. I'm in the city has never been, the fans do not know. I know only that there are very fond of hockey. There's just two weeks flew all the tickets. Great excitement. With pleasure I will wait for the championship. But I also want to thank the Atlanta and its fans. Yes, they were few, but they were true. They were always with us, support. I'm just glad that the city was in my life, and I had a chance to play there.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Just got a message back from the sales staff in Nashville and they have devised a 'Thrash to smash' ticket package. The basic jist is this. Buy 5 tickets out of 8 games and you will receive 2 free lower bowl tickets to the March 24th Winnipeg game. The games are as follows.

Sept 24th Winnipeg
Oct 29th Anaheim
Nov 19th Columbus
Dec 3rd Buffalo
Jan 1st Calgary (5 PM game)
Jan 14th Philly
Feb 4th St. Louis
Feb 25th San Jose

Mar 24th Winnipeg (6PM game, Might be a televised game. Might be a good way to show off the ATL colors)

There is additional goodies attached to this ticket package: Discounted packing option, Discounted hotel packages, Priority for Playoff tickets. ETC.
If you would like more details PM me with your email or go directly to the sales group, (My contact is dschaefer@nashvillepredators.com but there are more.) go for it.
This sounds like a great deal. I got the email from the ticket guy I've been in touch with too. I'm going to be contacting him soon to figure out some specifics.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Let me make an additional note to the catbirds. The game is at 6 PM which tells me that it might be a televised game, the Preds are putting the ticket buyers in on section in the lower bowl which will be easier to see on TV. Might be a good way to show that the ATL still cares about hockey.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:14 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
I just read a translated interview with Burmistrov and he said the sweetest thing. Then I realized I don't have anywhere to put it any more. So y'all can just read it...
He always seemed like a great kid and any team in the NHL would be lucky to have him. I hope he turns out to be a star in the league for years to come. I'd trade away a hell of a lot to get a kid with the kind of skill who plays that hard and is such a stand up guy.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Let me make an additional note to the catbirds. The game is at 6 PM which tells me that it might be a televised game, the Preds are putting the ticket buyers in on section in the lower bowl which will be easier to see on TV. Might be a good way to show that the ATL still cares about hockey.
That's awesome. I've been talking to approximately 10 of my friends who are ex-Thrasher fans about heading up there for games this year. We can stay with our friend who has a place up in White Bluff now. I'm so excited about going up for games. I don't know that I can make 5 this year or not with a new baby in the house but I'm gonna do the best I can.

I'm going to be contacting Dan soon to get a little more info on this.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Bongo

I'm shaking the trees down here as well. I have already picked the five games I want to attend and only a couple are listed in the deal(Buffalo/San Jose)but as of now it could be as few as 2 people going with me most nights.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
<3 burmi

would love him even more in a devs or preds uni

Old
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

there's info from the Atlanta Thrasher Fan club about getting a deal for just the March game if you can't make all 5 of the package deal.....

What the Nashville folks are doing for the Atlanta fans is great. Thanks!

Old
07-09-2011, 01:14 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
there's info from the Atlanta Thrasher Fan club about getting a deal for just the March game if you can't make all 5 of the package deal.....

What the Nashville folks are doing for the Atlanta fans is great. Thanks!
Do you have a link where I can follow this?

We can't afford the 5 game deal and this would be better.

Old
07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
astrobuck

Hey, I'm gonna be stopping in ATL on the way to Florida this weekend. Anyone seen any Thrashers jerseys for sale on the cheap around town? I've already got several, but would be looking for some for the kids or wife.
I seem to remember that the Value City on Highway 9 used to have cheap Hawks and Braves gear, but I left Atlanta in 2006.

Old
07-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrobuck View Post
Hey, I'm gonna be stopping in ATL on the way to Florida this weekend. Anyone seen any Thrashers jerseys for sale on the cheap around town? I've already got several, but would be looking for some for the kids or wife.
I seem to remember that the Value City on Highway 9 used to have cheap Hawks and Braves gear, but I left Atlanta in 2006.
From earlier reports, the stuff at the arena was all boxed up and shipped...elsewhere ("check eBay" was whispered, conspiratorially). I guess there might still be some at local sports stores.

Old
07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrobuck View Post
Don't know about sweaters. Local sports stores may have some. I know some who've found other kind of gear at local stores like Party City and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

If you feel like pilfering through the city's stores, they're all out there.

Old
07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
That's awesome. I've been talking to approximately 10 of my friends who are ex-Thrasher fans about heading up there for games this year. We can stay with our friend who has a place up in White Bluff now. I'm so excited about going up for games. I don't know that I can make 5 this year or not with a new baby in the house but I'm gonna do the best I can.

I'm going to be contacting Dan soon to get a little more info on this.
y'all come

Old
07-14-2011, 06:58 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

From last night:

Forechecker

Cogen projects that Fox Sports may partner with both Carolina & Nashville to serve the former Thrashers market for TV, possibly dividing it.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Bongo

Over on the Winnipeg board, they seem to think the Jets will play in the Central for '12-'13. Those games may draw even more Atlanta fans.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Top 6 Spaling

At SOTU last night, the Atlanta market was discussed quite a bit. There is appearently going to be a "Thrash to Gnash" plan that includes a Saturday game, gas card, and hotel room provided by the visitor and convention bureau. Our management wants you just as badly as our fans do.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
At SOTU last night, the Atlanta market was discussed quite a bit. There is appearently going to be a "Thrash to Gnash" plan that includes a Saturday game, gas card, and hotel room provided by the visitor and convention bureau. Our management wants you just as badly as our fans do.
Very smart move by management to break into Atlanta ASAP. Nashville is the closest hockey market by about 2 hours (drive). IMO, Nashville has a HUGE opportunity here.

Old
07-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Very smart move by management to break into Atlanta ASAP. Nashville is the closest hockey market by about 2 hours (drive). IMO, Nashville has a HUGE opportunity here.
Ciggaran (chairman of the ownership group) said that within 48 hours of the official word Atlanta was gone, our marketing team had already talked to the visitors bureau, the gas company that is doing the cards, and had the name, symbols, banners, etc. all done. 48 hours after..... I dont think they were gonna miss this chance.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 07-14-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old
07-14-2011, 08:59 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I'll be honest with ya...In dealing with the nashville folks and stuff, I've got the warm fuzzies I never had with ASG or Time Warner before that.

Old
07-14-2011, 09:01 AM
KevFist
is best pony

As for Winnipeg being in the central....Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. It doesn't feel like my team anymore. I know I post more on the Winnipeg board right now, but it's simply because I know more about hte players. As the season gets going and I see more Preds games, that'll shift in favour of over here.

Old
07-14-2011, 09:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
As for Winnipeg being in the central....Honestly, it really doesn't matter to me. It doesn't feel like my team anymore. I know I post more on the Winnipeg board right now, but it's simply because I know more about hte players. As the season gets going and I see more Preds games, that'll shift in favour of over here.
Exactly how I feel as well.

Old
07-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Ciggaran (chairman of the ownership group) said that within 48 hours of the official word Atlanta was gone, our marketing team had already talking to the visitors bureau, the gas company that is doing the cards, and had the name, symbols, banners, etc. all done. 48 hours after..... I dont think they were gonna miss this chance.
Before the hammer fell here in Atlanta, I posted something on a hockey chat board(don't remember which one)about going to to Nashville for my fix and got an e-mail 10 minutes later from a ticket rep there. As I've said before, I'm excited about supporting an organization that knows what it's doing. After what we've been put through here these last 11 years, I really appreciate it.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
I'll be honest with ya...In dealing with the nashville folks and stuff, I've got the warm fuzzies I never had with ASG or Time Warner before that.
That's a big reason why I became a fan, despite (sadly) having never been to Nashville.

Old
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Jesus, I'm watching all the feeds for the skate of the union and the loudest overation was for the Thrasher's fan.

Closed Thread