HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
I was absolutely appalled by some of the comments from CBC.

There's no need for that.
Definitely no need for it. Especially considering they were wrong with every single statement.

Karma is a wheel, and it's going to run each and every one of those people over. No need for me to be upset with them, because they'll get theirs in the end. Commentators and disrespectful fans alike.

Old
10-09-2011, 11:44 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Definitely no need for it. Especially considering they were wrong with every single statement.

Karma is a wheel, and it's going to run each and every one of those people over. No need for me to be upset with them, because they'll get theirs in the end. Commentators and disrespectful fans alike.
Thrasher fans would be wise to just drop the Jets because they'll likely keep hearing that kind of stuff throughout the season. Just forget that team while cherishing the memories you have when they were in Atlanta and find a new team to follow.

Old
10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Thrasher fans would be wise to just drop the Jets because they'll likely keep hearing that kind of stuff throughout the season. Just forget that team while cherishing the memories you have when they were in Atlanta and find a new team to follow.
It's easier down the road a little bit...not only as time goes on, but as the former players start to move on to other teams as well.

- Signed, a Cleveland Browns fan who's been there before

Old
10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Sunshine36616

I was out walking the dog and missed the comments. I couldn't figure out what my friends were flipping out over, then I heard them. Healey = tool.

On a happier note, this southern hockey fan who has no idea of what's going on in a game will be coming up this weekend for the Devils game! I'll be there with my signs professing my undying to devotion to Johan Hedberg, but after warm ups, it's all Preds! Considering getting one of the white jerseys, I really wanted the 3rd blue one though.

Old
10-10-2011, 04:59 AM
kevinqx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
I was so damn pissed when they said this. It's so ridiculous considering that at Phillips our fans regularly did chants taunting the opposing goalie. I officially hate everything that has to do with the Winnipeg Jets. Not like I almost didn't already. I'd also like to add this is exactly why I chose to become a Preds fan instead of following the team to Canada.

I feel like I wanna go up there and Canadian Bacon those mothers, John Candy style!
Yeah, me too to some extent. Saw the snarky comments coming a mile away, didn't want to deal with them each game.

I just think they should be happy they have a team. I don't see the point of rubbing salt in the wounds of the fans they stole it from, after all, they have to know that at least some Atlantans are still following the team and watching their broadcast.

Last edited by kevinqx: 10-10-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old
10-10-2011, 06:49 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Burnside has a video up on ESPN's main page where he interviews some dumb **** from Esquire about the game. He says he has no pity for the "24 Thrashers fans". It's coming from all directions.

Old
10-10-2011, 08:53 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Burnside has a video up on ESPN's main page where he interviews some dumb **** from Esquire about the game. He says he has no pity for the "24 Thrashers fans". It's coming from all directions.
I watched it last night. Thought about posting it, but thought to myself "why bother?" It's Burnside and some hack from Toronto. The question posed at the top of the page wasn't even answered in the video.

Like I said, Karma is a wheel. I have no time to be mad. Karma will take care of everything for me.

Old
10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Bongo

Exactly why I didn't watch the game. I hope the team does well and it love the irony that the lowly Atlanta Thrashers are now the darlings of the Canadian media. What's done is done and it's time to move on.

One reason i was in such a good mood was because of the Carolina and Nashville games Friday and Saturday night. Along with losing our team we no longer have to endure the sub-standard SportSouth broadcasts of Thrasher games. This even makes up for losing the NHL network earlier in the week.

Old
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Exactly why I didn't watch the game. I hope the team does well and it love the irony that the lowly Atlanta Thrashers are now the darlings of the Canadian media. What's done is done and it's time to move on.

One reason i was in such a good mood was because of the Carolina and Nashville games Friday and Saturday night. Along with losing our team we no longer have to endure the sub-standard SportSouth broadcasts of Thrasher games. This even makes up for losing the NHL network earlier in the week.
I agree...It's just a kick in the groin to see those owners get off squeaky clean in the media while the fans get crapped on further.

Old
10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Bongo

F@#k 'em. We know the truth and that's all that maters.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well then the 24 fans of Thrashers can join the 76 Preds fans and we can make a 100.

**** them all, win the cup.

Old
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

I watched the Canes-Devils game this afternoon. Sure do miss seeing Kovalchuk do his thing. The guy had a goal and two assists.

Old
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
SilverRiver89

I think I'm going to call Bettman's show on Thursday (well, no games before then so next week) about the blackouts if it's still a problem then.

According to the official Preds twitter, we're supposed to be able to watch the non-local games on Center Ice/GCL.

And apparently it's been fixed:
Quote:
@Tekneek -- sorry about that; there was a snafu this weekend. We've been addressing it today & were told it has been resolved.
Guess we can check with Sabres@Canes and Devils@Preds.

Last edited by SilverRiver89: 10-10-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
It sucks, but I'm not even surprised anymore.

I haven't been able to watch a full game yet.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
there is the first problem right there

Old
10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'm in a bit of a quandary. i'm going to the devils v preds game saturday along with a contingent of devils fans. the devils are my new team, obviously, but i don't have any devils gear yet. would it be weird to wear a thrashers jersey to nashville to root for the devils? or should i just wear something red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I watched the Canes-Devils game this afternoon. Sure do miss seeing Kovalchuk do his thing. The guy had a goal and two assists.
funny, most of us think he had a bad game today

Old
10-10-2011, 05:44 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i'm in a bit of a quandary. i'm going to the devils v preds game saturday along with a contingent of devils fans. the devils are my new team, obviously, but i don't have any devils gear yet. would it be weird to wear a thrashers jersey to nashville to root for the devils? or should i just wear something red?

It's just too bad that the team he was a part of when ATL made its only playoff appearance began to be dismantled after that. Not to mention I think firing Hartley only 7 games in was pre-mature. Kovy and Hossa probably could have done great things if they had been given the right supporting cast.

Old
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:

He was pretty lackluster today. He was "floatier" than he has been recently.

If you have a Kovy, Boults, or Hedberg jersey then wear it. If not, I'm not sure..... I always think it's weird when people would wear a jersey of a team that's not playing.

Old
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Normally i'd agree, but i think Thrashers jerseys now qualify as "Vintage," which seems to be okay

Old
10-11-2011, 01:08 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Normally i'd agree, but i think Thrashers jerseys now qualify as "Vintage," which seems to be okay
If the Quebecois can wear their Nordiques sweaters everywhere, and the Jets fanatics were wearing their sweaters everywhere... then I don't see why we can't sport our Thrashers sweaters in every NHL city.

We might need to assemble a group of us to visit a random NHL city this winter, sporting our Thrashers gear, much like the Nordiques fans did when ATL played NYI last year.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
We might need to assemble a group of us to visit a random NHL city this winter, sporting our Thrashers gear, much like the Nordiques fans did when ATL played NYI last year.
That would be really cool if you ask me. Just hopefully the media wouldn't poke you in the ribs with the stupid "well looks like every Thrasher fan is here" garbage.

Old
10-11-2011, 02:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Is there actually a "contingent" of devils fans in atlanta? I figured you were just playing along with the whole fan draft thing y'all did.

Old
10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Is there actually a "contingent" of devils fans in atlanta? I figured you were just playing along with the whole fan draft thing y'all did.
There is a contingent of a lot of different teams here. Depending on the team, home games were often home games for the opposing teams. Pittsburgh games might as well have been played at the Igloo.

I've been a fan of the Devils for a few seasons. I'll be on their end for warm ups so I can see Hedberg and Boulton, but I'll be wearing my Preds jersey and pulling for the Preds to win.

Old
10-11-2011, 09:47 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I
"Random" NHL city will be a huge challenge, but the easiest/best way is the March 24th game against the Peg in Nashville. I'll be there fo sho!

Old
10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
"Random" NHL city will be a huge challenge, but the easiest/best way is the March 24th game against the Peg in Nashville. I'll be there fo sho!

I'll be there (from atlanta) but wearing a preds jersey and hoping for a 10-0 preds win.

Closed Thread