HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC Undisputed 3 coming Feb. 14th 2012, Demo released 1/24/11

Old
02-15-2012, 06:50 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
Finally got the Overeem DLC code.
same here

all ****ing 25 digits of it....SERIOUSLY?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:28 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
same here

all ****ing 25 digits of it....SERIOUSLY?
I know right?

Why do these DLC codes have to be so damn long. lol.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan MD View Post
I know right?

Why do these DLC codes have to be so damn long. lol.
I just realized that I can connect a USB keyboard to my 360....makes it much easier, but still, why so damn long?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Got mine in the mail today. One more hour of class and I can get on and fight my way to a title. I don't like how they have the dlc fighters sorta hidden. Took me a few minutes to find Nick Diaz but after I did, I knocked out Condit before class

Also, the ps3 code is only 12 digits. That's what you get for buying a 360

cnshockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Fanpuck33

So, I successfully downloaded the season pass. I then downloaded the unlockable items and Overeem. The shop items all show up, but Overeem is nowhere to be found. Anyone else having Overeem issues using the THQ Season Pass?

Last edited by Fanpuck33: 02-15-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I love this game.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
So, I successfully downloaded the season pass. I then downloaded the unlockable items and Overeem. The shop items all show up, but Overeem is nowhere to be found. Anyone else having Overeem issues using the THQ Season Pass?
If you downloaded it correctly, go in to exhibition, UFC, set for HW division, and when you're picking your fighter use your left stick and move it right twice and it should go to the DLC fighters.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If you downloaded it correctly, go in to exhibition, UFC, set for HW division, and when you're picking your fighter use your left stick and move it right twice and it should go to the DLC fighters.
Thanks! I only had a few minutes to check everything out and cycling to the side definitely never occurred to me, haha.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 10:36 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanpuck33 View Post
Thanks! I only had a few minutes to check everything out and cycling to the side definitely never occurred to me, haha.
Happened to me too. I went in to a fight with a welterweight Diaz vs Condit and took me to the intro of the fighters to realize it was Nate.... and then when I did that I found Nick. Such a stupid thing cause its not easy to find out

Old
02-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

i am enjoying the game so far. Did the tutorial mode. Lot of variety.

Won the belt with Jones, on Normal (I think it's normal) pretty easily. Got rocked a few times and had a bit of trouble working past people's guard, but not that impossible.

Honestly, in playing it, I really enjoy takedowns and then passing guard to ground and pound. They've certainly come a long way.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:01 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Only took me 5 years to become an HOFer with a Pride GP under my two title belts Fun game, really addictive. I like the much more streamlined career mode and getting to the fights much sooner without all that "resting" crap. I mean, it's obvious there has to be rest in between training but you don't have to include that in the career mode, I appreciate that now it's just a given and you can focus on training twice and then the fight.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Only took me 5 years to become an HOFer with a Pride GP under my two title belts Fun game, really addictive. I like the much more streamlined career mode and getting to the fights much sooner without all that "resting" crap. I mean, it's obvious there has to be rest in between training but you don't have to include that in the career mode, I appreciate that now it's just a given and you can focus on training twice and then the fight.
Exactly. And same thing with me. Two belts, PRIDE GP title, going for my 2nd.

Whats really weird and a big flaw is that my fighter started as a LHW (so I could beat Jones down, which I did) and then I moved down to Middleweight after dominating for a few years and when I went in the PRIDE GP, I went in as a welterweight. So I dropped down two weight classes from my start weight.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
So I bought the game today and started a career in career mode with a fighter I created. Will I get to fight in PRIDE with my created fighter? Or is that only possible if I started a career in career mode with a real PRIDE or UFC fighter?

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So I bought the game today and started a career in career mode with a fighter I created. Will I get to fight in PRIDE with my created fighter? Or is that only possible if I started a career in career mode with a real PRIDE or UFC fighter?
You will be able to fight in PRIDE. How it works is after you start establishing your fighter, there will be an offer to take a fight in PRIDE and that will be the first fight of your GP tourney and then after that, you have no choice on your next fights until you either lose or win the tourney.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:03 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Man make a JJ fighter, its so fun learning all the reversals especially if you're with black house. Plus rubber guard is soo over-powered.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:41 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Exactly. And same thing with me. Two belts, PRIDE GP title, going for my 2nd.

Whats really weird and a big flaw is that my fighter started as a LHW (so I could beat Jones down, which I did) and then I moved down to Middleweight after dominating for a few years and when I went in the PRIDE GP, I went in as a welterweight. So I dropped down two weight classes from my start weight.
Yeah I was a 6'1 LW kickboxer and was dropped down to 145 and obviously just physically dominated with my reach

Are you running into training issues around year 7/8? I got my guy to 95/95 speed, and now all of a sudden every fight in Year 7 I can't do any training without my speed dropping 5 points, no matter what mini-game I do. I'm hating the stat gains/decreases

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:55 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
and then I moved down to Middleweight after dominating for a few years and when I went in the PRIDE GP, I went in as a welterweight. So I dropped down two weight classes from my start weight.
The Pride welterweight division = 183 lbs, they had their weight classes named differently.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

haha i still dont have my copy from thq yet they've really made me a happy customer this year with this and WWE

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Yeah I was a 6'1 LW kickboxer and was dropped down to 145 and obviously just physically dominated with my reach

Are you running into training issues around year 7/8? I got my guy to 95/95 speed, and now all of a sudden every fight in Year 7 I can't do any training without my speed dropping 5 points, no matter what mini-game I do. I'm hating the stat gains/decreases
I'm not that far in to mine but yeah I'm at the point where whatever I do, something has to go down. And most of my stats are still in the 60s minus my kicks and punches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
The Pride welterweight division = 183 lbs, they had their weight classes named differently.
Right. Brainfart moment for me Thanks for the reminder. Cause at first I was like um...when was the last time there was a 6'8" welterweight?

Old
02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

Hey has anyone noticed that despite whatever weight you make your heavyweight created fighter in Career Mode it says he is 210 lbs. in the game? Not really a big deal but just kind of takes away from the realism of it.

Awkward glitch IMO.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:01 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

Finally got to Pride mode with my created fighter in Career mode after defending my UFC Heavyweight belt four times.

Pride is so awesome IMO.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:25 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Finally got to Pride mode with my created fighter in Career mode after defending my UFC Heavyweight belt four times.

Pride is so awesome IMO.
Yeah its just so much fun to play. I take PRIDE fights over UFC ones every time. Soccer kicking downed opponents in the face is fun. I'm a sick man

Old
02-17-2012, 11:38 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

^^

Amen. A solely PRIDE fighting video game would be sick IMO.

Old
02-18-2012, 02:39 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
^^

Amen. A solely PRIDE fighting video game would be sick IMO.
I don't think we'll ever see one but for next year (and yes I'm already talking next years game ), I think they should add in an option to fight PRIDE only in a career because I know a lot of people would love that.

Also, am I the only one that likes that some of the training exercises are actually sorta hard? Makes it so you can't just build a superstar fighter really easily compared to last year.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

Quote:
I don't think we'll ever see one but for next year (and yes I'm already talking next years game :laugh, I think they should add in an option to fight PRIDE only in a career because I know a lot of people would love that.

Also, am I the only one that likes that some of the training exercises are actually sorta hard? Makes it so you can't just build a superstar fighter really easily compared to last year.
Yes please.