HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Thrashers prospects are worth taking??

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2004, 02:57 AM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Which Thrashers prospects are worth taking??

Hi, I'm in a league that is starting up with a draft. The draft takes the top two C's, top 2 LW's, top 2 RW's, top 4 defenseman and top two goalies of each team. So chances are I won't have Kovalchuk and Heatley etc... I get to pick 9 prospects from the Thrashers, their top 4 picks in this years draft and another 5 from other years. Since the top two lines of forwards and defense are gone, there is no real particular need. Looking at players potential, which of the other 5 (excluding the 2004 draft class) should I take? It's a sim league so HF ratings will matter most...which players would get the higher rankings now and possibly the future?

Aside from Lehtonen and Coburn, which others would be good picks? I probably won't be creating them all right away, so which prospects' future HF ratings will probably be good? Thanks!

Old
07-18-2004, 07:19 AM
SlimJater

Can you switch the 3rd and 5th round picks in the 2004 draft? Gracik could turn out to be a point producer in the NHL if he maintains his pace as he jumps levels.

Besides Lehtonen and Coburn, Sharrow, Slater, Stewart, and Garnett have the best chances of turning into NHLers.

Old
07-18-2004, 02:20 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJater
Can you switch the 3rd and 5th round picks in the 2004 draft? Gracik could turn out to be a point producer in the NHL if he maintains his pace as he jumps levels.

Besides Lehtonen and Coburn, Sharrow, Slater, Stewart, and Garnett have the best chances of turning into NHLers.
Thanks for the response SlimJater. I'm hoping to be able to switch those picks. Gracik looks like he could be a good one and was the 5th player taken by the Thrashers, so I wouldn't be able to get him.

Between these guys, which will likely have the better HF rating in the future:
Karl Stewart or Chad Painchaud?
Jim Slater or Brad Schell?
Ilja Nikulin or Nathan Oystrick?

Old
07-18-2004, 05:02 PM
15+17=Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Thanks for the response SlimJater. I'm hoping to be able to switch those picks. Gracik looks like he could be a good one and was the 5th player taken by the Thrashers, so I wouldn't be able to get him.

Stuart, Slater and Nikulin (never heard much about Oystrick and the bit I have heard hasn't blown me away)

Old
07-18-2004, 08:20 PM
wildcat 15

Send a message via AIM to wildcat 15
Oystrick is good!! I've watched him play the last two years! He's a great blue-liner, and this past year he's gotten a lot bolder with taking shots, which makes him a real force on the ice.

Old
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
theo6060

Any other opinions on this??

Old
07-22-2004, 12:49 AM
FrenchKheldar

Stewart, Slater and Nikulin but Nikulin is a high risk/(hopefully) high reward player... Might never see the NHL...

Closed Thread