HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2011, 07:37 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Furreal?

Amway is really the RW sponsor???

*giggle*
Not just sponsor, presenting sponsor. This means that, pretty much whenever the Red Wings are to be mentioned in any way by anyone connected to the team, they have to say "Red Wings presented by Amway."

I seriously die a little every time I hear or see that. It's even incorporated into the Wings' Facebook avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
You said "netminder", but, meh, whatever. It's just silly banter.

And that little bit of owie is why I mention the "presented by" at all, but I suppose you're a decent enough person that I can lay off in the future when I'm talking to you. I make no promises for other Wings fans, tho.
Well... yeah, but the defense is the reason why.

Silly banter indeed. It just wouldn't be any fun without it, right?

Most here will attest (I hope) that I'm pretty decent, so thank you

Old
09-22-2011, 11:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I do not understand how you can call yourself a fan of a Central Division hockey team and not know that by now. It's petty, yes, but it's also truthful and effective.
I was gonna say the same thing. But I guess not everyone surfs hockey sites everyday and multiple sections to learn about other teams as well. It's all good.

Old
09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
A decent Red Wings fan? I doubt that.

There's a reason Detroit is the only Central Division city I haven't seen a Preds game in yet. I'm too skeered.

Old
09-23-2011, 05:52 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
A decent Red Wings fan? I doubt that.

There's a reason Detroit is the only Central Division city I haven't seen a Preds game in yet. I'm too skeered.
Don't be.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=877275

Old
09-23-2011, 06:35 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

anybody gonna represent Saturday night in Nashvegas?
(or am I just waaaay late to that party)

Old
09-23-2011, 07:14 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Not just sponsor, presenting sponsor. This means that, pretty much whenever the Red Wings are to be mentioned in any way by anyone connected to the team, they have to say "Red Wings presented by Amway."

I seriously die a little every time I hear or see that. It's even incorporated into the Wings' Facebook avatar.

Well... yeah, but the defense is the reason why.

Silly banter indeed. It just wouldn't be any fun without it, right?

I need to talk Buffaloed into changing the name of the Wings forum to the official team name... "Detroit Red Wings presented by Amway"

Old
09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
I need to talk Buffaloed into changing the name of the Wings forum to the official team name... "Detroit Red Wings presented by Amway"
I hate the Wings more than anything and even I won't do that

Old
09-23-2011, 09:58 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
if you pull that off I promise I will become an HF Sponsor

Old
09-23-2011, 10:22 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
anybody gonna represent Saturday night in Nashvegas?
(or am I just waaaay late to that party)
I'll be in Nashville for the first time in a few months

Old
09-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Wait 'till the playoffs to do it, so it doesn't get too overdone.

Old
09-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
if you pull that off I promise I will become an HF Sponsor
same here

Old
09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i gave up on the peg fans for the next year or so. they just have no clue. honestly, i could care less about that team now. they're not mine anymore.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i gave up on the peg fans for the next year or so. they just have no clue. honestly, i could care less about that team now. they're not mine anymore.
This. It was super easy to root against the Jets tonight. There's some really cool Jets fans out there, but there's also a lot that just won't listen.

Old
09-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Firestorm

Someone deleted a Thrashers thread on the main board, did anyone else notice?

Old
09-24-2011, 10:01 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Unfortunately no one can mention the Thrashers anymore without it turning into an insult fest.

Old
09-24-2011, 10:09 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

I hope all of those who made it up from Atlanta (or Atlanta fans who came up from other areas) had a great time at the game. Here's to an excellent night on the town, and a safe trip back

Old
09-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
I did....hell, I think I had four posts on it, and my fifth didn't make it because by then it was an "invalid thread".

This isn't the Soviet Union or Airstrip One; you can't just airbrush history or alter it and consign the original to a memory hole.

Old
09-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I did....hell, I think I had four posts on it, and my fifth didn't make it because by then it was an "invalid thread".

This isn't the Soviet Union or Airstrip One; you can't just airbrush history or alter it and consign the original to a memory hole.
Obviously they can, and will. Unfortunately.

Old
09-25-2011, 07:54 AM
KevFist
is best pony

For those of you who have never seen the article in question, here it is...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13237

Ryan Lambert makes some VERY valid points. It's like TNSE is doing their damndest to completely eliminate the memory of the Thrashers.

Here's some of the more interesting quotes....
Quote:
For some reason, the True North people who now own the newly-moved Atlanta franchise that began playing in the NHL in 1999 are doing their damnedest to whitewash all record of the Atlanta Thrashers from memory. They did this by not only gutting the front office and coaching staff with a blowtorch, but also by repeatedly having their Twitter feed refer to the franchise's first-ever so-and-so and any such event as "history." History for the 2011 Jets, sure. Not history for the franchise. It turns out a long-time minor-league tough guy named Barry Dreger scored the first-ever preseason goal in franchise history. He did it wearing a Thrashers sweater on Sept. 11, 1999, against the Blue Jackets Nashville Predators.
Quote:
Worse, the media not only in Winnipeg itself, which has been positively disgusting in the way it's fawned over the city's freshly-acquired team, is parrotting True North's company line. (While wholly failing to note that the way in which the Thrashers were spirited away from Atlanta was not unlike the griping they'd been doing for more than a decade about the way the Jets left town in the first place.)
Quote:
Of course, all this would be a lot easier to swallow if True North had been able to achieve its actual goal, buying the Phoenix Coyotes. At least they used to be the Jets. This is the equivalent of buying an alligator when you wanted a dinosaur, calling it a dinosaur, then having people so desparate to see a dinosaur write in newspapers and say on TV that you have actually brought back an ankylosaurus.
Quote:
But True North settled. Instead of fulfilling what they clearly felt was some sort of destiny, they pounced on the first available team and tried to pass it off as being in some way related to one a handful of people loved a decade and a half ago. Case in point: the bizarre debate over whether Evander Kane should be able to wear the No. 9 jersey Bobby Hull made famous in the same city. Of course he should, since this isn't the same franchise. No one raised kicked up a stink when Brent Burns(notes) wore former North Stars great Bill Goldsworthy's No. 8 for the Wild, because it would have been patently stupid to do so.
Fortunately, hockey fans will be reminded of who the Jets were 82 times this season (and only that many). No amount sellout crowds of 15,004, tearful prose or denying the team's past will change the fact that the on-ice product is going to the same as it was last year and the year before and every other season before that since 1999: ugly.

Old
09-25-2011, 09:48 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I read the article on Yahoo. I'm going to continue to represent with a Thrasher avatar for this year until I grow weary of hockey all together. For me, the interest is already waning and I'm about at the "I couldn't care less" stage again.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:01 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
I read the article on Yahoo. I'm going to continue to represent with a Thrasher avatar for this year until I grow weary of hockey all together. For me, the interest is already waning and I'm about at the "I couldn't care less" stage again.
I would be in this boat if it wasn't for a NHL team only 4 hours north. Having a new team which will broadcast 40 games locally, is in a different conference, and a great history and fans makes this crappy transition a million times easier.

I totally agree with the article, but it's no news to me. ASG were crooks and hated owning the team. No question. I don't blame TNSE for taking the team, but I could tell their intentions once everyone was getting canned and all hockey operations seemed to revolve around the former Moose and Manitoba itself. Heck, they even incorporated their own name into the new logo.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:16 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I would be in this boat if it wasn't for a NHL team only 4 hours north. Having a new team which will broadcast 40 games locally, is in a different conference, and a great history and fans makes this crappy transition a million times easier.

I totally agree with the article, but it's no news to me. ASG were crooks and hated owning the team. No question. I don't blame TNSE for taking the team, but I could tell their intentions once everyone was getting canned and all hockey operations seemed to revolve around the former Moose and Manitoba itself. Heck, they even incorporated their own name into the new logo.
...Which is going to be interesting to see how it's dealt with when TNSE sells the team eventually

Old
09-25-2011, 10:20 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I look forward to the Jests being a part of the west. I hate them with an irrational passion like I do the Wings

Old
09-25-2011, 10:28 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I look forward to the Jests being a part of the west. I hate them with an irrational passion like I do the Wings
unless of course WE are the team that ends up going east....

Old
09-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
unless of course WE are the team that ends up going east....
Not happening, it's more than likely the jackets, imo

Closed Thread