HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC Undisputed 3 coming Feb. 14th 2012, Demo released 1/24/11

Old
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
If you go to the game's official facebook page, you can sign up for a free code to be able to download Overeem.
I'm guessing you have to do what everyone else is doing in liking it and then typing "Overeem (Console choice)" on the wall? Seems like a very weird way to go about it.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I'm guessing you have to do what everyone else is doing in liking it and then typing "Overeem (Console choice)" on the wall? Seems like a very weird way to go about it.
That's a fake one. I'd forgotten that I'd come across that one before using the game's website to get to the actual facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UFCUndispute...61379357295384

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If anyone is buying this game (and don't care about getting it a few days late, which usually happens with ordering online), I recommend getting it from the THQ website.

You get ALL the DLC for free.

EDIT: Just talked to one of the devs on Twitter. The THQ DLC stuff (the 5 things posted above) is $20 worth of DLC content. The EB Games pack and the Best Buy (Liddell) are not part of the "Season Pass." I tweeted him back asking if they would be DLC at a later date (I'm guessing about $1 per fighter since that is the value of Alistair Overeem), so we will see what he says.

EDIT #2: The EB Games pack and Liddell will be DLC at a later date.
Hmm. Looks like I'll be hitting up Gamestop this week to get a refund on my pre-order and ordering from THQ. It'll definitely be worth it to get two fighter packs for free instead of just one.

Old
01-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Hmm. Looks like I'll be hitting up Gamestop this week to get a refund on my pre-order and ordering from THQ. It'll definitely be worth it to get two fighter packs for free instead of just one.
Agreed.

All unlockables is pretty nice too.

I have no idea what the other things are though... just videos of fights? Not sure.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

ATTENTION PS3 USERS

Alpha codes are still available. I read about people playing the Alpha, so I thought, what the hell why not give it a shot to find a code. All 360 codes have been used, but a few PS3 codes are still available. I just grabbed mine. I decided to post it here instead of on any other forum for them. Hope this helps everyone!!

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/alpha

---

There is a GSP model confirmed for MW, so he can fight Anderson Silva. There are a few other roster members confirmed as well for being in multiple weight classes. Diego Sanchez is in two weight classes, for example.

Also, fighters can be used in their weight classes for PRIDE. Since PRIDE weight classes are different, some "Dream Fights" will also be available. Here is the breakdown of how the divisions work;

"UFC Bantamweight, Featherweight, and Lightweight = Pride Lightweight"

"UFC Welterweight = Pride Welterweight"

"UFC Middleweight, and, LightHeavyweight = Pride Middleweight"

"UFC Heavyweight = Pride Heavyweight."

Last edited by Bad Natey: 01-29-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old
01-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
I have no idea what the other things are though... just videos of fights? Not sure
I'm assuming they're the playable classic fights like in the last game. Where you can choose either fighter from certain real life fights and you get objectives that relate to re-creating the fight how it happened or re-writing it with a new outcome.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

Downloaded the demo this weekend. Pretty awesome indeed. Can't wait to see how Career Mode turns out.

TribalPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Yes, its exactly like this garbage. If you buy NHL to play online like many people do, it exactly the same. I spent over 30 bucks on boost slots and boosts just so I could actually play the game online without guys skating circles around me.

Its a different way of doing it, but its the same basic BS tactics to take peoples money.

The cash grabs in both games are expensive and more importantly annoying. I'd rather they would just charge everyone an extra 10 bucks for the game than put up with this nonsense.
Uh, "boost slots" are not the same as not having access to certain players. Not remotely close.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:26 AM
m9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, "boost slots" are not the same as not having access to certain players. Not remotely close.
Whatever, you obviously don't get it if you don't play the thing online. Thousands and thousands of other people do, and its an issue for everyone who plays on online teams. If you aren't buying those boost slots, it greatly reduces your ability to play the game. In either game you have to pay a bunch of extra money to fully enjoy the game.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Whatever, you obviously don't get it if you don't play the thing online. Thousands and thousands of other people do, and its an issue for everyone who plays on online teams. If you aren't buying those boost slots, it greatly reduces your ability to play the game. In either game you have to pay a bunch of extra money to fully enjoy the game.
I don't give a **** about online play. I am talking about the fact that the rosters are not complete. That effects the core of the game.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:41 AM
m9

Quote:
I don't give a **** about online play. I am talking about the fact that the rosters are not complete. That effects the core of the game.
That was my point - it doesn't effect you so you clearly don't get it. Just like missing a few fighters won't effect the vast majority of casual MMA fans buying the game.

Anyways, both situations piss me off. I got over the $ in NHL because the game was good, so hopefully this game's good too.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
I love how you clearly ignored my reply.

Would you rather UFC more like NHL with full rosters?

NHL gets like 50 players that look themselves and it's just faces. UFC has to do faces, bodies, tattoos, tights, everything.

NHL makes about 50 players look like their real life counterpart and then through a bunch of generic heads on bodies for the rest of the players.

UFC could include the full roster if you didn't mind 50% of the guys looking the exact same.

I could say the same thing about NHL. When I see Andrei Kostitsyn score a goal and he looks like John Blow from 124 Robert Street in Ontario... that effects the core of the game.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 126
Even though I'm not much of a UFC fan these days, I am downloading the new demo as we speak.

I enjoyed playing UFC Undisputed 2009 and 2010 so I figured why not try this too? And if I like this I might buy it when it goes down in price.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:31 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I love how you clearly ignored my reply.

Would you rather UFC more like NHL with full rosters?

NHL gets like 50 players that look themselves and it's just faces. UFC has to do faces, bodies, tattoos, tights, everything.

NHL makes about 50 players look like their real life counterpart and then through a bunch of generic heads on bodies for the rest of the players.

UFC could include the full roster if you didn't mind 50% of the guys looking the exact same.

I could say the same thing about NHL. When I see Andrei Kostitsyn score a goal and he looks like John Blow from 124 Robert Street in Ontario... that effects the core of the game.
I don't care what they look like, really. But the UFC games have also removed fighters in the past for no real reason, from what I remember. Doing faces is pretty easy. I don't mind them getting every tattoo correct.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

This demo is awesome been figuring the ins and outs of the game but one thing im still working on is using the plum hold with wanderlei silva. Does anyone know how to work it well?

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Sam Stout made it in so now I'm sold!

Quote:
UFC 3 DLC Season Pass program, which you can get FREE by pre-ordering UFC Undisputed 3 now at the THQ Store.

UFC Undisputed 3 Downloadable Content (DLC) Fighter Packs

Fight of the Night Pack (March 2012) Featuring UFC fighters renowned for having the most exciting fights of the night – Joe Lauzon, Rory MacDonald, Charles Oliveira and Sam Stout, along with former UFC fighter Anthony Johnson – the Fight of the Night Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network in March 2012.

International Pack (April 2012) Featuring UFC fighters “The Korean Zombie” Jung Chan-Sung, England’s John Hathaway, Germany’s Pascal Kraus, Australia’s Kyle Noke and Italian Alessio Sakara, the International Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network in April 2012.

Ultimate Fights Collections

Ultimate Submission (FREE AT LAUNCH FOR EVERYONE) The Ultimate Submissions collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include: UFC 109: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago UFC 115: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry UFC 116: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin UFC Fight Night 19: Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard UFC Fight Night 21: Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi Ultimate Rival (FREE AT LAUNCH FOR EVERYONE)

The Ultimate Rivals collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include: UFC 92: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva UFC 111: Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy UFC 114: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans UFC 117: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen The Ultimate Fighter® Season 9: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida Ultimate Upsets (MARCH 2012)

The Ultimate Upsets collection, currently scheduled for release in March 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network, will include: UFC 92: Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira UFC 109: Chael Sonnen vs. Nate Marquardt UFC 112: Frankie Edgar vs. BJ Penn UFC 116: Chris Leben vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama UFC 121: Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar Mixed Bag (APRIL 2012) The Mixed Bag collection, currently scheduled for release in April 2012 at a suggested purchase cost of 400 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $4.99 USD via PlayStation Network, will include:

Best of PRIDE® – Final Conflict 2003: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Mirko Cro Cop Submissions – UFC 125: Takanori Gomi vs. Clay Guida Upsets – UFC 110: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos Rivals – UFC 124: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle Knockouts – UFC 120: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit Alistair Overeem (get him Free on our Facebook)

UFC Heavyweight Championship contender Alistair Overeem will be available at launch for consumers who participated in the limited time promotional offer on facebook.com/UFCUndisputed, our official Facebook page for UFC Undisputed 3. In addition, in addition, “The Reem” will be available for a suggested purchase cost of 80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $0.99 USD via PlayStation Network in March 2012.

Create-a-Fighter Boost (Launch, Feb 14th) Enabling players to acquire additional points for created fighter development and save an estimated 8-10 hours of gameplay, the Create-a-Fighter Boost will be available at launch for a suggested purchase cost of 240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $2.99 USD via PlayStation Network.

All Unlockables (Launch, Feb 14th) The All Unlockables offering will be available at launch for a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $1.99 USD via PlayStation Network.

UFC 3 SEASON PASS PROGRAM: >>>GET IT FREE NOW AT THQ STORE There is NO better way to get our UFC Undisputed 3 Downloadable Content than with our Season Pass program, which guarantees you almost all of our DLC content with over 25% savings. After you read the details below, then trigger your finger to CLICK HERE to get the Season pass program FREE with your pre-order of UFC 3 at the THQ Store. YES, all that value and DLC, FREE!

WHAT IS THE SEASON PASS PROGRAM? At launch (Feb 14th), you can purchase the UFC Undisputed 3 Season Pass to save over 25% on future downloadable packs! The Season Pass includes: Fighter Packs – Fight of the Night Pack and International Pack Ultimate Fights Packs – Ultimate Upsets and Mixed Bag UFC Heavyweight Championship contender Alistair Overeem All Unlockables

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST? A one-time purchase cost of 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 or $16.99 USD via PlayStation Network. This will save you over 25% if you were to buy the above DLC content individually. WHAT DLC CONTENT DOES THE SEASON PASS NOT INCLUDE? The Contenders Pack (Gamestop pre-order exclusive, will be available to purchase 90-days post launch) Create a Fighter Boost (Amazon pre-order exclusive, will be available to purchase at launch) Online Pass - all new copies of UFC 3 contain this for FREE, used copies must purchase.

HOW DO I GET MY DLC CONTENT WITH THE SEASON PASS? If you own the Season Pass, all content should be accessed in-game AND NOT DOWNLOADED from Xbox LIVE Marketplace/PSN, or you will be charged twice. Once you purchase the season pass, you will be granted access to the DLC noted above as it is made available. You will be able to automatically access the content in-game.

IF I PRE-ORDER AT THE THQ STORE, WHEN DO I GET MY SEASON PASS? You will receive an e-mail at launch that contains a token/code to redeem your Season Pass on XBOX Live Marketplace or the Playstation Store Network. What are you waiting for?! Get your Season Pass free now with you pre-order at the THQ Store and get psyched for our downloadable content launching with UFC Undisputed 3 on February 14th.

Old
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Ah, so perhaps THQ finally was tired of lying to buyers about DLC.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 126
So what's everyone's verdict on this demo?

Personally I really like it, it seems way better than UFC Undisputed 2009 and 2010. And I'm not even a big UFC fan, but this so far is a must buy.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So what's everyone's verdict on this demo?

Personally I really like it, it seems way better than UFC Undisputed 2009 and 2010. And I'm not even a big UFC fan, but this so far is a must buy.
I like UFC but I only watch it once in a blue moon.

I just put in my pre-order for the game on THQ though (for the free Season Pass that costs $17 otherwise).

It might be a little later getting to me, but I have so many games on the go that I'm not too worried.

Demo was very fun.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Already pre-ordered awhile with a trade 2 get $50 through EB, so while not surprised, am pleased that it got a 9/10 on IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218315p1.html

Another decent review free from wordiness:
http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/02...uted-3-review/

Oh, I skipped the last iteration because I wasn't convinced it was that much of an upgrade over '09, which I still own to this day. I'm hoping this will feel like double the game that '09 was. I'm pumped for Pride rules with stomps and head kicks

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Already pre-ordered awhile with a trade 2 get $50 through EB, so while not surprised, am pleased that it got a 9/10 on IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218315p1.html

Another decent review free from wordiness:
http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/02...uted-3-review/

Oh, I skipped the last iteration because I wasn't convinced it was that much of an upgrade over '09, which I still own to this day. I'm hoping this will feel like double the game that '09 was. I'm pumped for Pride rules with stomps and head kicks
Game Trailers gave it an 8.7 too. So it's getting pretty great scores.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/ufc-undisputed-3/14959

Old
02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Got a confirmation email that mine shipped at some point. Hoping it gets here tomorrow so I can be forever alone on Valentines day with the game

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Got a confirmation email that mine shipped at some point. Hoping it gets here tomorrow so I can be forever alone on Valentines day with the game
My thinking as well.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Fanpuck33

My copy is one state away as of 11 this morning, so hopefully it gets to the local post office in the morning to be shipped out and awaiting me when I get home.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:00 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
My copy is one state away as of 11 this morning, so hopefully it gets to the local post office in the morning to be shipped out and awaiting me when I get home.
Mine won't even tell me where it's at since the tracking number starts with a "9".

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote