HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF: Boston Bruins (3) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) (Part 3)

View Poll Results: Series Outcome
Vancouver in 4 48 16.49%
Vancouver in 5 118 40.55%
Vancouver in 6 51 17.53%
Vancouver in 7 6 2.06%
Boston in 5 4 1.37%
Boston in 6 30 10.31%
Boston in 7 34 11.68%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Towelie*

vCash: 500

That is weird, Bruins fans assured everyone that Bergeron and Co would shut down the Sedin line and nullify them.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Canucker1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
I didn't think Burrows should've been suspended. In the regular season, yeah, he definitely should've. Maybe even in the first or second round, but not in the Finals. It was clear as day that he bit him, and is a 1000% deplorable, weasel move
If you stick your finger down somebodies throat, expect it to get bit.

So, as I see it, Bergeron's fault for sticking his finger in there. If Burrows had attacked the finger, its a whole different story, but he didn't.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
do you really want to risk Lucic taking a Chara slapper off his injured toe/foot?
I think it is worth the risk. It happens far less frequently then it would seem (ie he hits one of our guys) and if hes not down there, who else would it be? Recchi? no, I want him off the PP. Horton? Maybe, but i think he is more effective shooting wrist shots from the circles and crashing on net plays. Ryder? I dont think hes ever done it, plus same as horton. Krejci? Bergeron? Seguin? Self explanatory.

Its the stanley cup finals, everything is on the line at this point.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler CJC View Post
That is weird, Bruins fans assured everyone that Bergeron and Co would shut down the Sedin line and nullify them.
Is that chart based on one freakin' game?

It's time for another game...

Old
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Catamarca Livin

I do not see Ramond getting hit hard. Seinberg took a penalty for kneeing Boydchuk got a piece of him once. Raymond is one of the harder players in the league to hit hard. I would be more concerned about Ference and Lucic they took the most hard hits in game one. About replacing Hamhuis minutes. He was hurt in the second period so he did not play 26 minutes and the Canucks best period was playing with 5 defenseman without Hamhuis. I imagine Ballard will play 15minutes or less, with Edler and Salo getting more ice time. It would be better with Hamhuis in but the d is still solid.
On a different note the Bruins defense was physical but who from the forwards can raise their physical play let's rank the most physical players from the top 3 lines.

1)Lucic on reputation can destroy people, though seems like Torres not many hits.
2)Torres does not hit often but removes players from series
3)Lapierre most hits from forwards in playoffs
4)Hansen most hits from canuck forward regular season, can hit fast players
5)Horton not two many hits but physical in puck battles
6)Kesler probably should be higher but does not always finish hits
7)Higgins finishes hits hard maybe best canuck in the corners.
8)Marchant lots of effort small but a competitor
9)Burrows look at Marchant
10)Bergeon use to be good hitter concussion have him not looking to hit
11)Kelly not afraid to go to dirty areas
12) Ryder fairly big doesn't hit
13)Rechi conserves energy solid on skates
14)Peverly ???
15)Raymond to small to make impact but good forchecker
16)Krejii takes some nice hits???
17&18)Sedins though Henrik hit Bergeon hard in game one they make it though whole season with around 10 hits, Kaberle like.

I only write this out to show if Lucic and Horton are not physical factors where will the Bruins physical forward play come from? Marchant, Bergeon??? Marchant like Burrows can hound a puck but he will not wear down any d. The Canucks third line is always physical, the second line with Kesler and Higgins can be physical, i see this as an advantage over the Bruins who have one line that can hit the d man, and they do not always do it. This is just counting the top 3 line the Canucks 4th although crappy is physical while the Bruins without Thronton, have Campbell who is like Burrows, Seguin who is 19. The Big Bad Bruins have very good fighters but inbetween the whistles i think their so called physical advantage is a mirage.

Forgot Paille who is quit physical still does not change point that Canuck forwards more physical than Bruins forwards.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I only write this out to show if Lucic and Horton are not physical factors where will the Bruins physical forward play come from? Marchant, Bergeon??? Marchant like Burrows can hound a puck but he will not wear down any d. The Canucks third line is always physical, the second line with Kesler and Higgins can be physical, i see this as an advantage over the Bruins who have one line that can hit the d man, and they do not always do it. This is just counting the top 3 line the Canucks 4th although crappy is physical while the Bruins without Thronton, have Campbell who is like Burrows, Seguin who is 19. The Big Bad Bruins have very good fighters but inbetween the whistles i think their so called physical advantage is a mirage.

Forgot Paille who is quit physical still does not change point that Canuck forwards more physical than Bruins forwards.
Edited so as to not have too big of a post.

All of the bruins forwards outside of Seguin are great along the boards, I think that is where a lot of the toughness factor comes in. All 4 lines can develop effective cycles and are very good at winning puck battles along the boards. In terms of hitting, they all finish their checks, although so will see ryder/seguin/krecji not finish more then I would like.

I don't know if you were expecting tons of open ice hitting, but that really wasn't how the game unfolded. The bruins get their hard hitting reputation from puck battles and hard fore checking. Most of the big open ice hits come from the defensemen (mostly boychuk) and occasionally Marchand will line someone up. The style they play calls for discipline in the neutral zone which means less people getting out of position going for a hard, open ice hit.

Old
06-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Backhand Saucer Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
I can't be the only one who thinks that every fan music video is just horribly embarrassing?
You most certainly aren't. Even the "best" ones are still completely awful. My favorite is when the people in the video are wearing counterfeit jerseys, just awesome.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:02 PM
seeking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post

I couldn't even watch that all it was so cringe worthy.
I liked it so much I watched it 15 times

Old
06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
skg

Malhotra will be skating at practice today. Da da dummmm.

http://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma

Old
06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post

hmmmmmm

Old
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
TOML

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post

Same guy who said Hamhuis will be in too because his injury wasn't all that bad?

Actually, this skate is Manny's last ditch effort to get into the playoffs. Good luck to him.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:13 PM
skg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Same guy who said Hamhuis will be in too because his injury wasn't all that bad?

Actually, this skate is Manny's last ditch effort to get into the playoffs. Good luck to him.
I believe that was someone else who tweeted that and Kuzma just responded to it.

edit: Murphy just saw Maholtra carrying his gear into UBC.

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsnetmurph

Old
06-03-2011, 01:16 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Savard got suspended Burrows didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
he absolutely did not get suspended for biting carcillo,

Old
06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

@sportsnetmurph: Manny Malhotra skating on fourth line with Tambellini and Oreskovich. At first glance it looks like he is a go for game 2.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
miked1101

Quote:
Canadian Press

11/28/2003

TORONTO - Centre Marc Savard of the Atlanta Thrashers was suspended one game by the NHL for biting Toronto Maple Leafs winger Darcy Tucker in a game Thursday night.

Savard, who will forfeit $11,111.11 US, will miss Saturday's game against Tampa Bay and will be eligible to return Monday at Pittsburgh.

Savard was ejected after he bit Tucker's glove during a scuffle early in the third period of Toronto's 3-1 win over Atlanta. Savard was given a penalty for attempt to injure.

"Things like that happen in a game, I guess," Tucker said. "I looked at the ref and he said he didn't see it, but the linesman called it."
So he bit Carcillo and Tucker?

Old
06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
@sportsnetmurph: Manny Malhotra skating on fourth line with Tambellini and Oreskovich. At first glance it looks like he is a go for game 2.
It seems that Dr's appointment may have been to make sure there would be no damage done.

If true, this is going to be a massive lift!

Old
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
MikeyD*

Let's go manny!

Old
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
It seems that Dr's appointment may have been to make sure there would be no damage done.

If true, this is going to be a massive lift!
Yeah sure would

On another note what do Canuck fans think about AV dressing 7 D the way the 4th line gets under 7 min a 7th d man could free up minutes for the top 4

Old
06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Please, please, please be good to go for game 2!!!!!!!! The weather is going to be awesome for the game as well. Crowds will be massive. If Manny plays everyone will erupt.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
Yeah sure would

On another note what do Canuck fans think about AV dressing 7 D the way the 4th line gets under 7 min a 7th d man could free up minutes for the top 4
I think it leaves the 4th line and fwd's thin. Defenceman are used to playing 20+ minutes, but some fwd's are not and should it go to 2 or 3 Ot's it could mae a difference.

Having fresh forwards to help the D is better than fresh D when you need some goals to win.

I wouldn't do it personally.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
he absolutely did not get suspended for biting carcillo,
Careful there. It's in poor taste to structurally demolish a losing team's perceived moral high ground.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Savard got suspended Burrows didn't.
No he didn't. No need to outright lie to attempt to prove a point. He played in the next game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=300505015

Old
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Stefan It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler CJC View Post

Are these scoring chances or Corsi shot on goal ratings?

Old
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
TOML

Quote:
That guy also says Alberts in, not Ballard. Rome to pair with Bieksa.

Wow. I didn't know Rome was that awesome...

Meanwhile, Malhotra practicing means nothing. He could just be in a 'teacher' role still, like he's been since the injury.

Old
06-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
I think it leaves the 4th line and fwd's thin. Defenceman are used to playing 20+ minutes, but some fwd's are not and should it go to 2 or 3 Ot's it could mae a difference.

Having fresh forwards to help the D is better than fresh D when you need some goals to win.

I wouldn't do it personally.
AV sits the 4th line after 2 periods anyways so overtime or not wouldn't make a difference

Closed Thread