HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TVA Sport Launches!

Old
07-16-2011, 07:57 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
From this roster, only Camara, either one of Gaudette or Bush, Billy, Gerba and Gatti(cheap canadian depth, honest player) will be there. That's of course my opinion.

I'd love them to sign Bernier and Klukowski. They need canadians and those are good ones at key positions. Maybe Beaulieu-Bourgault too. I don't think Olivier Occéan wants to come to America, sadly. He would be a good striker. Maybe Kevin McKenna who plays in the Bundesliga.
the impact never invested in the youth and always went with the $ ... if they keep going down that road, their first move is to sign a duo of old farts from the EPL to ridiculous amounts of money. Something like ... sol campbell and Di canio ... hahah

montreal WILL not have time to set up a sustainable farm club, they will be buyers, and they are about to put the $$$ on the table ... they will HAVE to if they intend to lose by less than 5 goals on a regular basis.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 08:06 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
Yeah I was playing with him in high school, we had a soccer field just beside the school and we were taking shots on him, he was younger than us, but he was still unbelievable. Hard to think that he will play in the MLS and we used to play together... Well, at least I can say I scored on him plenty of times
Quote:
Oh yeah I hope he ends up in france or england, anywhere but the academie de limpact... Such a joke this academy is. I used to play 2 or 3 years ago against Reda Agouram and other players from the academy... Let's just say that the will never play pro soccer.
glad to hear that, we come from the same world ... I hope you guys played on the synthetic and not the dirt field right next to it ... hahah

Old
07-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
glad to hear that, we come from the same world ... I hope you guys played on the synthetic and not the dirt field right next to it ... hahah
We played at parc Laurier (Synthetic) the first year and at St-Jean (Winter), and then we played on the new synthetic field beside the school in the summer, the ''dome'' in Longueuil during the winter.

But yeah... there's problems there too; Sport-Étude at College Francais, it's such a joke. When we were kids we thought we were training hard but really it was a vacation. We thought it was impossible to play pro later on (because we're in Canada) so we weren't serious, but it's not true. If the coaches would've actually did their job and train us hard everyday telling us it's possible to make it in Canada, I'm sure I could've played pro to be honest. We didn't even know coaches from american universities went to our games scouting us, the coaches didn't care at all and told us nothing so we were clueless and just playing for fun. We never did Strenght and Conditionning at all it was such a joke this Sport-Étude thing...

Sometimes Olivier Ocean and Patrice bernier came to play with us so that was pretty neat, but aside from that, the coaching staff didn't care at all. For example, Zhoran Jancovic (a coach) told us to do some ''mini-games'' and then he would just walk away and smoke a cigarette... ha!

Patrick Leduc was an horrible coach but he brought a good point (http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/bl.../117845/public) not too long ago on rds.ca he said ''notre soccer récréatif est trop compétitif et notre soccer compétitif est trop récréatif.''

He's right; I got some friends playing in ''inter-ville'' and they're horrible, but they think their soccer is serious buisness and that they're actually good. And in AAA, it's a joke to be honest, last practice we had, we were 7 on the field lol, it's not serious enough.

A lot of work needs to be done for Soccer in Canada especially with the coaches.

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Woland

Quote:
We played at parc Laurier (Synthetic) the first year and at St-Jean (Winter), and then we played on the new synthetic field beside the school in the summer, the ''dome'' in Longueuil during the winter.

But yeah... there's problems there too; Sport-Étude at College Francais, it's such a joke. When we were kids we thought we were training hard but really it was a vacation. We thought it was impossible to play pro later on (because we're in Canada) so we weren't serious, but it's not true. If the coaches would've actually did their job and train us hard everyday telling us it's possible to make it in Canada, I'm sure I could've played pro to be honest. We didn't even know coaches from american universities went to our games scouting us, the coaches didn't care at all and told us nothing so we were clueless and just playing for fun. We never did Strenght and Conditionning at all it was such a joke this Sport-Étude thing...

Sometimes Olivier Ocean and Patrice bernier came to play with us so that was pretty neat, but aside from that, the coaching staff didn't care at all. For example, Zhoran Jancovic (a coach) told us to do some ''mini-games'' and then he would just walk away and smoke a cigarette... ha!

Patrick Leduc was an horrible coach but he brought a good point (http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/bl.../117845/public) not too long ago on rds.ca he said ''notre soccer récréatif est trop compétitif et notre soccer compétitif est trop récréatif.''

He's right; I got some friends playing in ''inter-ville'' and they're horrible, but they think their soccer is serious buisness and that they're actually good. And in AAA, it's a joke to be honest, last practice we had, we were 7 on the field lol, it's not serious enough.

A lot of work needs to be done for Soccer in Canada especially with the coaches.
this is the key and has been the problem for ever. The CSA recently pushed trough some major reforms to re-define the way they function and the power structure of the CSA. Sadly , this reform will only be done in a transition over the next five years. Essentially, the provinces were previously given way to much power and sought to retain these powers. This led to a dysfunctional national federation with every province seeking to retain what's best for them. When the ASA tried to push the reform through , the CSA cronies (backed by QC btw, did some dirty back dealing, and used many dirty tricks to remove their opponents). Nevertheless , after much drama, we may see the light at the end of the (very) dark tunnel.

When the big problem at top will be solved, and that the right people are assigned to the job, I certainly hope we'll see results trickle down. This however will not be immediate and Canadian Soccer is not out of the dark yet.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 05:13 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:

But yeah... there's problems there too; Sport-Étude at College Francais, it's such a joke.

Patrick Leduc was an horrible coach.

it might look like a joke now, and it probably is, but its still a large step forward compared to what was done before ; nothing. It just needs to evolve...and it likely will... its a slow process.

when AAA went back to the cities instead of the regions, that's how we ended up with most of the problems we have today. There was enough good coaches to support the club I played for, F.C. select, and there was even the old koztec comming over to give us advices after games. The things is, there is NOT enough qualified coaches to apply that structure to all cities... so they lost a lot of quality... they lost the top of the pyramid by doing that.

as for pat leduc, I played a provincial final and he never showed up (he was ass.coach), I actually liked him as a coach for the tips he gave me in the more physical games, but not sure he was as committed as he is now that his playing career is over.

Old
07-25-2011, 09:13 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Nice tweet!

Quote:
RemiAboussouan
Lancer une chaine de sport avec R.Tremblay comme joueur de concession c'est comme partir une franchise NFL et bâtir autour de B.Favre, non? 1:17 PM Jul 20th via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Launching a sports channel with R.Tremblay as your concession player is like starting a NFL franchise and building your team around B.Favre, no?

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
icerocket

Lmao @ sens games

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Lmao @ sens games
What's wrong with that?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What's wrong with that?
Sens

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Sens
Lmao

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
JackZap

pretty good start. Soccer, ufc and interbox is a solid start. The rest is filler. I hear CKAC gets pretty decent ratings with their blue jays game. I was also under the impression that they were also going to do NCAA basketball or NBA, something like that...could be wrong

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 11:56 AM
penaltykiller

I am pretty sure they bought the rights to broadcast the march madness. This is something i don't understand. Why NCAA basketball and no NBA ?

Also , i think that NCAA hockey would be more popular than its basketball counterpart but i am sure that Péladeau will get the QMJHL rights in a near future and promote the league since he now owns a team. I guess he would not be interested in broadcasting his rival league.

penaltykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penaltykiller View Post
I am pretty sure they bought the rights to broadcast the march madness. This is something i don't understand. Why NCAA basketball and no NBA ?

Also , i think that NCAA hockey would be more popular than its basketball counterpart but i am sure that Péladeau will get the QMJHL rights in a near future and promote the league since he now owns a team. I guess he would not be interested in broadcasting his rival league.
Nope, Bell bought that.

TSN 2 and RDS 2 will broadcast it.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
habitue*

Peladeau is preparing the ground for the Nordiques' comeback in Quebec...

Bettman must like the arrival of this new player in the NHL broadcast world.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Nice tweet!

Launching a sports channel with R.Tremblay as your concession player is like starting a NFL franchise and building your team around B.Favre, no?

I thought about this tweet alot. Good comparison.

The more I think about it, the more I know this channel is doomed to suck. I am sure it will be filled with re-broadcasts of fringe events, and overly colorful and not informative guys in the style of Chantelois.

I have visions of this episode of "Amazing Boxing Knockouts" on RDS, where the commentator was saying,"it is coming up....NOW..... eh... maybe a little later....NOW.....eh...". It was so obvious he had not even prepared or watched the clips before broadcasting, and they did not go back and re-do it... the worst insult to sportscasting I had ever seen.

This is the standard I think TVA is destined to reach for.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
it might look like a joke now, and it probably is, but its still a large step forward compared to what was done before ; nothing. It just needs to evolve...and it likely will... its a slow process.

when AAA went back to the cities instead of the regions, that's how we ended up with most of the problems we have today. There was enough good coaches to support the club I played for, F.C. select, and there was even the old koztec comming over to give us advices after games. The things is, there is NOT enough qualified coaches to apply that structure to all cities... so they lost a lot of quality... they lost the top of the pyramid by doing that.

as for pat leduc, I played a provincial final and he never showed up (he was ass.coach), I actually liked him as a coach for the tips he gave me in the more physical games, but not sure he was as committed as he is now that his playing career is over.
Not that I know about anything going on in canada's soccer world, but from reading your posts, it looks like it's awful. I agree that the higher soccer teams deserves coach the same caliber as the CHL are getting. We are never going to get better if we don't teach our young soccer players to be disciplined like we do with our hockey players.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 09:50 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Peladeau is preparing the ground for the Nordiques' comeback in Quebec...

Bettman must like the arrival of this new player in the NHL broadcast world.
If Quebec can have a building assured for 2014-2015 and no buyer comes through in Phoenix next season, then Quebec is getting a team.

- Play 2 seasons at the old Colisee (which Bettman said was ok as long as a building is being built in the meantime)

- Have a super rich owner with an own sports channel to broadcast all the games.

I am sure Bettman tried to save Phoenix but if no buyer is found for a 3rd straight season, he will do like Atlanta and GTFO of there.

Old
07-27-2011, 10:12 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
R. Tremblay as Qc head coach?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
R. Tremblay as Qc head coach?
Yes please. 12 easy points for the Habs every year.

Old
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Yes please. 12 easy points for the Habs every year.
And Michel Bergeron as Ass.Coach

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
TVA Sports est fier d'annoncer un nouveau partenariat avec Sportsnet. Plus de détails à venir.
http://twitter.com/#!/TVASports/stat...66240012828672

Would be nice if it's about QMJHL games.

Old
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
http://twitter.com/#!/TVASports/stat...66240012828672

Would be nice if it's about QMJHL games.
It's either that or UFC fight nights, witch in both cases would be pretty freacking awesome!

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

More details

Quote:
Dans le cadre de matchs de ces deux formations en Ontario, Sportsnet sera présent avec ses caméras et ses équipes. Mais dorénavant, nous les supporterons avec des caméras supplémentaires et nos effectifs. Par ailleurs, Jacques Doucet et Rodger Brulotte seront présents au Rogers Centre de Toronto tandis que les Rinfret, Pedneault et Ciccone seront en poste à Ottawa.
Interesting.

Gotta say it already looks better than RDS. I mean, RDS were doing games from Ottawa but they used the Sportsnet feed. Now, TVA will have their equipments aswell.

Last edited by Fel 96: 08-18-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
More details

Interesting.

Gotta say it already looks better than RDS. I mean, RDS were doing games from Ottawa but they used the Sportsnet feed.
Ahhh, that is why RDS got Marc Griffin for baseball. Brulotte left.

Old
08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
More details

Interesting.

Gotta say it already looks better than RDS. I mean, RDS were doing games from Ottawa but they used the Sportsnet feed. Now, TVA will have their equipments aswell.
It's the only hockey TVA has. RDS has their team to every Habs games, so it's already better than having to hear Rinfret and Pednault doing games of a crappy team for 3 hours.