HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would Wolski cost LA?

Old
06-02-2011, 11:55 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
What would Wolski cost LA?

Just wondering what NYR fans thought would be a fair return for Wolski. It appears the NYR need to shed some salary to sign UFA Richards and their own RFA. IMO Wolski brings the kind of speed and skill up front LA really lacks. Being a LW and able to play C also really is a need for LA.
I saw him as an ideal LW for Kopitar a few years back when he was in COL but doubted the teams would make a deal. However it seems much more likely that a deal between LA-NYR can now be reached.

LA-Wolski
NYR-?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

late round pick and no salary coming back!
or how about the ever popular "Future Considerations"?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

3rd round pick? If not, we'll take a 4th.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
17futurecap

Would not expect much speed from Wolski.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

or better yet, how about Gaborik and Wolski for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Ail
k.

Anything that doesn't bring back more salary.

06-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

A 2nd or 3rd round pick

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:11 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Based on CapGeek probably the only two people LA would want to even think about trading is Willie Mitchell which could be an interesting proposition and Justin Williams who is singed long term.
Not a good match.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:12 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Based on CapGeek probably the only two people LA would want to even think about trading is Willie Mitchell which could be an interesting proposition and Justin Williams who is singed long term.
Not a good match.
We don't need to match salaries (meaning get a player back)

LA has plenty of cap space where they could simply absorb the salary.

06-03-2011, 12:19 AM
BPD

What is this idea that the rangers need to shed salary?

We've got approximately 20 million in space, ffs!

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I Am Classless

Remember Alex Frolov?

Wolski looked like that when he was over here with a little more of an eye for goal and a little less hustle.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:26 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

To NYR: 2nd

To LA: Wolski, 4th

Does that work?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:30 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
What is this idea that the rangers need to shed salary?

We've got approximately 20 million in space, ffs!
thats 20 mil for only 13 guys signed...then you need to give decent raises to dubinsky, callahan, anisimov, boyle and sauer, add 2-3 dmen. replace prospal and fedotenko...and then add richards for approx $7 mil.

thats ALOT to get done within that $20 mil without dumping any salary/buyouts. and forget about an upgrades besides richards from that 20 mil...

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 12:44 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I think Wolski would do quite well playing with Kopitar. Exactly the type of player he needs to play with to excel. Exactly the type of player the Rangers lack. I think a 2nd rounder would be nice given that we no longer have any. I also think the bi-polar Ranger fans really under value his contribution and skill. We just aren't a good fit for him much like Frolov was not a good fit for us but he still has value. Without Wolski, we probably would not have made the playoffs as he surely secured us a few points with his shoot-out performances where he is still money. If he stays with the Rangers, I see him getting around 40 points but with the Kings and Kopitar, 60 points. A lot of fans will think getting a 2nd is too much but I would think Sather, of all people could extract that much for the Polish Prince (that is not Marius Czerkawski)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:22 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

My first thought when I saw this thread was don't let this guy get away! Get Slats on the phone. No reasonable offer refused. We tote the note.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Chalfdiggity3

ill take a 2nd for wolski. Although im torn with who i would rather buy out being Wolski or Drury ..

Drurys buyout we end up having to pay 3m then 2m.. but atleast we rid ourselves of a useless player and gain 3m in capspace.. Plus we get to keep wolski and try him on the wing with gaborik and whatever center we acquire..

Wolski buyout.. id rather trade him for draft picks honestly. rid ourselves of close to 4m this year.. then at the end of the year we get the FULL 7m off the books for good.. But thing is i think with Gaborik and hopefully Richards, he would be a 50-60pt player

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 03:24 AM
eco's bones

How about either Loktionov or Toffoli straight up?

Or Martin Jones and a 2nd?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
JimmyStart*

3rd or 4th depending how desperately we need to free up cap space. Good trade for us means roughly 2.8 mil off the books. So we get 3rd or 4th + a 1 mil guy and you get Wolski.
I don't think Wolski should be traded unless it's a cap saving move or he's packaged for a Stastny level player although I guess now that I really think about it getting a solid 3rd liner for him is better than him languishing as a 3rd liner for us.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
How about either Loktionov or Toffoli straight up?

Or Martin Jones and a 2nd?
Dunskiiis!

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:46 AM
xxxZENxxx

This is my interpretation of Wolski as a Ranger. He is acquired and plays pretty well for a couple weeks... putting up some decent point totals, but still inconsistent on offense (like everyone else on the team). Then the injuries pile up and he is playing big minutes with Step and Zuc. That line pretty much carries the offense for several weeks, though WW still seems to get little credit from Ranger fans. Then all of sudden all the injured top line players return and Step's line has a major decrease in minutes. Since WW (and Zuc for that matter) is not the type of player that can produce with so little ice time, he starts to struggle. Not to mention that he is playing with 2 rookies who are pretty much hitting the wall at this point. Add to this that he is not used in any other situations (PP/PK) and the fact that he is not as strong defensively as the rest of players (which Torts doesn't like) and the kid is getting peanuts in terms of minutes. Though there are random good games when he gets promoted to higher lines, he struggles the rest of the season getting little minutes and even sits a few games. So basically you have a player who needs ice time to use his skills, but isn't getting any.

To be honest, there is something about this game that rubs me the wrong way a little, but he gets way too much flack than he should based on what happened this year. He is very talented and I think letting him go would be a mistake. A team like LA would be getting a steal if they only gave up a 2nd or less for him.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:49 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
or better yet, how about Gaborik and Wolski for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds?
Not this again....

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:52 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
This is my interpretation of Wolski as a Ranger. He is acquired and plays pretty well for a couple weeks... putting up some decent point totals, but still inconsistent on offense (like everyone else on the team). Then the injuries pile up and he is playing big minutes with Step and Zuc. That line pretty much carries the offense for several weeks, though WW still seems to get little credit from Ranger fans. Then all of sudden all the injured top line players return and Step's line has a major decrease in minutes. Since WW (and Zuc for that matter) is not the type of player that can produce with so little ice time, he starts to struggle. Not to mention that he is playing with 2 rookies who are pretty much hitting the wall at this point. Add to this that he is not used in any other situations (PP/PK) and the fact that he is not as strong defensively as the rest of players (which Torts doesn't like) and the kid is getting peanuts in terms of minutes. Though there are random good games when he gets promoted to higher lines, he struggles the rest of the season getting little minutes and even sits a few games. So basically you have a player who needs ice time to use his skills, but isn't getting any.

To be honest, there is something about this game that rubs me the wrong way a little, but he gets way too much flack than he should based on what happened this year. He is very talented and I think letting him go would be a mistake. A team like LA would be getting a steal if they only gave up a 2nd or less for him.
Agree completely with this analysis.

I'd rather hold onto W2. I still think there is something there and he can produce for us.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post

Agree! Give him some time during pre-season to get adjust to the system and he might reach his potential.

Sticky Fingers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Vitto79

Am I the only one that wants to keep Wolski?

Honestly the Rangers have enough to sign Richards and the RFA's they can't go out and throw more money over a multi yr deal for a Jokinen

Also LW is thin, Kreider is not in the system so its Dubinsky, Wolski, Avery and a battle between Grachev and Hagelin

If I am wrong and they do move him I want a 3rd rounder atleast. May as well get some draft picks back in. A late pick would be nice too in a package

but again try Wolski, Richards, Gaborik, then the Pack line, then Steps, Zuccarello, one of Hagelin/Grachev and then Boyle, Prust, Avery........its a balanced team.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote