HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers Prospects and Phantoms Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The flyers don't have their 3rd pick this year as it went to Phoenix in t Bryzgalov trade. I hope they don't use a pick on Hyka at least until the late rounds. It seems that the best forward prospects in the system are under 6 ft (Wellwood, Akeson, Harry Z, Ranford, Read). If they continue to sign undrafted free agents, they too will probably be under 6 ft too, as most of the really good ones are it seems. I am not saying that they should take an inferior prospect over a better one due to size, but if there is some one bigger who is close, they Flyers should definitely lean toward the bigger player.
The third they sent i believe was pittsburghs from the Hamhuis' rights trade..
But i see them picking Hyka as early as the 3rd or 4th round if they liked him that much

Old
11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
8th Round - Regan Kelly
1st Round - Jeff Woywitka - mediocre NHLer
5th Round - Jussi Timonen
6th Round - Denis Seidenberg - decent NHLer
7th Round - Thierry Douville
7th Round - David Printz
1st Round - Joni Pitkanen - very good NHLer
4th Round - Rosario Ruggeri
6th Round - Nikita Korovkin
6th Round - Joey Mormina
3rd Round - Alexandre Picard - mediocre/fringe NHLer
4th Round - R.J. Anderson
4th Round - Chris Zarb
8th Round - Travis Gawryletz
3rd Round - Oskars Bartulis - fringe NHLer
6th Round - John Flatters
2nd Round - Mike Ratchuk - could not play defense and was too soft
2nd Round - Denis Bodrov - looked good until he became KHL cancer
4th Round - Joonas Lehtivuori - looked great until his breakdown
2nd Round - Kevin Marshall - still has not learned to handle a puck
1st Round - Luca Sbisa - decent NHLer with potential for more
3rd Round - Marc-Andre Bourdon - offensively ability without the skating to use it
3rd Round - Simon Bertilsson - injury prone
7th Round - Oliver Lauridsen - big but cannot skate well enough
6th Round - Nick Luukko - fairly average across the board though size is decent
7th Round - Ricard Blidstrand - has not demonstrated any well-rounded game
4th Round - Colin Suellentrop - ZERO offensive potential
OTHER
Ryan Parent - injuries destroyed his career
Eric Gustafsson - possibly decent NHLer
Blake Kessel - no defensive awareness despite great offensive ability
Brandon Manning - is missing in action
Jeff Woywitka, Dennis Seidenberg, Luca Sbisa weren't developed by the Flyers. Drafted yes, developed no. The only one that might be considered developed by the Flyers was Pitkanen. Even then, some might say that his game really took off once he got to Carolina.

So, out of the 31 defensemen drafted or signed as a free agent, only one really stands out as being developed by the Flyers and even then, there's question marks around that.

Sorry, but it's time for Flyers brass to address why defensemen just don't develop here.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:08 PM
orangey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Jeff Woywitka, Dennis Seidenberg, Luca Sbisa weren't developed by the Flyers. Drafted yes, developed no. The only one that might be considered developed by the Flyers was Pitkanen. Even then, some might say that his game really took off once he got to Carolina.

So, out of the 31 defensemen drafted or signed as a free agent, only one really stands out as being developed by the Flyers and even then, there's question marks around that.

Sorry, but it's time for Flyers brass to address why defensemen just don't develop here.
Does Coburn count for developed by the Flyers?

Old
11-17-2011, 04:12 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
The third they sent i believe was pittsburghs from the Hamhuis' rights trade..
But i see them picking Hyka as early as the 3rd or 4th round if they liked him that much
Flyers sent Parent + Conditional pick in 2011 to Nashville for Hamhuis.

Pittsburgh sent 3rd in 2011 to Philadelphia for Hamhuis negating the Conditional pick in 2011 to Nashville.

Philadelphia sent Clackson, future considerations, and Pittsburgh's 3rd in 2011 conditional upon Bryzgalov re-signing before the draft to Phoenix for Bryzgalov.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Psuhockey

It was one in 2011 and 2012. The one in 2011 was the conditional pick if he signed.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

I thought we had a 2nd from LA

Old
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Krishna

So many draft picks that we are losing track.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Krishna

Here's the current picks status

Old
11-17-2011, 09:16 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Putting players like Laurdisen that still have a chance at the NHL with the Flyers one day is a little odd...I'd like if they redrafted Hyka. I loved him during the pre-season.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:35 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

You guys can make fun of me all you want but I am getting really sad that there will never be a 3rd pairing of Marshall - Bourdon on the Flyers

Old
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
You guys can make fun of me all you want but I am getting really sad that there will never be a 3rd pairing of Marshall - Bourdon on the Flyers
Yeah, but there was never going to be. Bourdon was never really a prospect to play in the NHL unless his skating picked up. It didn't. If you can't turn at full speed, you can't play D in the NHL.

Old
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
The Marshall one hurts because the Flyers traded up for him in a year where they didn't have a 2nd round pick, and seems like he won't so much as even play an NHL game.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:15 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The Marshall one hurts because the Flyers traded up for him in a year where they didn't have a 2nd round pick, and seems like he won't so much as even play an NHL game.
...and took him a couple spots ahead of Subban

Old
11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Yeah, but he had all the hallmarks of a character checking D in the Danny Markov mold. Unfortunately, he's not big enough to be a strictly defensive D in the NHL and he doesn't move the puck/create offense well enough. Kind of like Kukkonen.

I was really hoping he'd be a player after seeing him in Jr., but it isn't looking promising.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I am not going to throw the towel in on him yet. But time is running out. It will be interesting to see what happens to him by season's end.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I keep forgetting he's only 22.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post

Its scouting they never draft the right dman always the one that has no upside.......

Old
11-19-2011, 12:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1040
Nov. 19: Brandon Manning's Twitter through the Twitter of Frank @ Daily News

Quote:
finally got clearance from the doc! off to glens falls tomo to join the phantoms..hopefully playing in a couple weeks

Old
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
...and took him a couple spots ahead of Subban
I was the one who was trying to not make it hurt as bad

Old
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Nov. 19: Brandon Manning's Twitter through the Twitter of Frank @ Daily News
Good news. They need some o from the back end. I thought kessel would provide some but he hasn't done too much so far

Old
11-20-2011, 06:01 PM
mirimon

Phantoms lost 3-5 against Bridgeport tonight. Two goals from Akeson and one by Lauridsen. Testwuide with three assists. Bourdon and Holmstrom was -3 on the night and neither is doing very well in that category over the season so far, for what it's worth. Hamel was a -3 tonight as well. Yesterday they beat Syracuse 5-2 however.

As a complete side note, I accidentally clicked on Abbotsford's season statistics and Krys Kolanos has 9 goals and 8 assists in just ten games (another former Flyer property, Jon Rheault, is second in scoring for them with the same amount of goals and assists but with 18 games played). Didn't Kolanos suffer a pretty severe injury when he was with the Phantoms? He didn't play last season at least. Pretty solid comeback so far. Maybe he'll even earn himself an NHL contract.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:17 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Phantoms lost 3-5 against Bridgeport tonight. Two goals from Akeson and one by Lauridsen. Testwuide with three assists. Bourdon and Holmstrom was -3 on the night and neither is doing very well in that category over the season so far, for what it's worth. Hamel was a -3 tonight as well. Yesterday they beat Syracuse 5-2 however.

As a complete side note, I accidentally clicked on Abbotsford's season statistics and Krys Kolanos has 9 goals and 8 assists in just ten games (another former Flyer property, Jon Rheault, is second in scoring for them with the same amount of goals and assists but with 18 games played). Didn't Kolanos suffer a pretty severe injury when he was with the Phantoms? He didn't play last season at least. Pretty solid comeback so far. Maybe he'll even earn himself an NHL contract.
glad to see that luke pither is still "scoring".

Old
11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

I know it is early, but I think Akeson is going to be a player @ the NHL level... his vision is special.

I also think Eric Wellwood has an NHL future ahead of him. I'm a little sorry we haven't moved Andreas No-Goal yet to allow Wellwood to develop on our 4th line, as I think he'd be a definite upgrade.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I know it is early, but I think Akeson is going to be a player @ the NHL level... his vision is special.

I also think Eric Wellwood has an NHL future ahead of him. I'm a little sorry we haven't moved Andreas No-Goal yet to allow Wellwood to develop on our 4th line, as I think he'd be a definite upgrade.
Yeah, I like Wellwood as well. I thought he had a really good game when he was called up earlier on in the season. Granted, most guys on the team had a pretty good game that time. It's a good thing to have some competition for the last spots, I suppose. If they get a good offer for Nödl I wouldn't mind seeing him traded, but there's really no need to start shopping him around imo. If we somehow have all players healthy and Zolnierczyk and Rinaldo is sent down, it wouldn't be too detrimental to their development. They could perhaps even form a pk pair for the Phantoms and get some needed training there.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Yeah, I like Wellwood as well. I thought he had a really good game when he was called up earlier on in the season. Granted, most guys on the team had a pretty good game that time. It's a good thing to have some competition for the last spots, I suppose. If they get a good offer for Nödl I wouldn't mind seeing him traded, but there's really no need to start shopping him around imo. If we somehow have all players healthy and Zolnierczyk and Rinaldo is sent down, it wouldn't be too detrimental to their development. They could perhaps even form a pk pair for the Phantoms and get some needed training there.
I mean... I just see it like we're wasting assets. Wellwood is better than Nodl @ this point IMO, and Nodl would be a better than avg. 4th liner on most teams. I'd trade him for a 3rd or a 4th.

This draft coming up is a very good one and we could really use more assets to perhaps make some moves to get the guys we want.

Closed Thread