HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

toronto @ Winnipeg

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2011, 05:11 PM
-DeMo-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze81 View Post
not saying people arent friendly, i've met some nice people from there. But Winnipeg is like -50 in the winter, there's nothing to do but to stay warm, crime is high there, and there alot of homeless people.
dude being cold is great it means you can build a rink in your back year and play all winter long as opposed to here where you might get 2-3 weeks worth... I miss that the most now that it's warmed up here over the last 10-15 years.

Old
05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
It's Windypeg. I was there once and it was the windiest place I've ever been. The drive is brutal by the way. It takes forever to get out of Ontario. You don't know how big this province is until you do that drive.
Rocks, trees, lakes, rocks, trees, lakes.......

I imagine that the first time the Leafs play in Winnipeg tickets will be worth their weight in gold.

Old
05-31-2011, 05:31 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
It's Windypeg. I was there once and it was the windiest place I've ever been. The drive is brutal by the way. It takes forever to get out of Ontario. You don't know how big this province is until you do that drive.
To put it into perspective. If you start at the west end of the province on the trans canada you can get to Mexico in the almost the same amount of time as it takes you to drive to Ottawa.

Ontario is as wide as the US is high.

Old
05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
To put it into perspective. If you start at the west end of the province on the trans canada you can get to Mexico in the almost the same amount of time as it takes you to drive to Ottawa.

Ontario is as wide as the US is high.
Very true. Where I live (in Ontario), it takes the same amount of time to drive to Calgary as is does to Toronto...and it's quicker than going to Ottawa.

I imagine a lot of the players are going to want to spend some of their summers up there though; Northwestern Ontario in the summer is amazing. I hear people talk about going to their cottages down hear and I have to try not to laugh; I can drive 20 minutes from my doorstep to get to my camp with basically an entire lake to myself. Amazing fishing as well.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Crimson King

The only good thing aboot Winnipeg is The Weakerthans. Their song "one great city!", should be the music the players come out on the ice to

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=B2AZxkbWrv8

"the guess who suck, the jets were lousy anyway".
Haha. Love it

Old
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze81 View Post
ive never met one person that's ever said i want to live in Winnipeg
I spent 3 days in Winnipeg in July one year...That team should be called the Winnipeg Skeeters (short for Mosquitos)....they are the size of small Cesna airplanes and could suck the blood dry out of a Manitoba Moose.

Note to Evander Kane and Dustin Bygfulien...Toronto is a way nicer city...You guys could be like rockstars here. The chicks are hotter too.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
Alright I'll be the first.

Any speculation on what the most economical way to get to winnipeg from Toronto for a game will be? Looks like just via travel, flying is cheaper than train or bus (its a 22 hour drive if you're wondering).

Anyone done toursport lately? I havent done it since 2001

Edit: can a mod fix my typo in the title?
Actually I've done the drive many times. It's 26 to 30hrs and that's no joke. Winnipeg is still 9 to 10 hours from Thunder Bay, ON.

Old
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Its not. And you have to figure in stops. Trust me, ive driven it 6 times.
This. I've done the drive many times myself. 26hours was the quickest we ever did it. I'd say expect to drive 30 hours. Anything less is just a bonus! A becareful on the highway between Thunder Bay and the Manitoba boarder. You can die easily if you're into "night time" driving with all the wild animals living close to that highway....

Old
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The only good thing aboot Winnipeg is The Weakerthans. Their song "one great city!", should be the music the players come out on the ice to

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=B2AZxkbWrv8

"the guess who suck, the jets were lousy anyway".
Haha. Love it
The Weakerthans rule <3 Even they trash Winnipeg (lyrically)

Old
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
I spent 3 days in Winnipeg in July one year...That team should be called the Winnipeg Skeeters (short for Mosquitos)....they are the size of small Cesna airplanes and could suck the blood dry out of a Manitoba Moose.

Note to Evander Kane and Dustin Bygfulien...Toronto is a way nicer city...You guys could be like rockstars here. The chicks are hotter too.
Last time my band toured Canada...we got to Winnipeg...and saw those Winnipeg skeeters...but we also saw all the trees wrapped in like grey, sticky, pads..with millions and millions of bugs on the trees... do you know what those bugs are called? It was insane...

Old
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Lord almighty, we really sitting around trashing the city of Winnipeg slightly more then 24h's after they get a team back? Sad man, just sad.

I believe the OP's question has been answered, I'm just going to close this thread.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Closed Thread