HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Thrasher fan dispersal draft (Hawks info)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
  #51
BlackHawkeye*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Change the orange to red and that would work.

BlackHawkeye* is offline  
Old
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
  #52
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
I'll introduce myself, too.

*I'm 17 and just graduated High-School
*As you know I enjoy photoshop a lot (I made the Ducks/Thrashers logo posted earlier in the thread)
*Was a Thrashers fan since I was little, followed hockey for a while, and got into hockey big time at the beginning of the 09-10 season
*Started following the Hawks when Hossa signed and followed them throughout the 09-10 season, cause I thought they'd win the Cup (was rooting for you guys and watched all the playoff games during that run)
*Big fan of Kane, Toews, Hossa (obviously), Keith, Bolland, and Leddy
*Got to see Morin's NHL debut and am looking forward to see his career (wish the Thrashers could've kept him)
*I don't really post a whole lot of witty/funny stuff (there is some though ) but I'm pretty into stats/line combos
*I like to look at players kind of objectively. If they have a bad game I won't rag on them (unless I don't like them at all)
*I collect hockey cards, too

I think that's it for now. I might add some more info later. Even if you guys don't end up picking me, I'll probably pop-in throughout the season, since the Hawks are one of the few teams that I'll try to watch most of the games for.

Thanks for the consideration!

atl thrasher344 is offline  
Old
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
  #53
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I'll introduce myself, too.

*I'm 17 and just graduated High-School
*As you know I enjoy photoshop a lot (I made the Ducks/Thrashers logo posted earlier in the thread)
*Was a Thrashers fan since I was little, followed hockey for a while, and got into hockey big time at the beginning of the 09-10 season
*Started following the Hawks when Hossa signed and followed them throughout the 09-10 season, cause I thought they'd win the Cup (was rooting for you guys and watched all the playoff games during that run)
*Big fan of Kane, Toews, Hossa (obviously), Keith, Bolland, and Leddy
*Got to see Morin's NHL debut and am looking forward to see his career (wish the Thrashers could've kept him)
*I don't really post a whole lot of witty/funny stuff (there is some though ) but I'm pretty into stats/line combos
*I like to look at players kind of objectively. If they have a bad game I won't rag on them (unless I don't like them at all)
*I collect hockey cards, too

I think that's it for now. I might add some more info later. Even if you guys don't end up picking me, I'll probably pop-in throughout the season, since the Hawks are one of the few teams that I'll try to watch most of the games for.

Thanks for the consideration!

You seem like a good poster and could do some cool stuff for us. Plus, it'd be cool to know there was someone else near my age on here. I'd welcome you with open arms if you're selected.


Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
  #54
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i've been told i'm on the list for ya'll so figured i'd introduce myself

i'm 18, been a thrashers fan since i can remember. my favorite players are little, kovy, hossa, lehtonen, enstrom, and peverley. i also had a huge mancrush for metropolit but he's obviously not in the league anymore. i'll be starting college in atlanta this fall.

a list of me
-as you can see i don't like the shift key
-i just got a new laptop and it makes me happy
-i'm a thrashers fan, so i'm a masochist
-sarcastic
-i like watching the blackhawks, mostly because of hossa, but don't know a whole lot about the players other than the big ones (kane, toews, hossa, sharp) so i probably won't be able to say much until i get to watch some more.
-i love tetris
-i hate tetris
-i just flicked off my step-sister to the tune of pop goes the weasel
-i play nhl 11, so any trade proposals i make will be laughed at.
-i'm a banana.
So much in this post. Welcome to the Hawks board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I'll introduce myself, too.

*I'm 17 and just graduated High-School
*As you know I enjoy photoshop a lot (I made the Ducks/Thrashers logo posted earlier in the thread)
*Was a Thrashers fan since I was little, followed hockey for a while, and got into hockey big time at the beginning of the 09-10 season
*Started following the Hawks when Hossa signed and followed them throughout the 09-10 season, cause I thought they'd win the Cup (was rooting for you guys and watched all the playoff games during that run)
*Big fan of Kane, Toews, Hossa (obviously), Keith, Bolland, and Leddy
*Got to see Morin's NHL debut and am looking forward to see his career (wish the Thrashers could've kept him)
*I don't really post a whole lot of witty/funny stuff (there is some though ) but I'm pretty into stats/line combos
*I like to look at players kind of objectively. If they have a bad game I won't rag on them (unless I don't like them at all)
*I collect hockey cards, too

I think that's it for now. I might add some more info later. Even if you guys don't end up picking me, I'll probably pop-in throughout the season, since the Hawks are one of the few teams that I'll try to watch most of the games for.

Thanks for the consideration!
It would be wonderful to see you join our crew, you'd be a wonderful additon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkeye
Change the orange to red and that would work.
Which part? The yellow/orange on the outside encasing the logo?

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 02:18 AM
  #55
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I think that this orange should be red, like said before.

and maybe don't change the head of this "bird". Just add parts of the indian head.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 02:43 AM
  #56
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I think that this orange should be red, like said before.

and maybe don't change the head of this "bird". Just add parts of the indian head.
I'll go back and change that orange to red... I just thought the red would make it too dark at the time.

That's actually what I was trying to do with the head... make it like the head of the thrasher and add parts of the indian head. But when you add certain parts of the indian head and not others, it looks a bit awkward and unfinished. It was tricky. Maybe I'll try to strip away some things and make it look a bit more like the thrasher logo.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 03:47 AM
  #57
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,599
vCash: 500
take your time and show it again

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 03:48 AM
  #58
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,599
vCash: 500
we can add both Thrashers that posted here both should say they really want the Hawks It's good to have 2 Picks.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 06:16 AM
  #59
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace
 
RedBaronIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i've been told i'm on the list for ya'll so figured i'd introduce myself

i'm 18, been a thrashers fan since i can remember. my favorite players are little, kovy, hossa, lehtonen, enstrom, and peverley. i also had a huge mancrush for metropolit but he's obviously not in the league anymore. i'll be starting college in atlanta this fall.

a list of me
-as you can see i don't like the shift key
-i just got a new laptop and it makes me happy
-i'm a thrashers fan, so i'm a masochist
-sarcastic
-i like watching the blackhawks, mostly because of hossa, but don't know a whole lot about the players other than the big ones (kane, toews, hossa, sharp) so i probably won't be able to say much until i get to watch some more.
-i love tetris
-i hate tetris
-i just flicked off my step-sister to the tune of pop goes the weasel
-i play nhl 11, so any trade proposals i make will be laughed at.
-i'm a banana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I'll introduce myself, too.

*I'm 17 and just graduated High-School
*As you know I enjoy photoshop a lot (I made the Ducks/Thrashers logo posted earlier in the thread)
*Was a Thrashers fan since I was little, followed hockey for a while, and got into hockey big time at the beginning of the 09-10 season
*Started following the Hawks when Hossa signed and followed them throughout the 09-10 season, cause I thought they'd win the Cup (was rooting for you guys and watched all the playoff games during that run)
*Big fan of Kane, Toews, Hossa (obviously), Keith, Bolland, and Leddy
*Got to see Morin's NHL debut and am looking forward to see his career (wish the Thrashers could've kept him)
*I don't really post a whole lot of witty/funny stuff (there is some though ) but I'm pretty into stats/line combos
*I like to look at players kind of objectively. If they have a bad game I won't rag on them (unless I don't like them at all)
*I collect hockey cards, too

I think that's it for now. I might add some more info later. Even if you guys don't end up picking me, I'll probably pop-in throughout the season, since the Hawks are one of the few teams that I'll try to watch most of the games for.

Thanks for the consideration!
You both sound like cool posters. BWC can we get both of them? We do have 2 picks.

RedBaronIndian is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 06:18 AM
  #60
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace
 
RedBaronIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post

Great work man

RedBaronIndian is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 11:37 PM
  #61
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500


This was the original.

The two below are with the changes that a couple of you suggested.

(Left: Orange border changed to red; Right: Orange border changed to red, some of the indian head features erased, added back the eye from the thrasher logo)

Any other additions? subtactions? modifications?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thrashhawks2.jpg‎ (122.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg thrashhawks3.jpg‎ (122.2 KB, 12 views)

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 11:39 PM
  #62
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post


This was the original.

The two below are with the changes that a couple of you suggested.

(Left: Orange border changed to red; Right: Orange border changed to red, some of the indian head features erased, added back the eye from the thrasher logo)
The one on the right is cool!

atl thrasher344 is offline  
Old
06-03-2011, 11:41 PM
  #63
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
The one on the right is cool!
Why thanks, bud!

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 12:10 AM
  #64
Trapper2530
Registered User
 
Trapper2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
i stay away from hf for a couple days and all the good stuff starts happening...damn lol, i say pick someone on the younger end, a guy in his 40's imo will less likely follow full heartedly, while a young guy is still apt to turn into and actual lifelong fan, they also tend to spend more time on computers so you know they will be active posters lol

Trapper2530 is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 12:11 AM
  #65
Trapper2530
Registered User
 
Trapper2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
also idk why but that hawks thrasher logo kind of creeps me out, kind of reminds me of alec baldwin in beetlejuice when they stretch there faces out

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/dv...Blu-ray_Review

second picture down sorry the pic was too big to upload

Trapper2530 is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
  #66
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2530 View Post
also idk why but that hawks thrasher logo kind of creeps me out, kind of reminds me of alec baldwin in beetlejuice when they stretch there faces out


That comparison is actually really impressive. Good eye.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
  #67
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
When does this draft start? How long does each team board have before it moves to the next pick?

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 02:28 AM
  #68
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,124
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
When does this draft start? How long does each team board have before it moves to the next pick?
June 6th is the draft

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 02:59 AM
  #69
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,124
vCash: 50


Richer's Ghost (Devils Mod) made this up for draft

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 03:18 AM
  #70
chihawkswi
Registered User
 
chihawkswi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
That's an impressive bit of artwork.

Are the mods at all concerned that someone will do what Michael Larson did and memorize the patterns? They could get away with all the best Atlanta board posters!

chihawkswi is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 03:23 AM
  #71
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,124
vCash: 50
I was gonna ask but forgot so I mine as well do it here

I remember as a kid watching reruns of that show along with supermarket sweep reruns. But I dont remember what the show was

I remember the phrase "No Whammies , No Whammies"

What was it called?

Edit -- Press your luck ,, Good show!

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 06:17 AM
  #72
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,599
vCash: 500
I like the 3rd Avy best. (the right)

great work




and can we say that thrasher344 is interested in the Hawks more than in other teams?

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 06:39 AM
  #73
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace
 
RedBaronIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post


This was the original.

The two below are with the changes that a couple of you suggested.

(Left: Orange border changed to red; Right: Orange border changed to red, some of the indian head features erased, added back the eye from the thrasher logo)

Any other additions? subtactions? modifications?
Cool.I like the third one. Is it ok if I use it as my new avatar or do we plan to keep it under wraps for the new draftees?

RedBaronIndian is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 08:16 AM
  #74
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,599
vCash: 500
this is for the new draftees (??)

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
  #75
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Anyone is welcome to use any of those designs for their avatar, it doesn't matter to me. It's up to Teemu/RelyT/BWC as to if we want to save them for the new draftees or use them at all.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.