HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC Undisputed 3 coming Feb. 14th 2012, Demo released 1/24/11

Old
11-02-2011, 07:44 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
sherk, stevenson... but no lauzon? what the hell is with the roster

MeatTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
How can you have a pride mode without Sakuraba?
If they would have put Giant Silva in the game, I would have bought it..

Now, no dice.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:29 PM
End of Line
Human After All

The Demo is out and Pride mode is awesome.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:52 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Thanks for the heads up. DLing now.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
DeceiverOfTheGods
HFBoards Sponsor

Any news on Career mode? I'm not much for the online. Also, how do people like the new submission system?

Is it downloadable on PS3 for free?

DeceiverOfTheGods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
End of Line
Human After All

The new submission system is pretty confusing, for me at least.

Career mode I don't know much about.

Old
01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Career mode looks really cool. Before, the training was dumb. 2 minutes of sparring all the time and just pressing a button to gain strength, cardio, and speed. In the trailer in the demo, it showed stuff like flipping a tire and you had to flip it in to the right square (there were 9 of them making one bigger square) and I'm assuming you get it in the right square for more strength points and things like that. That was the only one I really remember. What I do remember is actual training camps like AKA, Greg Jacksons, ATT, etc. and I believe doing training camps at those places is more interactive too. It looks like a big improvement and this is coming from someone who only played the career mode and never online.

Also, PRIDE mode rocks. Holy. So good.

Old
01-26-2012, 06:34 PM
m9

Do they incorporate Kinect at all? I got rid of mine, but if the training was Kinect-based (flipping tires and sparring are things you did in the UFC trainer) I would be very intrigued and maybe get another one. I don't mind getting an actual workout in between fights, just no more time-consuming button-mashing sparring sessions.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:06 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Do they incorporate Kinect at all? I got rid of mine, but if the training was Kinect-based (flipping tires and sparring are things you did in the UFC trainer) I would be very intrigued and maybe get another one. I don't mind getting an actual workout in between fights, just no more time-consuming button-mashing sparring sessions.
I doubt it.

They already have a UFC Trainer game for Kinect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Career mode looks really cool. Before, the training was dumb. 2 minutes of sparring all the time and just pressing a button to gain strength, cardio, and speed. In the trailer in the demo, it showed stuff like flipping a tire and you had to flip it in to the right square (there were 9 of them making one bigger square) and I'm assuming you get it in the right square for more strength points and things like that. That was the only one I really remember. What I do remember is actual training camps like AKA, Greg Jacksons, ATT, etc. and I believe doing training camps at those places is more interactive too. It looks like a big improvement and this is coming from someone who only played the career mode and never online.

Also, PRIDE mode rocks. Holy. So good.
PRIDE is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
Any news on Career mode? I'm not much for the online. Also, how do people like the new submission system?

Is it downloadable on PS3 for free?
Yes, the demo is free. But it's only 1-round (play PRIDE, you get a 10 minute round).

I'll post some Q&A's in a minute.

==================

Q&A's

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:13 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

If anyone is buying this game (and don't care about getting it a few days late, which usually happens with ordering online), I recommend getting it from the THQ website.

You get ALL the DLC for free.

DLC includes;
* Alistair Overeem
* FIGHTER PACK: FIGHT OF THE NIGHT PACK – A collection of fighters who’ve stolen the show on UFC Pay Per Views! (Available March 2012)
* FIGHTER PACK: INTERNATIONAL PACK – A set of UFC’s best fighters from every corner of the globe! (Available April 2012)
* ALL UNLOCKABLES – Unlock over 150 attires and nicknames for instant use! (Available Day 1)
* ULTIMATE FIGHTS: ULTIMATE UPSETS PACK – The unpredictability of the UFC is the focus of this Ultimate Fights collection. Relive some of the most surprising outcomes in the Upsets Pack! (Available March 2012)
* ULTIMATE FIGHTS: MIXED BAG PACK – Download this bundle for a collection of some of UFC's most memorable fights! (Available April 2012)

- Names being thrown around for the fight night pack are; Joe Lauzon (confirmed), Sam Stout, Jake Ellenberger, Stephan Bonnar.
- Names thrown around for the international pack are; Cung Le, Rory McDonald, Jung Chan-Sung, Alexander Gustafsson, Edson Barboza, Hatsu Hioki, Fabricio Werdum, John Hathaway.

I'm not sure if you get the EB Games exclusive content this way though. The EB Games exclusive content is;
* Jason Miller
* Nick Diaz
* Phil Davis
* Brian Stann

Best Buy's exclusive is (again not sure if THQ's season pass covers this);
* Chuck Liddell

EDIT: Just talked to one of the devs on Twitter. The THQ DLC stuff (the 5 things posted above) is $20 worth of DLC content. The EB Games pack and the Best Buy (Liddell) are not part of the "Season Pass." I tweeted him back asking if they would be DLC at a later date (I'm guessing about $1 per fighter since that is the value of Alistair Overeem), so we will see what he says.

EDIT #2: The EB Games pack and Liddell will be DLC at a later date.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Peter Griffin

That whole bonus fighter deal is BS. Every fighter possible should be made available with the games' release. Can you imagine if EA released an NHL game with prominent players missing?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
That whole bonus fighter deal is BS. Every fighter possible should be made available with the games' release. Can you imagine if EA released an NHL game with prominent players missing?
Be happy.

I'm sad Sam Stout is not in (my favourite fighter), but they never even come close to putting in the full roster for WWE (THQ makes WWE as well). Add in the fact that the UFC game has way more legends and WWE fans are the ones who really get screwed.

To be fair, they never had to add the PRIDE stuff, but they did. I'd much prefer that then missing out on some low card fighters. Not to mention, getting most of them for free (pre-order with THQ) isn't really that much of a hassle. I just hope to god Sam Stout makes it in.

---

I ****ing love kneeing people in the head in PRIDE mode. I just rocked Spampage with knees, and then made him tap out in 0:57.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-28-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old
01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
m9

Quote:
You have to pay for a bunch of stuff in NHL too, so its the same unfortunately.

Old
01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Such as? I don't recall paying for anything extra on top of the game's price.

Not a huge issue, I just don't see why it's not possible to release the game with all the fighters available. And I'm not even talking about the guys on the undercards, but guys such as Ellenberger, Gustafsson, McDonald, Barboza etc aren't nobodies. Why make people wait to download them, either for free or a fee?

Old
01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Such as? I don't recall paying for anything extra on top of the game's price.

Not a huge issue, I just don't see why it's not possible to release the game with all the fighters available. And I'm not even talking about the guys on the undercards, but guys such as Ellenberger, Gustafsson, McDonald, Barboza etc aren't nobodies. Why make people wait to download them, either for free or a fee?
If you don't play online, you don't have to pay for anything.

You don't technically have to pay for anything online either, but good luck being competitive without buying a few boosts/boost slots for your BAP. You could probably be competitive in OTP without buying boosts, but if you play club, you're not going to be good without buying them. It takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to unlock them.

I have no idea about paying for HUT, but I'd imagine if you want to be fairly competitive you're going to have to buy packs or you will be stuck with some **** players.

Old
01-28-2012, 01:13 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I pre-ordered it from Gamestop and I'll be getting the Overeem code from THQ since I signed up for it.

Old
01-28-2012, 01:53 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If you don't play online, you don't have to pay for anything.

You don't technically have to pay for anything online either, but good luck being competitive without buying a few boosts/boost slots for your BAP. You could probably be competitive in OTP without buying boosts, but if you play club, you're not going to be good without buying them. It takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long to unlock them.

I have no idea about paying for HUT, but I'd imagine if you want to be fairly competitive you're going to have to buy packs or you will be stuck with some **** players.
This. I play NHL online and it cost me like 30 or 40 bucks to be competitive unless I want to play random game modes for the rest of my life.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM
m9

Just to add I think the DLC is garbage too, but point being this garbage goes on in other games.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:31 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
BS. nothing like this garbage. Imagine if roster updates had to be paid for in NHL. Rookies had to be bought. **** that.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 06:49 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
BS. nothing like this garbage. Imagine if roster updates had to be paid for in NHL. Rookies had to be bought. **** that.
Okay, well they could make you pay for your stats/gear online like NHL does.

NHL has a lot of DLC.. I would wager that I spent a good $15 or so on it.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Okay, well they could make you pay for your stats/gear online like NHL does.

NHL has a lot of DLC.. I would wager that I spent a good $15 or so on it.
But that's online content. When you buy the base game, you should get everything expected with the game, and that's the full roster at the time of release. If you want to spend $15 to be the best online player you can be, that's your prerogative. You shouldn't have to pay any extra or wait months for DLC in order to play as numerous fighters that have had many, many fights with the UFC.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yes, its exactly like this garbage. If you buy NHL to play online like many people do, it exactly the same. I spent over 30 bucks on boost slots and boosts just so I could actually play the game online without guys skating circles around me.

Its a different way of doing it, but its the same basic BS tactics to take peoples money.

The cash grabs in both games are expensive and more importantly annoying. I'd rather they would just charge everyone an extra 10 bucks for the game than put up with this nonsense.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
But that's online content. When you buy the base game, you should get everything expected with the game, and that's the full roster at the time of release. If you want to spend $15 to be the best online player you can be, that's your prerogative. You shouldn't have to pay any extra or wait months for DLC in order to play as numerous fighters that have had many, many fights with the UFC.
Fair enough.

But on the same note, how many players in NHL are actually fairly accurate replicas? Only the main stars in the NHL game look anything like themselves, the rest don't.

UFC could put everyone in the game if they didn't care to make them look like their life counterparts. Generic faces on the right coloured body and only make the Anderson Silva and GSP's look like themselves.

Plus, in UFC you need to get gear right. And tattoos right. In the NHL, they do nothing except faces and still don't half of them right.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:12 PM
CNS
A World Alone

I preordered from EB games so I'm getting their 4 fighters . I really wanted Diaz.

But what is this THQ one? I wouldn't mind getting Reem but I'm not going to pay any more money for him.

Old
01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I preordered from EB games so I'm getting their 4 fighters . I really wanted Diaz.

But what is this THQ one? I wouldn't mind getting Reem but I'm not going to pay any more money for him.
If you go to the game's official facebook page, you can sign up for a free code to be able to download Overeem.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote