HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Are our vaunted Rock Crushers dead already?

Old
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Professor Pickles

vCash: 500
Are our vaunted Rock Crushers dead already?

How will we go on from here? 2012 came early, I guess. My one regret was I never saw a hockey game in a ski resort w/ 21 moms and girlfriends, I mean other "fans".

Professor Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:10 PM
arlingtonway

well the team's web site is back up, Thousand Islands and Akwesasne are going to be at the tryout camp the rock crushers are running on June 10th (according to the web site).

so do you have new information?

arlingtonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 01:31 PM
billycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlingtonway View Post
well the team's web site is back up, Thousand Islands and Akwesasne are going to be at the tryout camp the rock crushers are running on June 10th (according to the web site).

so do you have new information?
Ya, looks like it was a false alarm. Rumours floating that it was the league that was having some issues.

So the Rock Crushers are back and ready for the season!

billycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

[QUOTE=Professor Pickles;33375113]How will we go on from here? 2012 came early, I guess. My one regret was I never saw a hockey game in a ski resort w/ 21 moms and girlfriends, I mean other "fans".[/QUOTE]

Nice one Pickles. So you live in Vermont? What's it like? I'm not big on the whole FHL stuff but I kinda wanna see a game at a ski resort.

and 2012 is a hoax, like Rapture was.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
billycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Pickles View Post
How will we go on from here? 2012 came early, I guess. My one regret was I never saw a hockey game in a ski resort w/ 21 moms and girlfriends, I mean other "fans".

Nice one Pickles. So you live in Vermont? What's it like? I'm not big on the whole FHL stuff but I kinda wanna see a game at a ski resort.

and 2012 is a hoax, like Rapture was.
I used to live in Vermont and I love the state. Have not be up to Jay Peak yet, but the state is hockey crazy. Jay Peak has invested a lot of money into the resort, but again, another small rink.

Old
06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycanuck View Post
I used to live in Vermont and I love the state. Have not be up to Jay Peak yet, but the state is hockey crazy. Jay Peak has invested a lot of money into the resort, but again, another small rink.
What are you doing in NOVA SCOTIA then if you love Vermont?

So if the state is Hockey crazy(with a D1 program)any chance you could ever see an ECHL or AHL team up that way or does the D1 program sort of kill that thought?

-Side note, I LOVE Maple Syrup(which comes from Vermont)

Old
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
billycanuck

Quote:
What are you doing in NOVA SCOTIA then if you love Vermont?

So if the state is Hockey crazy(with a D1 program)any chance you could ever see an ECHL or AHL team up that way or does the D1 program sort of kill that thought?

-Side note, I LOVE Maple Syrup(which comes from Vermont)
Great maple syrup there! The state is too small to get a ECHL or AHL franchise. Burlington has the largest metro population and the U of Vermont is the top hockey ticket in town. But Norwich University and Middlebury College have beautiful hockey facilities and have a surprising amount of season ticket holders for D3 hockey programs.

I hope to eventually end up living in Vermont, but gotta get my US green card first. Working on that right now.

Old
06-03-2011, 05:44 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Great maple syrup there! The state is too small to get a ECHL or AHL franchise. Burlington has the largest metro population and the U of Vermont is the top hockey ticket in town. But Norwich University and Middlebury College have beautiful hockey facilities and have a surprising amount of season ticket holders for D3 hockey programs.

I hope to eventually end up living in Vermont, but gotta get my US green card first. Working on that right now.
Norwich generally fields a good team, so does Middlebury I think....I recall seeing them win it all HERE in 06. They beat our team who made a phantom magical run late just to get in and they made it to the Frozen Four which was hosted by our downtown Arena(EC plays in the middle of nowhere)though, the Arena was ORIGINALLY intended for the team, thats why our seats are purple. Anyway, the Middlebury people certainly seemed very IVY Leagueish, they were really knowledgeable about things, but they certainly lacked some common sense, lol. Good times though.

How did you live in Vermont before without a green card?

Old
06-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
Norwich generally fields a good team, so does Middlebury I think....I recall seeing them win it all HERE in 06. They beat our team who made a phantom magical run late just to get in and they made it to the Frozen Four which was hosted by our downtown Arena(EC plays in the middle of nowhere)though, the Arena was ORIGINALLY intended for the team, thats why our seats are purple. Anyway, the Middlebury people certainly seemed very IVY Leagueish, they were really knowledgeable about things, but they certainly lacked some common sense, lol. Good times though.

I lived in New York without a green car, I had an F-1 visa for students.

Cornwall OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
billycanuck

Quote:

I did my undergrad in Vermont. Also studied in Michigan and Ontario, and Vermont was by far the best place.

Old
06-04-2011, 03:31 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I did my undergrad in Vermont. Also studied in Michigan and Ontario, and Vermont was by far the best place.
MIchigan? As in Michigan University in Ann Arbor? Thats a top flight institution! Dang Billy. What did you study then? So how long ago did you study in Vermont?

Old
06-04-2011, 03:44 AM
billycanuck

Quote:
MIchigan? As in Michigan University in Ann Arbor? Thats a top flight institution! Dang Billy. What did you study then? So how long ago did you study in Vermont?
Haha, no I wish it was U of M, I was in the upper peninsula. Studied business though, lived in Vermont for 2 years. My fiance is from Vermont, so we visit regularly.

Haven't been to Elmira yet, but have driven the 90 and 81 4 times.

I hope to catch a Rock Crushers game this year. Very curious to see how the rink set up is.

Old
06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Haha, no I wish it was U of M, I was in the upper peninsula. Studied business though, lived in Vermont for 2 years. My fiance is from Vermont, so we visit regularly.

Haven't been to Elmira yet, but have driven the 90 and 81 4 times.

I hope to catch a Rock Crushers game this year. Very curious to see how the rink set up is.
If you studied business and love/know hockey so much....you should be working in Hockey! Haha.

If you go to a game, let us know what it's like...maybe even a couple of pics. An arena at a ski resort sounds kinda cool..