Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

ECHL schedule coming out 5/31?

Old
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
ECHL schedule coming out 5/31?

StocktonThunder 11:17am via TweetDeck Heads up Thunder fans. We will be announcing our schedule for the upcoming season later today at stocktonthunder.com #echl

Sounds like it.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:53 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
I tend to believe it, considering that the Express has released their home schedule(minus the teams they're playing, of course).

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2011/...-opens-oct-14/
Stockton RS schedule

http://www.stocktonthunder.com/2011/...n-opens-oct-7/
Preseason schedule

Old
05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4213757
Wranglers home schedule

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4213762
Reign schedule

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4213767
Condors schedule

Old
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
I'm just looking forward to finding out what division the Express are going to be in. Figured they'd be in the Central with Cincinnati, Kalamazoo, and Toledo and push Wheeling over into the Atlantic to even out the divisions, but we'll hopefully find out soon enough.

No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 10:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I'm just looking forward to finding out what division the Express are going to be in. Figured they'd be in the Central with Cincinnati, Kalamazoo, and Toledo and push Wheeling over into the Atlantic to even out the divisions, but we'll hopefully find out soon enough.
I see no other option.

Great, Wheeling and Trenton to watch all the time again......not so thrilled about it, i'd be thrilled if the 2 folded, I have no idea how wheeling is still going. Trenton is only going because lou Lamirello is around. I'm pumped to see chicago, I miss watching Marty's teams play. After a year of watching the "oh great" Malcolm Cameron it will be nice to see a couple exciting games...

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Well, the Express released their full season schedule, and judging by the fact that we're playing Cincinnati sixteen times, Kalamazoo fifteen times, Toledo thirteen times, and Wheeling only three times, looks like my guess of us being put in the North and Wheeling being pushed out was correct.

http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/gameday/schedule/?act[v]=list

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 06-01-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Well, the Express released their full season schedule, and judging by the fact that we're playing Cincinnati sixteen times, Kalamazoo fifteen times, Toledo thirteen times, and Wheeling only three times, looks like my guess of us being put in the North and Wheeling being pushed out was correct.

http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/gameday/schedule/?act[v]=list

I'm thinking of making the trip to Chicago on new years wouldn't be a bad trip.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

I'm thinking of moving to Chicago!

But anyway, we released our schedule:

http://www.jackalshockey.com/news/te...-2012-schedule

Only 26 Friday/Saturday home games out of 36. Isn't that a little low for this level?

Old
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
cyclonesdiehard

Cincinnati Cyclones Announced 2011-12 Schedule

http://www.cycloneshockey.com/news/3...1-12-schedule/

21 home dates on a Friday or Saturday is unheard of in Cincinnati! It looks like it will be a great season!

cyclonesdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 06:21 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

I miss being able to email the league's PR guy and know he'd get me an Excel copy of the master schedule as soon as it was available for official release -- that sure made it easier to get it up on my attendance website, for sure! Jack Carnefix moved on to the Pro Bull Riding tour a while back - he was a hell of a PR rep for the league, I gotta say!

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.echl.com/echl-opens-24th-...oct-14-p171283

Full schedule available.

Old
06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Heh, I like how they claim that divisional alignments will be determined at a later date.

Like they could've made the schedules without having the alignments beforehand. My post about the Express schedule obviously makes it clear that Chicago will be in the North and Wheeling is getting realigned out just from the number of times they meet alone.

Old
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
I'm thinking of making the trip to Chicago on new years wouldn't be a bad trip.
Depending on circumstances, I might be making the roadie in mid-December. The Express have a couple of home dates...and what would make it even more fun: if the Wolves AND Hawks were home as well.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Here's a direct link to the master schedule as it sits on ECHL.com

http://echl.com/stats/schedule.php?v...22&home_away=h

Don't get too excited just yet, though - the league clearly needs to clean some errors up, as this version of the schedule gives Gwinnett and Stockton both 37 home games each (73 total games each), South Carolina 35 home games (71 total games), Idaho 35 home games and 37 road games (72 total games), and Utah gets only 35 road games (71 games total).

I can't even begin to guess where the mistakes are - I'm going to leave that up to the league.

In the meantime, I've got the (erroneous) public version transcribed and now into my attendance site, if anyone else wants to do any analysis.

One thing I did notice, which many of you may already have noted, is that unlike last year, there are ZERO inter-conference games in the regular-season, so the 2012 Kelly Cup Finals are guaranteed to match two teams who haven't played each other all year.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:38 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Not a shocker Hans. 2 years ago they had no out of Conference play. Last year only one team(Elmira)went West. Boy, what a stupid decision for Afr. To me it makes no difference if there are out of Conference Games or not as long as the Western teams come East because they fly everywhere anyways.

Old
06-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
I see no other option.

Great, Wheeling and Trenton to watch all the time again......not so thrilled about it, i'd be thrilled if the 2 folded, I have no idea how wheeling is still going. Trenton is only going because lou Lamirello is around. I'm pumped to see chicago, I miss watching Marty's teams play. After a year of watching the "oh great" Malcolm Cameron it will be nice to see a couple exciting games...
I read somewhere that the Wheeling association with the Penguins got them the naming rights to sell on WesBanco. Plus you add in some of the Penguins' prospects going there and getting paid by the Pens and not the Brooks Brothers that pretty much explains the reason they are still going. Also with the double affiliation, more players that they are not paying.

Last edited by Solution: 06-09-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Can not spell tonight for some reason.
Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:55 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solution View Post
I read somewhere that the Wheeling association with the Penguins got them the naming rights to sell on WesBanco. Plus you add in some of the Penguins' prospects going there and getting paid by the Pens and not the Brooks Brothers that pretty much explains the reason they are still going. Also with the double affiliation, more players that they are not paying.
Makes sense, not sure then why they cried at the end of the 09-10 season "oh if we didn't do these 10 games in Johnstown we'd be joining the Chiefs today in closing up shop."

Their attendance I think was worse last season with a much better team, after last years lack of support for a good product i'll have no sympathy for them the day they actually fold.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Solution

Quote:
Makes sense, not sure then why they cried at the end of the 09-10 season "oh if we didn't do these 10 games in Johnstown we'd be joining the Chiefs today in closing up shop."

Their attendance I think was worse last season with a much better team, after last years lack of support for a good product i'll have no sympathy for them the day they actually fold.
I would actually agree with that sentiment at this point. Normally I do not like to see people lose their teams, but the Wheeling system kind of turned me on them this past season. When the Penguins got hit with all of those injuries, they called people up from Wilkes-Barre. Of course Wilkes-Barre called up from Wheeling. They had to call up some people who were not on AHL contracts. The one reporter ripped the Penguins a new one in an article because of that. The Penguins did not care about the Nailers. His attitude seemed to be reflected by several people. I know that it is hard to see players leave on call-ups, but to rip a team that you have a development deal with seems a little bit short sighted to me.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Solution

I guess what I want to say is that the Wheeling system seems to believe that they are entitled to a winner.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:13 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I would actually agree with that sentiment at this point. Normally I do not like to see people lose their teams, but the Wheeling system kind of turned me on them this past season. When the Penguins got hit with all of those injuries, they called people up from Wilkes-Barre. Of course Wilkes-Barre called up from Wheeling. They had to call up some people who were not on AHL contracts. The one reporter ripped the Penguins a new one in an article because of that. The Penguins did not care about the Nailers. His attitude seemed to be reflected by several people. I know that it is hard to see players leave on call-ups, but to rip a team that you have a development deal with seems a little bit short sighted to me.
I'm guessing it was Rine from the "Intelligencer"

Have had my moments with that guy, cam't argue with him, I mean since he works in the newspaper industry he has all the answers.

It happens all the time to us. We get guys called up to Binghamton who don't have AHL contracts, but they sign them to PTO's and what not. Ask Reading, happens to them too. Wheeling should be fortunate, they hardly on the average deal with what Elmira and Reading do.

I could understand BLASTING a team for calling up a guy just to only sit in the stands, that does tick me off. Or(like last year for us with Syracuse)a team out of contention holds on to players ELIGIBLE to play for your Playoffs just for the sake of it.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I guess what I want to say is that the Wheeling system seems to believe that they are entitled to a winner.
and they've won so much.....

MAN, if we had the "Wheeling System" here under Marty we probably would have won atleast a Cup. Unfortunatly at this level you can't control callups. It's amazing how injuries 2 levels above you can really affect your team though.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Solution

Quote:
I'm guessing it was Rine from the "Intelligencer"

Have had my moments with that guy, cam't argue with him, I mean since he works in the newspaper industry he has all the answers.

It happens all the time to us. We get guys called up to Binghamton who don't have AHL contracts, but they sign them to PTO's and what not. Ask Reading, happens to them too. Wheeling should be fortunate, they hardly on the average deal with what Elmira and Reading do.

I could understand BLASTING a team for calling up a guy just to only sit in the stands, that does tick me off. Or(like last year for us with Syracuse)a team out of contention holds on to players ELIGIBLE to play for your Playoffs just for the sake of it.
I think that you are correct about the reporter. I remember thinking while I was reading it that the only reason why some players sign on with some of the ECHL teams is to try and get a PTO. If the Pens had gone to another organization to get the guys, what incentive is there for people to sign with Wheeling then?

Please do not get me wrong. I can understand the frustration of following a team only to lose the key players. However, I try to see it from the players' perspectives. They are getting rewarded for their hard work and dedication. I am happy for them.

Injuries two levels up can interfere with a depth chart especially when those injuries affect one position repeatedly. Like a team ending up using an ECHL goalie because they have gone through their top four on the depth chart due to injuries. It happens. That said I like following minor league hockey along with the NHL.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Solution

I did my homework, and it was Rine of the Intelligencer. Reading your posts about Elmira and Binghamton doing this all the time actually is funny because when I read the article he referenced Elmira and Binghamton as not doing it that way specifically. So I am left with believing a writer for a newspaper who seems to only believe that his local team should be winning a championship or a person who has actually followed one of the other referenced teams. (Guess who I am siding with.)

Anyway, the article mentions that the affiliation agreement runs out in two years. When does Elmira's run out with Binghamton?

Old
06-10-2011, 07:06 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I think that you are correct about the reporter. I remember thinking while I was reading it that the only reason why some players sign on with some of the ECHL teams is to try and get a PTO. If the Pens had gone to another organization to get the guys, what incentive is there for people to sign with Wheeling then?

Please do not get me wrong. I can understand the frustration of following a team only to lose the key players. However, I try to see it from the players' perspectives. They are getting rewarded for their hard work and dedication. I am happy for them.

Injuries two levels up can interfere with a depth chart especially when those injuries affect one position repeatedly. Like a team ending up using an ECHL goalie because they have gone through their top four on the depth chart due to injuries. It happens. That said I like following minor league hockey along with the NHL.
Well, WBS can call up anybody they want(who isn't under an AHL Contract)so they could call up a guy on Trenton, Reading, Elmira, etc. There honestly is no incentive to sign with Wheeling, it's "kind of" in the Northeast, I guess. However....Reading and Elmira have the closer proximities to the AHL franchises in that area of the country(Elmira especially the New England area) I know i've heard not many people desire to sign in Wheeling, it's kind of a last resort place to go.

Yes and no. Sometimes guys get called up for no real reason or to fill a roster spot in need. I recall Patrick Coulombe being in Milwaukee for a month this year basically sitting in the stands(we could have really used him)that kinda stuff really ticks me off. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy for the players but like you said it's frustrating.

UGH, we suffered through the Goalie thing this year(actually got to see Mike Brodeur because of it) Pascal LeClaire is made of glass. We were supposed to get a goalie from Binghamton(never happened)and we fought that goalie battle all year. Barry Brust in Binghamton was hurt often too. We had a couple of goalies see some practices in Binghamton because of it(Shane Connelly in his brief stint and Garrett Zemlak)-Just an example of the part to your other post.

Quote:
I did my homework, and it was Rine of the Intelligencer. Reading your posts about Elmira and Binghamton doing this all the time actually is funny because when I read the article he referenced Elmira and Binghamton as not doing it that way specifically. So I am left with believing a writer for a newspaper who seems to only believe that his local team should be winning a championship or a person who has actually followed one of the other referenced teams. (Guess who I am siding with.)

Anyway, the article mentions that the affiliation agreement runs out in two years. When does Elmira's run out with Binghamton?
Do you happen to have a link for said article? I did give an example above on how that kibd of worked. Binghamton sometimes would send a guy or a couple down for a game to help out. The 45 minute proximity makes this a rare and easy luxury MOST ECHL teams don't have with their AHL Affiliates.

This is our roster for the season:

http://echl.com/stats/statdisplay.ph...ason=&confId=0

Quite a few of these guys on here got called up to PTO's during the year. Some(like Brock McBride)actually earned(I believe anyway)a SPC in Houston.

Here are some examples of guys on our team getting PTO's:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/transfer.php?team=704

A couple of guys had multiple PTO's in Binghamton. Like I said, some of the moves come un-noticed because sometimes it's soley for practice purposes. Those aren't all our callup transactions just the ones shown.

Our affiliation is just a yearly thing, it will likely be renewed in the summer. The NHL Affiliation is just a marketing tool. In 07-08 we worked with Binghamton quite a bit without actually having an affiliation in place.