HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2011, 09:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
Yeah, I saw it. For some reason that didn't flip me out too much. I figured either a. coaches/management told them to do it or b. they did it so the Peggers wouldn't burn and flip their cars.
Yeah...I'll admit it. It wasn't that the players saluted, it was just a jealousy issue.

sigh.

Old
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
At the end of their PGT, there's a youtube of the end of the game. Warning...I had to stop about half way through before I ripped my computer out of the wall.
Quote:
Yeah, I saw it. For some reason that didn't flip me out too much. I figured either a. coaches/management told them to do it or b. they did it so the Peggers wouldn't burn and flip their cars.
what happened?

Old
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
what happened?
Stick-raised salute to the fans. They kind of put a whuppin' on our AHL bench, too.

(Yes, our AHL bench. Several of our top AHL starters - Savard, Moore, Atkinson, Holden - were in Columbus. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Sunshine36616

I so thoroughly enjoyed the other game though. (Chris) Mason continues to be worthless.

It was painful to see the salute. After all the games I've sat through where the team played like complete ****, seems like the only salute I got came with one finger.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I'm pretty sure they (Thrashers) saluted after opening night last year against the Caps, but maybe it's my imagination.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
I so thoroughly enjoyed the other game though. (Chris) Mason continues to be worthless.

It was painful to see the salute. After all the games I've sat through where the team played like complete ****, seems like the only salute I got came with one finger.
Given that ownership was actively uncaring, I'm not all that shocked.

Personally, I'm just happy that Mayorov seems to be indicating that he wants to do this NHL thing for reals now. That's more than we ever got out of Filatov - and to think, in the early days we figured it'd be the other way around.

Joinnnnn ussss... we'll have a large bandwagooonnn...

Old
09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I'm pretty sure they (Thrashers) saluted after opening night last year against the Caps, but maybe it's my imagination.
Maybe you are thinking of them gathered around Pavelec after he fained lol.

At the end of the season after the "shirts off our back" contest, they clap "at" us, but I don't ever recall a stick raise because I would thought it was kind of a Rangers/Hawks/Predators/insert team rip off.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:27 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:

Mace is a decent goalie with a good team in front of him

he would be a fine backup here or in a place like detroit or boston but with prospects in front of him I have no doubt he struggled.

Old
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Mace is a decent goalie with a good team in front of him

he would be a fine backup here or in a place like detroit or boston but with prospects in front of him I have no doubt he struggled.
I know the Thrashers weren't great, but they were better than prospects and Mason still sucked last season. I was terribly disappointed. He is a really nice guy, I got to speak with him a few times. I was super excited when he signed with us. I thought we finally had a bona fide #1 starting goalie. We did, it just wasn't Mason lol

And he's a big dork, he loved living here so he could go to Dragon Con

Old
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I'm still trying to understand all the Bogo Love over there. He made some pretty serious derps last night. Looked like the same ol Zach to me....Flashes of being a great player overshadowed by horrible mental lapses. There's also the Sheifele train going on over there... he got 2 goals and 2 assists on lower tier AHL/ECHL bound players. A top 10 draft pick SHOULD be able to do that. It'll change as soon as he has to go up against Ovechkin/Skinner/Staal/St. Louis/Stamkos/Lecavalier/Versteeg/Booth on a regular basis. Do the kid a favor and send him back to Barrie, or he'll wind up like Bogosian.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that Angelo Esposito is in camp with the Panthers.

Old
09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
I'm still trying to understand all the Bogo Love over there. He made some pretty serious derps last night. Looked like the same ol Zach to me....Flashes of being a great player overshadowed by horrible mental lapses. There's also the Sheifele train going on over there... he got 2 goals and 2 assists on lower tier AHL/ECHL bound players. A top 10 draft pick SHOULD be able to do that. It'll change as soon as he has to go up against Ovechkin/Skinner/Staal/St. Louis/Stamkos/Lecavalier/Versteeg/Booth on a regular basis. Do the kid a favor and send him back to Barrie, or he'll wind up like Bogosian.

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that Angelo Esposito is in camp with the Panthers.
Oh my lord, I'm so with you on the Bogo love. I, and probably a lot of others here,have watched EVERY professional game Zach has played. We KNOW what we are talking about. He is a great skater and has the physical talents, but he has zero hockey sense and you can't teach that. He is also getting the reputation of being hard to coach. Folks don't want to hear it. In his defense, Dmen take longer, yada yada. "Hainsey is terrible!" "Don't resign Oduya" okay, remind me who they partnered with again???

I actually was pretty impressed with Sheifele.

Old
09-22-2011, 04:09 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Mason .....

And he's a big dork, he loved living here so he could go to Dragon Con
He was like that here. Mason and his road roommate (I want to say it was Weber, but I'm not completely sure) had what the rest of the team termed "the cave". They would get to their room and not leave all night. They ordered room service and played video games all night.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Juneemoon

Some schmendrick over there also thinks that Burmistrov could be sent back to Junior this year

Old
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Bogosian is a wreck. And hell, I think I could have scored against Columbus' netminder that night, so the love for Scheifele is quite peculiar indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Some schmendrick over there also thinks that Burmistrov could be sent back to Junior this year
O lawd. Seriously? Seriously?

Old
09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Bogosian is a wreck. And hell, I think I could have scored against Columbus' netminder that night, so the love for Scheifele is quite peculiar indeed.
Sanford wasn't that godawful. It's just that our defense consisted of our bottom NHL pairing, our middle AHL pairing, and a few early-developing guys straight out of juniors - and all were mixed up. The majority of our top blueline starters on either team were either sat out (Tyutin) or in Columbus (Wisniewski, Methot, Martinek, Savard, Moore, Holden).

Scheifele does look pretty good at knowing where to be and I was duly impressed by same. The question is, of course, whether or not he can still do that against quality blueliners. He has at least demonstrated he's a worthy top pick, which is most of what I was wondering about with him.

Also, Mr. Burmistrov-to-juniors needs to be set on fire.

Old
09-22-2011, 02:16 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Sanford wasn't that godawful. It's just that our defense consisted of our bottom NHL pairing, our middle AHL pairing, and a few early-developing guys straight out of juniors - and all were mixed up. The majority of our top blueline starters on either team were either sat out (Tyutin) or in Columbus (Wisniewski, Methot, Martinek, Savard, Moore, Holden).
The part I bolded is the reason why I would have been able to score.

Also... I'm only kinda sorta kidding around. Gotta have a little fun with an intra-division rival of mine

Old
09-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
The part I bolded is the reason why I would have been able to score.

Also... I'm only kinda sorta kidding around. Gotta have a little fun with an intra-division rival of mine
I'm well aware that you normally cheer for the Red Wings Presented By Amway. It's just that someone might have looked at your post and assumed you had a completely valid point about the goaltending somewhere in there.

Old
09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
I'm well aware that you normally cheer for the Red Wings Presented By Amway. It's just that someone might have looked at your post and assumed you had a completely valid point about the goaltending somewhere in there.
Not goaltending. Defense.

And, honestly, it hurts my heart just a little whenever I hear the "... presented by Amway." Nothing like having a pyramid scheme as a presenting sponsor.

Old
09-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:

And, honestly, it hurts my heart just a little whenever I hear the "... presented by Amway." Nothing like having a pyramid scheme as a presenting sponsor.
You said "netminder", but, meh, whatever. It's just silly banter.

And that little bit of owie is why I mention the "presented by" at all, but I suppose you're a decent enough person that I can lay off in the future when I'm talking to you. I make no promises for other Wings fans, tho.

Old
09-22-2011, 03:45 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:

Furreal?

Amway is really the RW sponsor???

*giggle*

Old
09-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Furreal?

Amway is really the RW sponsor???

*giggle*
I do not understand how you can call yourself a fan of a Central Division hockey team and not know that by now. It's petty, yes, but it's also truthful and effective.

Old
09-22-2011, 04:01 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
I do not understand how you can call yourself a fan of a Central Division hockey team and not know that by now. It's petty, yes, but it's also truthful and effective.
I am NOT a fan of Central Division hockey in general.

I am a fan of Predators hockey... the rest of y'all are just "next in line for a whuppin"

the only reason I know that the Jax are affiliated with Nationwide is because I have been there for a game

Old
09-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I am NOT a fan of Central Division hockey in general.

I am a fan of Predators hockey... the rest of y'all are just "next in line for a whuppin"

the only reason I know that the Jax are affiliated with Nationwide is because I have been there for a game
Nationwide has a logo on our ice this season at Bridgestone Arena too...

Old
09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
sweet! Mo' Money!!

Old
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Well, of course. We need y'all around long enough for us to get our proper vengeance.

Closed Thread