Noel for Winnipeg H.C. Head Coach.

Old
06-04-2011, 02:50 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
I see your perspective, being a long time fan of this team. However, if you look at it from a NEW owners POV, especially considering they aquired this team last minute, it's probably better to wait a year to really evaluate the team before making big changes.

Having said that, I really hope they keep Dudley/Ramsay. Both are familiar with Winnipeg, both seem to be on the right track with this team. Noel can stay with the AHL team for the time being AFAIC. He's property of the Canucks anyways. As for Heisinger, bring him in as a player development/ assistant GM.
I agree it would be a good idea to wait a year before making big changes. Like I said, this team isn't that far from being a playoff team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander Byfuglien View Post
No for Ken Hitchcock. This squad will have a lot of younger players and Hitchcock and young players is just a no go.
"Evander Byfuglien"? HA! I love it!

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 02:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
The truth of the matter is this is not a new team...It's an existing team with a farm system in place and players drafted and signed to fit a certain system(whatever that might be...) As we've said before, it's also a team a few pieces away from making the playoffs. Why blow up everything and restart now? I understand that TNSE wants to put their stamp on things, but the problems with this team are nothing that an owner willing to open up the pocketbooks just a little bit won't fix.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
I don't think they are going to make big changes, or immediate changes for that matter, or blow anything up. I think they just want to get the pieces in place, such as management, coaching staff, etc, see the team, evaluate and then make the decisions they feel should be made. It's likely an evaluation process in which they feel they'd like to endure by beginning at steps a, then b, then c, and so on.

It has also been stated that they believe in building through the draft, which in a huge plus in my opinion.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Me either, to be honest. Either or would be fine choices. It appears TNSE want to go in their own direction, which I also like. They've done well in the AHL with the Moose so I have faith they will carry that over to the NHL. They're a respected group within the hockey circles and by all accounts I'd say they have a way they like to do things. As of right now, i'm all for whatever they decide.
It feels nice knowing that you can have faith in TNSE. They are dedicated to their job and I believe they will give us the best product to cheer for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post

"Evander Byfuglien"? HA! I love it!
My old MK7117 was stale and boring, I tried to spice it up a bit.

Plus those are the two favorites of mine on the squad.

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Helmethead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
This....

Add a Top 3 RW.... 3-4 defenseman and bump ol Zacharius Hipcheck to the 3rd pairing with Stuart, and this team makes a playoff run.
This team has zero depth. We can make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round every year or we can build this team properly. We have a solid core of players,but minus Klingberg and Cormier, our prospects are scrubs. 3 injury's and we are a basement team again. I'd say rebuild this team for the next 3 years, build from the draft and get some depth, without that we have no chance at anything in the playoffs anyways.

Just think of this team playing against the Canucks right now for the cup after 3 hard fought series. No way we don't get swept with ease. You can't win without depth.

Helmethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet head View Post
This team has zero depth. We can make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round every year or we can build this team properly. We have a solid core of players,but minus Klingberg and Cormier, our prospects are scrubs. 3 injury's and we are a basement team again. I'd say rebuild this team for the next 3 years, build from the draft and get some depth, without that we have no chance at anything in the playoffs anyways.

Just think of this team playing against the Canucks right now for the cup after 3 hard fought series. No way we don't get swept with ease. You can't win without depth.
Rebuild? What do you think the team's been trying to do the last 3 years? Building the team properly doesn't mean ignoring team needs. You could easily add a RW and replace Oduya in the offseason while still building "properly".

Old
06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
AF1982
Jet(s) Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Rebuild? What do you think the team's been trying to do the last 3 years?
You can't conduct a rebuild without a proper AHL affiliate which helps to develop "your" future NHL'ers. The Ladd and Byfuglien trades hurt the franchises ability to continue building, despite the positive impact of both players. IMO, those three years where three years of idle running.

AF1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1982 View Post
You can't conduct a rebuild without a proper AHL affiliate which helps to develop "your" future NHL'ers. The Ladd and Byfuglien trades hurt the franchises ability to continue building, despite the positive impact of both players. IMO, those three years where three years of idle running.

A rebuild doesn't happen in ONE season...

Old
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
AF1982
Jet(s) Enthusiast

Which part of my post lead you to this conclusion?

(OT and for the record: Philly "rebuild" in one season but that's a completely new discussion. This is not the place for this.)

AF1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet head View Post
This We have a solid core of players,but minus Klingberg and Cormier, our prospects are scrubs .
Telegin and Koper are promising. They had great seasons last year. I wouldn't consider Chiarot a scrub. I did hate giving up Morin, it's a shame for the team we lost him.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

First off, I don't want to upset, make anyone feel sad, make anyone feel lonely, or offend anyone. True North has a winning atmosphere and history. Going with new people all around, especially in the management/coaching positions is the right call, imo. Atlanta was a mess and it would be hard to get any worse. We don't need that management system coming here.

Chief Ten Bears* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
First off, I don't want to upset, make anyone feel sad, make anyone feel lonely, or offend anyone. True North has a winning atmosphere and history. Going with new people all around, especially in the management/coaching positions is the right call, imo. Atlanta was a mess and it would be hard to get any worse. We don't need that management system coming here.
I KIND OF agree with that, and definitely think the argument has merit. I might want to give Dudley and Ramsay a year to see if I liked them though. They were the first signs of success we'd seen in a while. The best thing they ever did was immediately get rid of Waddell. DWad had to know nobody would want his ass up there.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Snowman

From what I've been hearing TNSE and Chipman really value having guys that work and think the same way they do. Which I completely understand, it's a lot easier to get things done and find the players you want when all managment thinks the same way and is heading down the same road together.

Like most everyone else here is saying, I trust TNSE, and whatever they decide is fine by me especially when you consider their track record of success.

Snowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Bears View Post
I do see your point about a fresh start, but honestly, 1 year for Dudley/ Ramsay is hardly a fair assessment of their work.

Dudley's work building teams speaks for itself if you want to really look at what he's done. Problem is, people always look at a GM's record while he is in office, without considering the legacy he leaves behind (which is why ANYONE thinks Burke is actually competent )

FTR I'm not against the changes, just think that the duo got the shaft.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Have any of you ever worked for a company that was taken over by another company? I have. The first thing the acquiring company normally does is to make changes at the executive level; they install people more in line with their own corporate culture and vision.

Dudley may be a fine GM and person but that does not mean that his own views of how a team should be run are at all in accordance with those of the TNSE executives.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 01:52 PM
crazed323

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
I do see your point about a fresh start, but honestly, 1 year for Dudley/ Ramsay is hardly a fair assessment of their work.

Dudley's work building teams speaks for itself if you want to really look at what he's done. Problem is, people always look at a GM's record while he is in office, without considering the legacy he leaves behind (which is why ANYONE thinks Burke is actually competent )

FTR I'm not against the changes, just think that the duo got the shaft.
IMO, TNSE doesn't want people in their system who feel like they should just been given the job because they have history in the NHL (not that it's a bad thing) wether they do an average job or not. They are looking for people who have the drive, enthusiasm, and smarts to become the next big thing. Just the same you draft players. You will rarely build a consistent winner in the free agent market, you build your team through scouting and drafting. TNSE sees something in the 2 men they are seeking to replace the current gm and coach. They have looked at the film, watched there developement and draft day has come. They are replacing the old (probably more expensive) people with fresh bright and ethusiastic talent that will grab the bull by the horns and get the job done.

crazed323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:10 PM
pcanuck

Expect Noel to be hired. But they want to do their due diligence first bu hiring the GM. Both the GM and true north want him! Don't be surprised if a few assistant coaches from the AHL Wolves aren't signed on.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote