HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whats Going On???

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2004, 12:12 AM
JJ68NYR

vCash: 500
Whats Going On???

I dont understand here. I know we arent going for big money free agents but arent we gonna sign someone? And wats going on with Bure I'd like to know if somebody had news on how he was doing. JJ still needs a center and a LW. I say Palffy and maybe Allison. Maybe Zhamonov. Maybe Kovalev??? You know I know that many would be opposed to Kovy being brought back again but not me. Since were gonna tank it then maybe we should just bring Kovy back and give it another go with him and JJ together and if they suck then we suck and if we suck we get a high draft pick. Kovy has played center in his career.

Palffy-Kovalev-Jagr
Jessiman-Lundmark-Balej
Ortmeyer-Holik-Murray
Korpikoski-Betts-D.Moore

Tyutin-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Poti
Kaspar-Pock

Montoya
Blackburn
Dunham

Reserves: Lundqvist, Stals, Wiseman, Scott, Purinton, others?

Srry but thats just wat i think the Rangers should put out there for next season and if they suck then thats fine because isnt that wat we want anyways? Plus we'd only be signing TWO FA's.

Old
07-17-2004, 12:18 AM
NYR469

rebuild

Old
07-17-2004, 12:22 AM
JJ68NYR

2 FA'S, THATS IT!

Look how many young guys i had in my lineup.

Hey but watever bash me i dont care anymore

Old
07-17-2004, 12:38 AM
pittengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I dont understand here. I know we arent going for big money free agents but arent we gonna sign someone? And wats going on with Bure I'd like to know if somebody had news on how he was doing. JJ still needs a center and a LW. I say Palffy and maybe Allison. Maybe Zhamonov. Maybe Kovalev??? You know I know that many would be opposed to Kovy being brought back again but not me. Since were gonna tank it then maybe we should just bring Kovy back and give it another go with him and JJ together and if they suck then we suck and if we suck we get a high draft pick. Kovy has played center in his career.

Palffy-Kovalev-Jagr
Jessiman-Lundmark-Balej
Ortmeyer-Holik-Murray
Korpikoski-Betts-D.Moore

Tyutin-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Poti
Kaspar-Pock

Montoya
Blackburn
Dunham

Srry but thats just wat i think the Rangers should put out there for next season and if they suck then thats fine because isnt that wat we want anyways? Plus we'd only be signing TWO FA's.
Better take out Jessiman and Korpikoski. You wont be seeing them in NY for atleast another 1-2 years at minimum.

Old
07-17-2004, 12:40 AM
JJ68NYR

yea i kinda figured that but i just wanted to see some reactions to them being in the lineup

Old
07-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
This is the first msg board that I have seen where the fans want the team to suck. Sorry, but I don't care how good the pick is we get I can't root for the Rangers to lose. It's not in my heart.

Anyhow, I am about the biggest Kovalev fan going and I can assure Kovy won't be coming back again. We have no idea how to use Kovalev to his maximum output. He did great on the Pens cause they let him play his game. Watch, Jagr won't be having anymore 90+ point seasons............not in NY anyway.

And who else hates this smiley?

Old
07-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
My suggestions for this team:

No to any big name who is seeking crazy money. So that rules out Palffy, Murray, Demitra and Kovalev.

Guys I'd consider:

Sergei Brylin- has played with Bobby Holik before and wouldn't cost that much. He's versatile too.

Martin Rucinsky- has had success here before and wouldn't be a bad fit. Also wouldn't cost the bank.

You only sign one of them. They both play LW and are gritty players.

Michael Nylander- a smart playmaking center with excellent vision and skills. He's not going to cost as much as some of the other big names. He'd be good with Jagr if they decided to put Holik down the depth chart. But for some reason, I don't think that's what they'll do. Meaning signing Nylander or any playmaking center would be useless.

Eric Lindros- though it looks like his Ranger career appears over thanks to his Dad, Eric was a good solidier here. He played hard. If he was still interested in returning and would take a cheaper incentive-laden deal with an average of 2.5-3 million, I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I'm sure Eric will go elsewhere now or maybe retire. I wish him luck.

Steve McKenna- people will say why. I say why not? The team doesn't have an enforcer on their roster. McKenna is a good team guy and plays with energy. He also can pop a few goals if given the opportunity. I like him better than Sandy the Sniper. The Sniper forgot what his role was somewhere along the line. If they do decide to add a big guy, McKenna would be a nice choice.

Jassen Cullimore- he wants to stay with Tampa (who wouldn't). That's a great situation. But he wants too much money (reportedly $3 million). If he lowered his asking price, he'd be worth it. He's a tough physical stay-at-home blueliner with size. He's not going to put up many pts but that's not his job. And the best thing about Jassen is he's getting better. We could use one more vet on the blueline with Kaspar that keeps teams honest and away from our net.

Boris Mironov- people will say why bring him back. Why not? Boris actually played solid last year and had decent chemistry with Tjutin. Tjutin liked playing with him. So, maybe it might make sense to bring him back if his price isn't that high.

Josh Green- out of the three LW's that weren't qualified (Hlavac & LaCouture too), Green was the one who looked decent. I'd give him one more shot to see if he has anything left. He's still young (27) and it might not be a bad idea considering our lack of LW depth.

This is what I'd do:

Re-sign Mironov and Green to one-year deals.

Sign Rucinsky and McKenna.

They can go into the season with these four centers:

Holik, Lundmark, Moore and Betts

The only way for young guys to learn is to play. It's time.

Potential lineup:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Green-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Moore-Wiseman
McKenna-Betts-Ortmeyer

Kaspar-Poti
Mironov-Tjutin
Rachunek-Pock

Dunham
Valiquette

Extras: Stals, M. Green, Lampman, Nycholat, Kondratiev

Obviously, this would make the most sense for our team. You plug a few openings with vets that won't cost the moon. And you have some of the young players in defined roles.

And if that's how they do it, I'd be fine with that.

Old
07-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Barnaby

I actually agree on Mckenna...

He's a great team guy who can fight and wouldn't look out of place... He didn't have the greatest stint in NY, but he has a great attitude and does what he has too in order to stay in the league.

Another idea: Steve Webb

First response: Why take a spot from a young player?

A: He can be a player who handles being scratched so a young guy doesn't ride the pine. I'd rather have him sitting upstairs then a guy like Wiseman or Moore who would be better off in Hartford. He'd also be a nice kick against the Isles and give a little more kick to our lineup against tougher teams.

Old
07-17-2004, 12:58 PM
drewcon40

If I am the Rangers, I stay far away from Kovalev. I routed for him as a Ranger. Heck, I have a picture of him with the cup in my basement. Kovalev part 3 or Nedved part 3 is not the direction I feel the Rangers should go. Jason Weimer's name has been thrown around and I would be happy if the Rangers signed Josh Green.

Old
07-17-2004, 01:21 PM
in the hall

Quote:

Palffy-Kovalev-Jagr
Jessiman-Lundmark-Balej
Ortmeyer-Holik-Murray
Korpikoski-Betts-D.Moore

Tyutin-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Poti
Kaspar-Pock

Montoya
Blackburn
Dunham

that's ridiculous, how many rookies are we looking to play/ruin?
Let them develop how they should, throwing them in the NHL is not the right way.

Old
07-17-2004, 01:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I actually agree on Mckenna...

He's a great team guy who can fight and wouldn't look out of place... He didn't have the greatest stint in NY, but he has a great attitude and does what he has too in order to stay in the league.

Another idea: Steve Webb

First response: Why take a spot from a young player?

A: He can be a player who handles being scratched so a young guy doesn't ride the pine. I'd rather have him sitting upstairs then a guy like Wiseman or Moore who would be better off in Hartford. He'd also be a nice kick against the Isles and give a little more kick to our lineup against tougher teams.
Ha ha McKenna can fight. He always falls down everytime, at least does fight unlike McCarthy. I rather have Grenier he is younger, or maybe we can trade for a Scott Parker or Kings and Thrashers got enough tough guys, maybe a guy like Jeff Cowan, Kip Brennan and Francis Lessard would be better choice than McKenna, they are all "Younger".

Old
07-17-2004, 02:44 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
This is the first msg board that I have seen where the fans want the team to suck. Sorry, but I don't care how good the pick is we get I can't root for the Rangers to lose. It's not in my heart.

Anyhow, I am about the biggest Kovalev fan going and I can assure Kovy won't be coming back again. We have no idea how to use Kovalev to his maximum output. He did great on the Pens cause they let him play his game. Watch, Jagr won't be having anymore 90+ point seasons............not in NY anyway.

And who else hates this smiley?
wanting the team to suck and accepting the reality that the team WILL suck aren't the same

Old
07-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Wow, Kovi, I like your line up. McKenna would be a decent pick up. He has grit and could stick up for the kids.

Old
07-17-2004, 04:22 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
My suggestions for this team:

No to any big name who is seeking crazy money. So that rules out Palffy, Murray, Demitra and Kovalev.

Guys I'd consider:

Sergei Brylin- has played with Bobby Holik before and wouldn't cost that much. He's versatile too.

Martin Rucinsky- has had success here before and wouldn't be a bad fit. Also wouldn't cost the bank.

You only sign one of them. They both play LW and are gritty players.

Michael Nylander- a smart playmaking center with excellent vision and skills. He's not going to cost as much as some of the other big names. He'd be good with Jagr if they decided to put Holik down the depth chart. But for some reason, I don't think that's what they'll do. Meaning signing Nylander or any playmaking center would be useless.

Eric Lindros- though it looks like his Ranger career appears over thanks to his Dad, Eric was a good solidier here. He played hard. If he was still interested in returning and would take a cheaper incentive-laden deal with an average of 2.5-3 million, I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I'm sure Eric will go elsewhere now or maybe retire. I wish him luck.

Steve McKenna- people will say why. I say why not? The team doesn't have an enforcer on their roster. McKenna is a good team guy and plays with energy. He also can pop a few goals if given the opportunity. I like him better than Sandy the Sniper. The Sniper forgot what his role was somewhere along the line. If they do decide to add a big guy, McKenna would be a nice choice.

Jassen Cullimore- he wants to stay with Tampa (who wouldn't). That's a great situation. But he wants too much money (reportedly $3 million). If he lowered his asking price, he'd be worth it. He's a tough physical stay-at-home blueliner with size. He's not going to put up many pts but that's not his job. And the best thing about Jassen is he's getting better. We could use one more vet on the blueline with Kaspar that keeps teams honest and away from our net.

Boris Mironov- people will say why bring him back. Why not? Boris actually played solid last year and had decent chemistry with Tjutin. Tjutin liked playing with him. So, maybe it might make sense to bring him back if his price isn't that high.

Josh Green- out of the three LW's that weren't qualified (Hlavac & LaCouture too), Green was the one who looked decent. I'd give him one more shot to see if he has anything left. He's still young (27) and it might not be a bad idea considering our lack of LW depth.

This is what I'd do:

Re-sign Mironov and Green to one-year deals.

Sign Rucinsky and McKenna.

They can go into the season with these four centers:

Holik, Lundmark, Moore and Betts

The only way for young guys to learn is to play. It's time.

Potential lineup:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Green-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Moore-Wiseman
McKenna-Betts-Ortmeyer

Kaspar-Poti
Mironov-Tjutin
Rachunek-Pock

Dunham
Valiquette

Obviously, this would make the most sense for our team. You plug a few openings with vets that won't cost the moon. And you have some of the young players in defined roles.

Old
07-17-2004, 05:01 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Potential lineup:

Rucinsky-Holik-Jagr
Green-Lundmark-Balej
Murray-Moore-Wiseman
McKenna-Betts-Ortmeyer

Kaspar-Poti
Mironov-Tjutin
Rachunek-Pock

Dunham
Valiquette

holik is not a first line center id much rather see him used for his checking and shutting down opposing lines, he is the best in the game at it. when used properly.

also for centers on the # 1 line the two options i got are yanic perault and nylander, ( zhamnov is also out there )would like morrison but he is to valuable for van to lose but he would be a good fit though. nylander might be a better fit, with jags atleast. also think murray and wiseman can split time between 2nd and 3rd line pairings both can be used on both lines productively, in there own ways , when done so properly, i stated why below.

hlavac- nylander / perault - Jagr
( jan only 27 will have a good season with jags )

murray / wiseman-Lundmark-Balej
( murray provides eneergy, has decent hands could be a darren mccarty on that line, , toughness and non stop energy, plus protection for those 2 softees) ( and wiseman can be thrown in for a bit more off an offensive talent, more than murray has.)

murray / wiseman- holik-ortmeyer
( murray holik and ortmeyer can be a great shut down energy line) ( dont mind wiseman there either for some extra offense if murray is thrwon on 2nd line )

?-Betts-scott / dwyer
( end of story we need toughness if not this team of kids is going to be getting pushed around way to much. the lose of barnaby and simon definitly hurts in that category)

tyutin - mironov
poti- kaspar
pock-jeff paul / purrinton ( when toughness is needed) /nycholat

those are the more realistic lines dont like rachunek and poti there but whatare u gonna do , well dont mind rachunek as much. wish poti would get traded. now what i would like to see is..... and another thing i dont like about the "d" parining is therer is no toughness)

tyutin-kaspar
pock- nycholat / j. paul
rachunek- paul / nycholat ( purrinton when toughness is needed)

Dunham
Valiquette

would love to see valiquette get a majority of starts, he is 26 young and very good goaltender, i believe. i would love to see him take over for 1 year or 2 till blackie is ready to come up.

Old
07-19-2004, 03:40 PM
Olly2

Rangers can be competitive

With the right moves, the Rangers can be very competitive.

They key is signing players to fill specific roles. Not the old method of signing the biggest names available and will worry about lines and team chemistry later.

It is my opinion that to properly develop their prospects the rangers must sign at least 3 veteran forwards.

Here is what I would do.

Sign Demitra, Nylander, and Brylin.

Trade for Noronen or Sign Weekes. Trade Dunham, if nobody wants him, buy him out.

Demitra and Nylander could play on the wing, or at center.

To start the season, if everybody was healthy the Rangers could start with the following lines.

Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
J.Heerema-Demitra-Balej
Brylin-Holik-Ga.Murray
J.Green-B.Betts/D.Moore-Ortmeyer

On defense

Poti-Tyutin
Rachunek-Kaspar
Pock-Mironov

Weekes/Noronen

PP1 Holik, Demitra, Jagr, Nylander, and Poti
PP2 Lundmark, Balej, Brylin, Tjutin, and Rachunek
Best performer at Training Camp

What this line up, you have a good mix of veterans and propects.

Old
07-19-2004, 04:26 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
[b][SIZE=7]2Hey but watever bash me i dont care anymore
u have 37 posts , how much could he have bashed u or anyone in general ...... and u shouldnt care to begin with.

Old
07-19-2004, 04:42 PM
LondonFan

Yeah we should sign Allison and Lindros. What a great 1-2 punch that would be.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:30 PM
nyr7andcounting

You need veterans to help the young guys, as well as keep your team somewhat respectable. I don't get why some people think "rebuilding" means you put your best 18 prospects out there. Bottom line is most of our young guys are not NHL ready, and bringing them to the big show now will only hurt them in the long run.

It is better to sign a veteran or two and let the young guys who are ready play the roles they are best at, than it is to sign no one and let your prospects get embarassed every night. In certain cases, taking playing time away from a young player is the right thing to do. If your young guys aren't ready to make the jump, you need a veteran to fill that hole and the young guys can develop further in the minors or juniors.

For example, it's amazing how some people think Montoya or Blackburn can start for the Rangers. Both are atleast a year away from even being able to play at the NHL level...Montoya because of his age and Blackburn because of his health/lack of playing time. The right thing to do is let some combination of Dunham, Valiquette, Labarbera or a UFA get you through the next couple of years until Montoya is old enough to take on this challenge, or Blackburn is again sharp enough to play at this level. Look at Lehtonen... when the Thrashers drafted him in 2002, he was probably the best goalie they had in the organization. But they let guys like Nurminen play, they signed Dafoe for better or for worse. Now, 2 years later Lehtonen has developed in the minors and juniors and is poised to start playing regularly in the NHL.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Dunham, Valiquette, Labarbera

gross.

Closed Thread