HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Well, you're welcome here. I know it's tough...not only are you losing your team, you're losing your community. It was the thing I feared most when the Preds dealt with all that mess.

Old
06-04-2011, 06:53 PM
kevinqx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
We are certainly getting swept off the Thrashers board quickly, aren't we?
Since the sale went through I haven't stepped onto the Thrashers' board, but couldn't help but take a peek today. It's actually pretty disgusting. They are getting our hockey team, is that not enough? Do they really need to gloat too?

At least it's honest though. All the hollow apologies coming from fans who were "extremely excited" the Thrashers were moving to Winnipeg were the worst.

Old
06-05-2011, 12:24 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Yeah...It's even crossed my mind to go ahead and ask the admins to go ahead and step in on the modding, per agreement by BTN and Shameus...

I really thought I was going to try to follow the team, but I just don't see that happening wit how obnoxious the fans have become.

I really thought in the beginning that there's no way I could turn my back on these guys since I've been through so much as a fan with them. Now I find myself really not giving a damn....Especially with Winnipeg's dismissal of Dudley. I understand TNSE wants to put their stamp on the team, but I think 80% of NHL fans would agree that TNSE not keeping Dudley is just stupid. Especially this close to the draft.

I'm over it. Go Preds!

Old
06-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

same as kevin...i want little and enstrom to leave so i don't have to feel so attached. never really got as in love with kane and byfuglien so oh well.

the fans acting like they know as much as the atlanta fans, and the ridiculous things they want to do with the team. acting like byfugien and kane are demi-gods and leaving enstrom and little out to dry. kinda proof they don't know what they're talking about.

please draft me

Old
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Yeah...It's even crossed my mind to go ahead and ask the admins to go ahead and step in on the modding, per agreement by BTN and Shameus...

I really thought I was going to try to follow the team, but I just don't see that happening wit how obnoxious the fans have become.

I really thought in the beginning that there's no way I could turn my back on these guys since I've been through so much as a fan with them. Now I find myself really not giving a damn....Especially with Winnipeg's dismissal of Dudley. I understand TNSE wants to put their stamp on the team, but I think 80% of NHL fans would agree that TNSE not keeping Dudley is just stupid. Especially this close to the draft.

I'm over it. Go Preds!
Shouldn't you photoshop your picture to read Nashville instead of Miami?

Sucks to see how some of the fans have become in the last few days.

Old
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Y'all remember the Disney Mighty Ducks cartoon, where everyone played hockey and they skated everywhere? That's kinda what they're trying to portray Winnipeg is like...

Personally, I don't feel like Athletes should be treated like gods. They're adults who get paid to play a game. It's not like they're doing something every day vital to survival.

Old
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Y'all remember the Disney Mighty Ducks cartoon, where everyone played hockey and they skated everywhere? That's kinda what they're trying to portray Winnipeg is like...

Personally, I don't feel like Athletes should be treated like gods. They're adults who get paid to play a game. It's not like they're doing something every day vital to survival.
Ah, but "Hockey is Life. Life is Hockey!"

Old
06-05-2011, 09:13 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

For the ATL fans I have been chatting with a few of the sales staff of the Preds, they are awesome. Two I know are Curry and Dan. Here are their contacts.

615-770-2115 or dschaefer@nashvillepredators.com

615-770-2328 or cmckeel@nashvillepredators.com

Old
06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Juneemoon

Quote:

Everybody, including the players are excited right now, and truthfully, who can blame them? This is still the Atlanta "Five Game Losing Streak" Thrashers. Let's see how things are for the players about February when it's 20 below, they're at the bottom of the divison and there's a blog called "What I Found in Evander Kane's Trash Can this Morning"

Old
06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Okay, now I'm 5000% certain I don't want anything to do with Winnipeg. Their fans are way too serious about a frickin game. I just love the thought of when I see people have responded to a thread I post in, going in with the thought of "This is where I find out how dumb I aM!"

Old
06-07-2011, 12:29 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
same as kevin...i want little and enstrom to leave so i don't have to feel so attached. never really got as in love with kane and byfuglien so oh well.

the fans acting like they know as much as the atlanta fans, and the ridiculous things they want to do with the team. acting like byfugien and kane are demi-gods and leaving enstrom and little out to dry. kinda proof they don't know what they're talking about.

please draft me
If you get drafted by another team, just defect to us.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:50 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Hey guys, just wanted to thank all of you for putting your hand out in support as we lost our team for no reason. I've always loved the South and Southerners in general... Atlanta has been my home for as long as I've been alive.

If we have to lose our team (which I will truthfully never get over) it makes me feel good to know that at least you guys and Raleigh still have yours. I want to see hockey grow and grow and grow until everyone knows how great it is to watch and play.

Thanks again for thinking of us and just keep being yourselves, I'll see you guys when the Thrashjets roll into town.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
thomas magnum

It's good to see that some of the other Thrashers fans are feeling the same way as I do about the Winnipeggers taking over the boards. I used to frequent the official boards a lot more and mostly lurked over here but I've been here a lot more recently because the quality of hockey talk is MUCH better over here. But now on both boards the Winnipeggers are taking control and it's sickening to me. I realize its going to happen but I wish that they would just wait until the forum changes names or at least until the BOG vote is final.

All I know is, I'm already excited about starting to support the Preds and I'm seriously considering going ahead and making a call about tickets for opening night. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do (much like others have said) but I assumed I might kinda follow the boys up to Winnipeg but now I just don't feel like I can do it. It's gonna suck not to watch Enstrom or Buff. Or to see Kane mature into the great power forward that I know he is going to be. I just feel like I don't know that I can hang on with the Winnipeggers and start reading the **** they are writing about getting a team and all the ridiculous posts that are coming along with it.

Sorry for the rant.

Where can a guy get a nice Preds hat? I'm already getting sick of having 10 conversations a day about "why the Thrashers left" on the street with random people who have no idea or even care why. I wear a hat almost every day and I need a new one.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Where can a guy get a nice Preds hat? I'm already getting sick of having 10 conversations a day about "why the Thrashers left" on the street with random people who have no idea or even care why. I wear a hat almost every day and I need a new one.
Everything is 30% off in the pro shop this week, but that probably isnt worth the time or gas money for you

Old
06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Everything is 30% off in the pro shop this week, but that probably isnt worth the time or gas money for you
Yeahhhhhh probably not...haha

I've kinda got my eye on one of those Admiral hats. Those things are slick. Love the logo. It's so cartoonish and weird.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Welcome cws!

Glad to have you on-board

Old
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Welcome to the fold! We look forward to the Rookie Dinner...you're paying, right?

Old
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Viqsi Sports Group Profile
cws
Profile: http://hfboards.com/member.php?u=4605
Member since 20 August 2002 (9 seasons). 0.46 ppd. US resident.
Reporting Preferences: Boston, Nashville, Colorado, Minnesota, Columbus, Carolina, Florida
Other Information Sources:
· Self-evaluation in Draft discussion:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...2&postcount=75
Strengths:
· Proven HFBoards veteran; posts rarely but effectively
· Main boards participant, including Business Of Hockey
Weaknesses:
· Very low PPD; with this ability you’d expect better production
Overall Assessment:
Quality veteran poster who’ll score timely points and help an already strong board keep an even keel.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Welcome CWS! glad to have ya here

Old
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Will CWS now stand for Colin Wilson Supporter?

Old
06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
cws
...in the drink

Sweetness! Back to my old stomping ground. Very glad to be on board.

It will be strange to be part of an organization that actually cares about its fans, but I think that transition will be might easy!
And the occasionaly road trip is a must (haven't had a chicken philly from Dalton's in so long, going through withdrawls).

Promise to give as much as I get. Not a southerner by birth, but I've learned the ways of southern sarcasm well (nothing more biting since it takes them so long to actually realize what's hit them).

Let's do this!

Old
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Sweetness! Back to my old stomping ground. Very glad to be on board.

It will be strange to be part of an organization that actually cares about its fans, but I think that transition will be might easy!
And the occasionaly road trip is a must (haven't had a chicken philly from Dalton's in so long, going through withdrawls).

Promise to give as much as I get. Not a southerner by birth, but I've learned the ways of southern sarcasm well (nothing more biting since it takes them so long to actually realize what's hit them).

Let's do this!
I like you already.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Welcome.

Old
06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
cws
...in the drink

This avy should work, unless you guys and gals want to gift me with another.

After all this, it really is good to know there are others ready and willing to take us orphaned fans in.
I shan't disappoint.

And just FYI, a good bottle of scotch will work as a signing bonus. Gotta play to my strengths

Old
06-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
This avy should work, unless you guys and gals want to gift me with another.

After all this, it really is good to know there are others ready and willing to take us orphaned fans in.
I shan't disappoint.

And just FYI, a good bottle of scotch will work as a signing bonus. Gotta play to my strengths
FYI: There's a "Nashville Predators: Franchise Analysis" Thread made spefically for catching new fans up with the state of the Preds. Feel free to read up on where we stand.

Closed Thread