HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
i'll be in attendance tonight, wearing a devils shirt but buying one for my other favorite team as well.

Old
10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'm still so confused by what i witnessed last night...it was...i don't even know...a team caring about their FANS?!

oh i'll certainly be back.

Old
10-16-2011, 12:26 PM
predatorsfan2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i'm still so confused by what i witnessed last night...it was...i don't even know...a team caring about their FANS?!

Glad to see you enjoyed your time in Smashville!

Old
10-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post

Glad to hear that! And glad you saw that was the case. I thought they did, but worried that maybe it was just me caring so much about them, you know?

Old
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Juneemoon

PJFoleyExaminer P. Foley

Good news for former #Thrashers fans. I was told by @NHL today that #Canes and #Preds blackouts have been lifted on Center Ice in GA.

Old
10-21-2011, 04:15 PM
The Hobgoblin

Can I just say how much it makes me laugh to see all the angst with Winnipeg fans realizing what a lemon team they got handed? If there's anything pleasure to be had from being old enough Atlanta hockey fan to live with two teams being stolen it is watching these people realize with mounting horror just how terrible the Thrashers are. Now if only they had over a decade of that to deal with they might realize what Atlanta fans had to put up with.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
Can I just say how much it makes me laugh to see all the angst with Winnipeg fans realizing what a lemon team they got handed? If there's anything pleasure to be had from being old enough Atlanta hockey fan to live with two teams being stolen it is watching these people realize with mounting horror just how terrible the Thrashers are. Now if only they had over a decade of that to deal with they might realize what Atlanta fans had to put up with.
Seeing their lack of knowledge about the team (and in some cases, lack of general hockey knowledge) and their extreme over-reactions to anything negative, they would implode a long long time before that.

Like you, I'm old enough (barely) to remember losing the Flames. We know the value of patience and how to deal with the loss of our teams; better than everyone else, unfortunately.
At least in this place, I've seen extremely little evidence the Winnipeg fans have patience or can deal with loss.

We've got more of a reason to be bitter than they do, but I'm hoping that the collective of us can do it with as much class as possible. That's a work-in-progress of course, but with a little time, I think that we'll do just fine.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Bongo

You can't compare the Flames to the Thrash. The only thing they shared was the same home town. Before the Braves success in the 90's, The Flames had the highest winning percentage of any of Atlanta's pro teams. The Thrashers situation here was nothing more than two bit con job and they're somebody else's problem now.

Those folks in Winnipeg aren't stupid. Check out the "1st Line" thread on their board. It didn't take them two weeks to figure things out.

Old
10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
You can't compare the Flames to the Thrash. The only thing they shared was the same home town. Before the Braves success in the 90's, The Flames had the highest winning percentage of any of Atlanta's pro teams. The Thrashers situation here was nothing more than two bit con job and they're somebody else's problem now.

Those folks in Winnipeg aren't stupid. Check out the "1st Line" thread on their board. It didn't take them two weeks to figure things out.
I'm looking at the entire body of their work, not just one thread (especially since many of us said the same thing a long time ago, but they were too proud/elitist to listen to us).
Stupid may not be the perfect word for their attitude, but we sure as hell can't label them intelligent at this point. A lot of them wanted to trade Enstrom first.

And you can compare the two a little bit. The NHL didn't lift a finger to keep either franchise in town. Totally different situations sure, but the league let both go away without any fight.

Last edited by TMI: 10-31-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Cleaning a bit
Old
10-30-2011, 10:21 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Bad day for college hockey and hockey in the south- UAH's program is no longer varsity.

Old
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
Bad day for college hockey and hockey in the south- UAH's program is no longer varsity.
I read that, that totally SUCKS! I'm from Alabama originally and was really proud to have that honor. I was hoping to see them this season.

On another topic, I went to Nashville this weekend and had an absolute blast. Couldn't have asked for a better game! This was my costume:

Old
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I read that, that totally SUCKS! I'm from Alabama originally and was really proud to have that honor. I was hoping to see them this season.

On another topic, I went to Nashville this weekend and had an absolute blast. Couldn't have asked for a better game! This was my costume:
I saw a girl wearing a Thrashers jersey near me (section 118) and I thought it might have been you, but no it was not.

If you haven't figured out, the Ducks and the Preds are starting to build up a rivalry. Saturday night was a blast.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
Quote:

I think you received a quick cameo on Anaheim TV. This looks familiar.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
GreenHornet

Quote:
So, does that take effect immediately, or do they get one last season as a varsity program?

Old
11-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I saw a girl wearing a Thrashers jersey near me (section 118) and I thought it might have been you, but no it was not.

If you haven't figured out, the Ducks and the Preds are starting to build up a rivalry. Saturday night was a blast.
Yes, it was awesome! Loved booing Perry every time he took a penalty. One of my friends that was with me was a Ducks fan and I took great pleasure in pointing to HIM during the "YOU SUCK" part of the goal songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I think you received a quick cameo on Anaheim TV. This looks familiar.
I think you are right. One of my friends said they saw me on tv. Wish I had recorded it!

Old
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:

Best. Costume. Ever.

Glad you had fun!

Old
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Bongo

Did anybody catch the Preds/Yotes game last night? The crowd looked depressingly familiar. Knowing what we know now, if you lived in Phoenix would you support the team?

Old
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Did anybody catch the Preds/Yotes game last night? The crowd looked depressingly familiar. Knowing what we know now, if you lived in Phoenix would you support the team?
Truthfully the only time I saw Atlanta on tv was when the Preds played them. Phoenix looked like an abyss last night. Very very low turnout. It's a shame they built an arena in the suburbs instead of downtown.

Old
11-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Bongo

Funny thing is, a lot of people thought part of the Thrashers problems were because the arena was downtown. That didn't seen to be a factor with the other two pro hockey teams that played in the same space.

When you watched the Preds/Thrash did the crowd look like last night's in Phoenix?

Old
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

I really hope the Coyotes get it together, but something needs to happen for them and fast.

I'm a bit late, but I'm bummed out about UAH losing varsity status. There's now no Div 1 hockey program south of the Mason Dixon.

Maybe the USHL might expand and add teams here and Nashville but that really puts a wrench in what's left of the youth hockey scene. Jan Kaminsky was born in Georgia and plays in the OHL but I doubt we're going to get further Kaminsky's and Vinny Saponari's.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Funny thing is, a lot of people thought part of the Thrashers problems were because the arena was downtown. That didn't seen to be a factor with the other two pro hockey teams that played in the same space.

When you watched the Preds/Thrash did the crowd look like last night's in Phoenix?
Maybe not quite that bad. Now that I think about it, I did catch some replays and yes, Atlanta didn't look very promising from the tube. I fondly remember my cousin one night saying, that place is empty (atlanta). He couldn't believe it. Neither could I really.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I really hope the Coyotes get it together, but something needs to happen for them and fast.

I'm a bit late, but I'm bummed out about UAH losing varsity status. There's now no Div 1 hockey program south of the Mason Dixon.

Maybe the USHL might expand and add teams here and Nashville but that really puts a wrench in what's left of the youth hockey scene. Jan Kaminsky was born in Georgia and plays in the OHL but I doubt we're going to get further Kaminsky's and Vinny Saponari's.
Apparently hope isn't lost just yet. http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/11/...ential_to.html

Old
11-04-2011, 11:08 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Warning to fans in Atlanta, the following material may create feelings of anger,rage and any other sort of emotion that makes you want to punch the ASG.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...o-1217751.html

Old
11-04-2011, 11:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Warning to fans in Atlanta, the following material may create feelings of anger,rage and any other sort of emotion that makes you want to punch the ASG.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...o-1217751.html
don't they want to do that already?

Old
11-04-2011, 11:58 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
don't they want to do that already?

Yes we do. This just makes it worse.

Closed Thread