HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers Prospects and Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Slash, then he jumps him to boot while he is down. I have a feeling I am really going to like this kid. If he can get people off their game and all they want to do is kill him that is really saying something about his "Intangibles" He is 18 and their first line center! He has some mad skills to.
He certainly seems to have ticked off the Knights.

Well, if Cousins can continue to inspire CharlieGirl's hatred, like Downie, Carcillo and Rinaldo before him, we're looking at a sure fire prospect even if she's not happy.

Looking forward to seeing if he plays vs. the Russians tonight....

Old
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
He certainly seems to have ticked off the Knights.

Well, if Cousins can continue to inspire CharlieGirl's hatred, like Downie, Carcillo and Rinaldo before him, we're looking at a sure fire prospect even if she's not happy.

Looking forward to seeing if he plays vs. the Russians tonight....
I'm so glad I can be your measuring stick. a) you're way the **** off on Downie, b) what exactly did Carcillo do to impress anyone? and c) Rinaldo is already getting penalties due to rep. How effective he'll be will depend on him. I've defended him far more than I ever cared to. But please carry on with your ********. It's so fitting.

As for Cousins, he will be playing tonight. I'd like to bet Hockey Canada will be watching him very closely. He's a very good player, but if he pushes it too far, he's going to hurt his team (sort of like what he did this weekend, after his team lost two important divisional game games 8-0 each).

Old
11-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm so glad I can be your measuring stick. a) you're way the **** off on Downie, b) what exactly did Carcillo do to impress anyone? and c) Rinaldo is already getting penalties due to rep. How effective he'll be will depend on him. I've defended him far more than I ever cared to. But please carry on with your ********. It's so fitting.

As for Cousins, he will be playing tonight. I'd like to bet Hockey Canada will be watching him very closely. He's a very good player, but if he pushes it too far, he's going to hurt his team (sort of like what he did this weekend, after his team lost two important divisional game games 8-0 each).
He was responsible for his team dressing only 13 and 15 skaters for those two games?

Old
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Puck View Post
He was responsible for his team dressing only 13 and 15 skaters for those two games?
If Cousins had done what every other player does at the final buzzer, and skated to his goalie, would his team have to play shorthanded this weekend?

Old
11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

Quote:
If Cousins had done what every other player does at the final buzzer, and skated to his goalie, would his team have to play shorthanded this weekend?
Yes. He didn't take all of the missing guys out of the line-up?

Old
11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Yes. He didn't take all of the missing guys out of the line-up?
Let me try this again. If he had skated to his goalie at the final buzzer, would his team have gotten into a brawl, resulting in 4 members suspended for 2 games?

So yes, in a way he was responsible for missing guys out of the lineup.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Chuck Downie
(New Coach Sucks)

Quote:
Let me try this again. If he had skated to his goalie at the final buzzer, would his team have gotten into a brawl, resulting in 4 members suspended for 2 games?

So yes, in a way he was responsible for missing guys out of the lineup.
Here, I'll try it again too. How is he responsible for the actions of the other players? Vilifying is the name of the game with you, eh?

Old
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Here, I'll try it again too. How is he responsible for the actions of the other players? Vilifying is the name of the game with you, eh?
So you'd prefer that his teammates stood by and didn't stick up for their teammate (regardless of his actions)? Okay then.

I think we're done here. Or at least I am.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
They're his teammates. When **** hits the fan, they're kinda obligated to do something. And that something doesn't include standing around, singing kumbaya.

Old
11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Charlie, or anyone who gets to watch Cousins play, does he bring a physical game at all? I see he doesn't really drop the gloves... does he throw many hits or just strictly yap?

Old
11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
Charlie, or anyone who gets to watch Cousins play, does he bring a physical game at all? I see he doesn't really drop the gloves... does he throw many hits or just strictly yap?
He is a physical player. He's not a punishing hitter or anything, but he isn't afraid of getting his nose dirty. I certainly like what Cousins brings to the table. As others have pointed out, he's a pain to play against, but you like guys like Cousins on your team. He's not dirty either, but I think that might change after the mugging he took against London on Friday night.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
He is a physical player. He's not a punishing hitter or anything, but he isn't afraid of getting his nose dirty. I certainly like what Cousins brings to the table. As others have pointed out, he's a pain to play against, but you like guys like Cousins on your team. He's not dirty either, but I think that might change after the mugging he took against London on Friday night.
Hoping to find a working stream of his game tonight vs Russia, interested in seeing this kid play.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

Thomas Hyka is gaining some notoriety. CSS ranks him in the top ten for QMJHL skaters.

Quote:
Name Team Position
1. Mikhail Grigorenko Quebec C
2. Martin Frk Halifax RW
3. Raphael Bussieres Baie-Comeau LW
4. Francis Beauvillier Rimouski LW
5. Charles Hudon Chicoutimi LW
6. Justin Hache Shawinigan D
7. Christophe Lalancette Acadie-Bathurst RW
8. James Melindy Moncton D
9. Taylor Burke Gatineau C
10. Tomas Hyka Gatineau RW
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

Old
11-17-2011, 11:45 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Thomas Hyka is gaining some notoriety. CSS ranks him in the top ten for QMJHL skaters.

Which means one of two things. We HAVE to burn a pick to get him or someone else will take him.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:50 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
here is hoping Cousins learns to drop the gloves. instead of acting like a dick and then hiding behind his teammates. Kid is reminding me of Nathan Gerbe.
but dont worry he will be will another player where we can say. "the refs are out to get us" We havent heard much of that lately

Old
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Which means one of two things. We HAVE to burn a pick to get him or someone else will take him.
I wouldnt mind throwing a mid-round pick on him. He should be there in the 4th ish.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post

being ranked 10th in the Q, isn't that high overall. That probably works out to about the 3rd round in the overall rankings. I wouldnt waste anything higher than a 3rd on him.

Just because he looked good in the pre-season doesnt mean we should bend over to get him

Old
11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
being ranked 10th in the Q, isn't that high overall. That probably works out to about the 3rd round in the overall rankings. I wouldnt waste anything higher than a 3rd on him.

Just because he looked good in the pre-season doesnt mean we should bend over to get him
True, we should not be bending over backwards for Hyka. I thought people overrated his play this preseason and were way too quick to overhype him, but he was still easily good enough to warrant a place within this organization.

1st
(2nd*) -from FLA
2nd -from LA
3rd
3rd -from FLA
4th
5th
7th

PHI 2nd round pick was sent to TBL for Meszaros.
PHI 6th round pick was sent to LAK with Legein for future considerations.

*FLA gives PHI SJS's 3rd in 2012 as well as their own 2nd in either 2012 or 2013.

I feel like that 4th rounder fits in very nicely for a possible Hyka selection. If his stock continues to rise though, one of those 3rds would not be out of the question.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Honestly though, we saw that he isnt completely useless in his first rookie/preseason camp. Yea, it could have been a flue but him and Couturier were the only 18 yr olds on the team (or 19/20) who played in a preseason game and honestly he looked good (only other under 20 player who came close to playing in a preseason game was Noebels according to beat people). I wouldnt crown him a savior obviously, but I dont think picking him in the 4th round would be a bad idea.

Now that we say this though, I can easily see the Flyers passing on him and him dropping to the 5/6th round to someone like the Wild. (The Flyers instead take a 18/19 yr old defender who had 15 points in the WHL but had alot of penalty minutes)

Old
11-17-2011, 01:19 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Honestly though, we saw that he isnt completely useless in his first rookie/preseason camp. Yea, it could have been a flue but him and Couturier were the only 18 yr olds on the team (or 19/20) who played in a preseason game and honestly he looked good (only other under 20 player who came close to playing in a preseason game was Noebels according to beat people). I wouldnt crown him a savior obviously, but I dont think picking him in the 4th round would be a bad idea.

Now that we say this though, I can easily see the Flyers passing on him and him dropping to the 5/6th round to someone like the Wild. (The Flyers instead take a 18/19 yr old defender who had 15 points in the WHL but had alot of penalty minutes)
Well, the ideal scenario is that Florida forfeits their 2nd rounder to us this year. (Though that's not likely.)

It's a defense heavy draft, and being able to throw a 1st, a high 2nd, and another 2nd at the defensive problem is an ideal scenario.

And I want to point out that the Flyers pick "BPA" but not the way that people think. BPA is a relative term, and if we need defensemen, BPA is the player that the organization feels will help the organization the most in the future.

So yeah, going after a number of defensemen high in this draft is not out of the question.

That leaves 3rds and 4ths and 5ths to play with. Hyka is as good an option as any if not better considering where our prospect pool stands offensively.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:38 PM
thelos
Bunk

2 2nds and 2 3rds? dont expect them to exist after the deadline

Old
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Well, the ideal scenario is that Florida forfeits their 2nd rounder to us this year. (Though that's not likely.)

It's a defense heavy draft, and being able to throw a 1st, a high 2nd, and another 2nd at the defensive problem is an ideal scenario.

And I want to point out that the Flyers pick "BPA" but not the way that people think. BPA is a relative term, and if we need defensemen, BPA is the player that the organization feels will help the organization the most in the future.

So yeah, going after a number of defensemen high in this draft is not out of the question.

That leaves 3rds and 4ths and 5ths to play with. Hyka is as good an option as any if not better considering where our prospect pool stands offensively.
My only worry about that is the last Flyers defenseman that was developed within the system was Chris Therrien. Marshall looks like he's going to bust, Bourdon can't stay healthy, nobody knows what to expect from Kessel and Lehtivuori flamed out.

I'm comfortable with BPA, no matter the position. Much like goaltending, the Flyers need to address why no defenseman can develop within the system.

Old
11-17-2011, 02:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
My only worry about that is the last Flyers defenseman that was developed within the system was Chris Therrien. Marshall looks like he's going to bust, Bourdon can't stay healthy, nobody knows what to expect from Kessel and Lehtivuori flamed out.

I'm comfortable with BPA, no matter the position. Much like goaltending, the Flyers need to address why no defenseman can develop within the system.
8th Round - Regan Kelly
1st Round - Jeff Woywitka - mediocre NHLer
5th Round - Jussi Timonen
6th Round - Denis Seidenberg - decent NHLer
7th Round - Thierry Douville
7th Round - David Printz
1st Round - Joni Pitkanen - very good NHLer
4th Round - Rosario Ruggeri
6th Round - Nikita Korovkin
6th Round - Joey Mormina
3rd Round - Alexandre Picard - mediocre/fringe NHLer
4th Round - R.J. Anderson
4th Round - Chris Zarb
8th Round - Travis Gawryletz
3rd Round - Oskars Bartulis - fringe NHLer
6th Round - John Flatters
2nd Round - Mike Ratchuk - could not play defense and was too soft
2nd Round - Denis Bodrov - looked good until he became KHL cancer
4th Round - Joonas Lehtivuori - looked great until his breakdown
2nd Round - Kevin Marshall - still has not learned to handle a puck
1st Round - Luca Sbisa - decent NHLer with potential for more
3rd Round - Marc-Andre Bourdon - offensively ability without the skating to use it
3rd Round - Simon Bertilsson - injury prone
7th Round - Oliver Lauridsen - big but cannot skate well enough
6th Round - Nick Luukko - fairly average across the board though size is decent
7th Round - Ricard Blidstrand - has not demonstrated any well-rounded game
4th Round - Colin Suellentrop - ZERO offensive potential
OTHER
Ryan Parent - injuries destroyed his career
Eric Gustafsson - possibly decent NHLer
Blake Kessel - no defensive awareness despite great offensive ability
Brandon Manning - is missing in action

Old
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Psuhockey

The flyers don't have their 3rd pick this year as it went to Phoenix in t Bryzgalov trade. I hope they don't use a pick on Hyka at least until the late rounds. It seems that the best forward prospects in the system are under 6 ft (Wellwood, Akeson, Harry Z, Ranford, Read). If they continue to sign undrafted free agents, they too will probably be under 6 ft too, as most of the really good ones are it seems. I am not saying that they should take an inferior prospect over a better one due to size, but if there is some one bigger who is close, they Flyers should definitely lean toward the bigger player.

Old
11-17-2011, 02:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The flyers don't have their 3rd pick this year as it went to Phoenix in t Bryzgalov trade. I hope they don't use a pick on Hyka at least until the late rounds. It seems that the best forward prospects in the system are under 6 ft (Wellwood, Akeson, Harry Z, Ranford, Read). If they continue to sign undrafted free agents, they too will probably be under 6 ft too, as most of the really good ones are it seems. I am not saying that they should take an inferior prospect over a better one due to size, but if there is some one bigger who is close, they Flyers should definitely lean toward the bigger player.
Ah forgot about the Bryzgalov 3rd.

EDIT: Wait I thought that was 2011.

EDIT2: It was.

Last edited by CS: 11-17-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread