HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brad Richards News Part III (Dallas Not Offering Contract)

View Poll Results: What is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM you would pay Brad Richards?
$6 over 5 years 17 13.39%
$6.5 over 6 years 18 14.17%
$7 over 6 years 41 32.28%
$7 over 7 years 17 13.39%
$7.5 over 7 years 23 18.11%
$7.5 over 8 years 4 3.15%
$8 over 8 years 1 0.79%
$8.5 over 8 years 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2011, 10:00 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
To get Stastny, they have this up in the trade section of HF, you'd probably need Dubinsky plus MDZ, plus a pick.
Yea its about right.

I wouldn't deal Dubinsky, he's the kind of player you keep for majority of career.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Yea its about right.

I wouldn't deal Dubinsky, he's the kind of player you keep for majority of career.
IF we don't get Richards, than they must explore the possibility of trading for a center. That won't come cheap, and if the cost includes Dubinsky, it's a cost worth paying. You MUST have a top line center in this league.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:19 PM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
IF we don't get Richards, than they must explore the possibility of trading for a center. That won't come cheap, and if the cost includes Dubinsky, it's a cost worth paying. You MUST have a top line center in this league.
I would trade Dubinsky...but, that would obliterate the Rangers LW depth. Right now, it's Wolski, Dubinsky, Avery, and Fedotenko(UFA).

Trade Dubinsky, and it might be the worst LW depth in the league--I'd sooner tade Stepan or Anisimov in a package for a center, considering the Rangers are pretty strong at center, throughout the organization, in terms of prospects and potential.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-09-2011, 10:29 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I would trade Dubinsky...but, that would obliterate the Rangers LW depth. Right now, it's Wolski, Dubinsky, Avery, and Fedotenko(UFA).

Trade Dubinsky, and it might be the worst LW depth in the league--I'd sooner tade Stepan or Anisimov in a package for a center, considering the Rangers are pretty strong at center, throughout the organization, in terms of prospects and potential.
I agree. I'm just saying, if part of the price includes trading a more established forward - and considering that, IMO, Callahan is virtually untradeable - I could understand parting with Dubinsky. It wouldn't be pleasant, but it would be a necessary evil.

There is always Kreider, plus MZA can play LW, Hagelin, Boyle should be moved to the wing anyhow.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
To get Stastny, they have this up in the trade section of HF, you'd probably need Dubinsky plus MDZ, plus a pick.
If that's what they're saying on the trade boards, you can probably lower the actual offer it would take to get Stastny if he was on the trade market.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Stastny basically has put up 80 points, twice. 79 and 78. He hit 70+ points three times.

348 GP
321 Pts

And he's only 24 years old.
I'm nitpicking, but he has never scored 80 points, therefore, he cannot be considered an 80 point player.

Look, I like him a lot, but he still has a lot to prove. of course, if he came to the Rangers without us selling the whole team for him, i'd be pretty happy. He'd certainly be the best center here.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:37 PM
JeffMangum
Herrrooooiiinnnn

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I agree. I'm just saying, if part of the price includes trading a more established forward - and considering that, IMO, Callahan is virtually untradeable - I could understand parting with Dubinsky. It wouldn't be pleasant, but it would be a necessary evil.

There is always Kreider, plus MZA can play LW, Hagelin, Boyle should be moved to the wing anyhow.
Yeah--I'm not necessarily advocating to trade him, but I wouldn't be devestated if they did. I mean--like Dubinsky as a player. He's a very solid 2nd line winger, that can play in any situation. But--I'm not completely enamored with him like a lot of Ranger fans are. His downside is his general hockey IQ/sense--he plays his best when he's playing a meat and potatoes type game--but all too ofen, he starts to think he's this all-star that can dangle through 3,4 defenseman at will. It's infuriating, because he'll make boneheaded play after boneheaded play in that state. I don't know why he just can't keep it simple for a full season.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yeah--I'm not necessarily advocating to trade him, but I wouldn't be devestated if they did. I mean--like Dubinsky as a player. He's a very solid 2nd line winger, that can play in any situation. But--I'm not completely enamored with him like a lot of Ranger fans are. His downside is his general hockey IQ/sense--he plays his best when he's playing a meat and potatoes type game--but all too ofen, he starts to think he's this all-star that can dangle through 3,4 defenseman at will. It's infuriating, because he'll make boneheaded play after boneheaded play in that state. I don't know why he just can't keep it simple for a full season.
My thoughts exactly.

You are learning well, young padawan.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:44 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Richards is unwilling to waive his no trade clause

Quote:
Brad Richards' agent, Pat Morris, emailed tonight that Richards is unwilling to waive his NTC "at this time," though Stars have asked.
Quote:
So Richards sweepstakes seemingly headed to July 1 with no rights traded before.
http://twitter.com/#!/StapeNewsday

Nieuwendyk is telling everyone he will be trading the rights.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:49 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Richards is unwilling to waive his no trade clause

http://twitter.com/#!/StapeNewsday

Nieuwendyk is telling everyone he will be trading the rights.
Well if he was hell bent on going to Tampa, he more then likely would have accepted a trade to there. He would do this so there would be more time to hammer out a deal if they have to do some moving around of players.

Old
06-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Well if he was hell bent on going to Tampa, he more then likely would have accepted a trade to there. He would do this so there would be more time to hammer out a deal if they have to do some moving around of players.
Has Tampa proposed a trade for Richards' rights for Richards to accept? We've not heard even a whisper along those lines.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:12 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

3 more weeks of this nonsense. The speculation will end.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Levitate

I do love how these things play out, with every teams fans so certain there's a fantastic reason why an UFA will be coming to their favorite team...lots of talk and reasoning why a guy will take a smaller contract, this and that...and then July 1st shows up and the vast, vast majority of players end up just signing with whoever offers the most.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Not to nitpick, but SuperSonic, Stastny isn't 24. He turns 26 in December. Still very young for a guy of his caliber, but just saying. (I was too lazy to quote you, I'm on my phone)

Old
06-10-2011, 08:46 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Good read that Leslie posted in the Drury thread, but partially relevant here.

Quote:
As of a few weeks ago, when I got my last information, Richards was very anxious to rejoin John Tortorella and was almost certainly coming to New York. Frankly, given the recent tweets that may or not indicate that he is leaning toward returning instead to Tampa Bay, I donít know if my information is still up-to-date. But there is no doubt that Richards is the Rangers prime target in this free agent pool; there is no other center of his calibre available in the UFA market.
Hopefully, nothing has changed since Leslie spoke with her source a few weeks ago, and Brooks is simply wrong.

Old
06-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Levitate

Again, I think this is all games that are played with FA.

Everyone in Tampa thinks he's coming back and will take a massive paycut because he did an interview with a Tampa paper and said nice things about a place he enjoyed playing.

Everyone in Toronto thinks he's going there because they will offer him a **** ton of money

Everyone in NY thinks he's coming here to play with Tortorella and it's a good fit.

etc

Then we get conflicting reports all over the place, etc etc. It's just FA posturing. Nothing is decided yet, and I especially think Tampa people are jumping the gun

Old
06-10-2011, 09:25 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

How much money will TB spend on payroll? They have $38M including bonuses committed. Stamkos gets $7M. $45M. Brewer gets the same $4.25M. $49M. Purcell gets $3M. $52M. They want to re-sign Bergenheim who will be a group III. $2M? Say its $2M. $54M. Lundin. Arbitration eligible. He took a cheap deal last summer. $1.5M for him. Almost $56M. Where is the goalie? Roloson can still play. $3M? Nearly $60M. They would have to move Malone and his NMC to create enough room for Richards and that might not be enough.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
How much money will TB spend on payroll? They have $38M including bonuses committed. Stamkos gets $7M. $45M. Brewer gets the same $4.25M. $49M. Purcell gets $3M. $52M. They want to re-sign Bergenheim who will be a group III. $2M? Say its $2M. $54M. Lundin. Arbitration eligible. He took a cheap deal last summer. $1.5M for him. Almost $56M. Where is the goalie? Roloson can still play. $3M? Nearly $60M. They would have to move Malone and his NMC to create enough room for Richards and that might not be enough.
IMO Stammer will get more than 7 mil. Crosby is getting 8.5 mil a year, Ovy has that ridiculous 13 year contract worth a **** load, and even Malkin is being paid 8.5 mil. I see Stammer getting 8-9 mil

Old
06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
YoungD4

Isnt Semin a free agent too?

Old
06-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post
Isnt Semin a free agent too?
No, he signed a one year deal with the Caps. Looks like they wanna shop him

Old
06-10-2011, 09:49 AM
YoungD4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Again, I think this is all games that are played with FA.

Everyone in Tampa thinks he's coming back and will take a massive paycut because he did an interview with a Tampa paper and said nice things about a place he enjoyed playing.

Everyone in Toronto thinks he's going there because they will offer him a **** ton of money

Everyone in NY thinks he's coming here to play with Tortorella and it's a good fit.

etc

Then we get conflicting reports all over the place, etc etc. It's just FA posturing. Nothing is decided yet, and I especially think Tampa people are jumping the gun
Rangers have the money as well to throw around

Old
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

I would be shocked if there is any discount for Richards. He wants to cash in one more time. He needs to take it to July 1 to maximize his $$$. Hope the # is not crazy. Unfortunately I'm sure it will be.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Levitate

And the other thing is "does Tampa want Richards"? Do they feel he addresses a big enough team need to spend $6-7 mill on him?

Richards knows some players, but the ownership has changed, the coaches have changed, it's hard to say whether the team is interested just because he's Brad Richards and played for them years ago.

At the same time, I don't think playing for Tortorella is as big a lure as some people say, but who knows

Old
06-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
And the other thing is "does Tampa want Richards"? Do they feel he addresses a big enough team need to spend $6-7 mill on him?

Richards knows some players, but the ownership has changed, the coaches have changed, it's hard to say whether the team is interested just because he's Brad Richards and played for them years ago.
At the same time, I don't think playing for Tortorella is as big a lure as some people say, but who knows
. That's really the question... Does Stevey Y want Richards? If so does Richards want TB enough to take a massive paycut. They could meet in the middle I suppose.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:06 AM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Yea its about right.

You seriously wouldn't deal Dubinksy+ to get Statsny? Wow! Dubi is at best a mid-2nd liner and we would have a shot at a semi-elite center. You HAVE to make that deal 10 times out of 10. Are we looking to win something here or just be a mid-carder for the next decade? Do I try to trade Anisimov instead? Sure, but if the AVs would rather want Dubi... see ya later.

In response to one other poster mentioning Stepan, I think trading him would be a HUGE mistake. Who says that Step doesn't become Statsny? We know AA won't, but Step has quite the pedigree and is the type of player that will all of a sudden blossom into a star. I mean... who gets a hat trick in their first NHL game? The kid has excelled in every major tournament competition he has been in. He is a big game player... period. There is just something very special about Step. Given Henrik's age, we can't really wait on Step developing and need to find that top center now, but dealing him would be a BIG mistake IMO.

Last edited by xxxZENxxx: 06-10-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread