Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Did Dale Hawerchuk Want Out of Winnipeg?

06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
We missed Housley on the blueline though..

...and guess what, he left because of Mike Smith too due to contract problems.
I think in Housley's case it was more so just about the money, not necessarily management itself. Something about how he ended up paying more in taxes than he thought he was supposed to... In fact I recall Housley refused to report to the Flames after he was traded from the Blues for Al MacInnis. Housley didn't really want to play in Canada at all.

(He still ended up playing about a quarter of his career in Calgary, in two stints.)

Last edited by Hoser: 06-02-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe View Post
Wait, what? May and Tkachuk played almost exactly the same number of playoff games in their careers - 88 and 89 respectively. May scored 4 goals. Tkachuk scored 28. What did May do to make up the 24-goal difference?
Lol, seriously. In addition, Tkachuk was always the focus of the opponent's best checkers, which theoretically should have taken pressure off of his teammates.

I realize Keith disappointed greatly in the playoffs compared to expectations, but I think it's going more than a bit far to prefer a career 4th liner over him

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote