HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2011-2012 Season Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2012, 01:37 PM
  #51
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
On short notice, on the road, at this time of year? It's not so simple. They'd have to find someone available who is 16 to 19 years old, not playing for his current team, not planning on playing at a U.S. college, and who can play net.

Needle, meet haystack.
I get that both of the other goalies in the system were off playing in playoffs for their teams. Still Bassin SHOULD have tried harder than that. He's been in the game for decades...do you mean to tell us that that was all the searching he did? If Barrie could find someone on really short notice, then why couldn't Bassin?

He deserves every bit of criticism he can get on this issue. I do give him credit for KNOWING he screwed up, however.


Last edited by ckg927: 03-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.
ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
  #52
FrozenFloor
Pest
 
FrozenFloor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
Gave up 10 tonight? Was Connor Crisp in net agian?

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  #53
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandandMouth Stuff View Post
Gave up 10 tonight? Was Connor Crisp in net agian?
No. Erie's THAT bad, Crisp or no Crisp.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
  #54
Torts
Registered User
 
Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
too bad McDavid cant keep pucks out of the net

dosnt get easier for them in net as they lose Sadikov after this year

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
  #55
Brock
HFB Partner
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The GTA
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...-dane-fox.html

I really feel like this guy is flying under the radar right now. Was solid at the Top Prospect's Game and has the potential to develop into a really solid third line center. He compares himself to David Bolland and I think that's a great comparison for him long term.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
  #56
FrozenFloor
Pest
 
FrozenFloor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
I figured you folks would've been ecstatic hearing that CMcD got EP status but no posts in here for four or five days. Look alive people!

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
  #57
HF_Rangers
Registered User
 
HF_Rangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Edinboro
Country: United States
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandandMouth Stuff View Post
I figured you folks would've been ecstatic hearing that CMcD got EP status but no posts in here for four or five days. Look alive people!
Until Hockey Canada posts something, we won't believe it. But there's a good discussion on the NOOF about it. Connor McDavid might be to Erie as Sidney Crosby was to Pittsburgh.

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
  #58
FrozenFloor
Pest
 
FrozenFloor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Rangers View Post
Until Hockey Canada posts something, we won't believe it. But there's a good discussion on the NOOF about it. Connor McDavid might be to Erie as Sidney Crosby was to Pittsburgh.
It's pretty much confirmed Rangers, I understand you want to wait for 100% confirmation and I don't blame you, but it's on CMcD's personal facebook page, he was with Bassin over the weekend and one of the most respected posters on these parts of the forums has also confirmed it.

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
  #59
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Erie has a press conference at 3:00 pm today. Does the team announce a 2 year extension in Erie, possible move to Hamilton or McDavid receiving exceptional?

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
  #60
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Erie has a press conference at 3:00 pm today. Does the team announce a 2 year extension in Erie, possible move to Hamilton or McDavid receiving exceptional?
2 hr extension is my guess. They may mention m David as well. Heard he was fantastic!

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
  #61
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Is there any way to watch this press conference?

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  #62
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
2 hr extension is my guess. They may mention m David as well. Heard he was fantastic!
Per the Otters Facebook page(and the Erie Times-News' Victor Fernandes):

*They've signed a 2 year lease extension with the Erie County Convention Center Authority. So can ANY talk about them moving.

*John Frey is the team's new Director of Operations, effectively replacing Shawn Waskiewicz. Frey was with the Erie Seawolves of the Double A Eastern League for over a decade before being fired in February of last year.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
  #63
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
With Mcdavid being granted ES today and the young strong core this ream has in players such as Pelech, Fox, Harper, Brown, Mcdowell, and Cairns. Add all that with the 3rd import pick, two second and third round picks in the OHL draft and 42 million dollar renovations; could this finally be the turnaround us Otters fans have been waiting for?

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
  #64
UppA45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
With Mcdavid being granted ES today and the young strong core this ream has in players such as Pelech, Fox, Harper, Brown, Mcdowell, and Cairns. Add all that with the 3rd import pick, two second and third round picks in the OHL draft and 42 million dollar renovations; could this finally be the turnaround us Otters fans have been waiting for?
It is a dang good start. He will the best player to have put on an Otter's jersey to date and with the young core the team will be competative at least.

UppA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 03:31 PM
  #65
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed
 
Evil Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cambridge, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
*They've signed a 2 year lease extension with the Erie County Convention Center Authority. So can ANY talk about them moving.
It's only a two year extension, not a 20 year extension...

Evil Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
  #66
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Ramis Sadikov signed an tryout contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins today. Glad to see this as he definitely deserves it.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 01:06 AM
  #67
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
So what are people's predictions for Erie in not only the draft but trades and looking forward to next season?

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:24 PM
  #68
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
It's only a two year extension, not a 20 year extension...
I know that.

I was referring to after THIS season, not 20 years from now.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 06:34 PM
  #69
ckg927
Registered User
 
ckg927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
Ramis Sadikov signed an tryout contract with the Grand Rapids Griffins today. Glad to see this as he definitely deserves it.
Sadly, Sadikov was released from said tryout contract 2 days later.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
  #70
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Sadly, Sadikov was released from said tryout contract 2 days later.
That is unfortunate, I will always view Sadikov as one of my favorite players to ever play for Erie and will miss the post game win celebrations.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:40 PM
  #71
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Looking ahead to next season if Erie can make the right picks and moves this team will see a huge turn around. Its tough to predict lines this early as the draft has not even happened yet but I would say something like this.

Forwards
Olden? (If he returns)- Brown-Fox
Harper- McDavid? (Assuming he reports)- Cairns
Mcguire- Crisp- Mcdonnell or McCarthy( both I dont think will be on the team)
Cortellessa- Evans- Betz

D-men
Pelech- Mcdowell
Maaskant- Donnay
Grant- (Wood, Glass, or Murphy)

Goalies
CHL Import pick
Williams

Probably nothing what it will look like but just a shot in the dark. Hard to factor in any 96's before the draft and I think Erie should make some trades to get another puck moving d-man. What do other Otters fan or any fans think? Feel free to dissect lol.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
  #72
Otters Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Forwards
Fox-Cairns-Brown(I love this line and they played great the last month and half)
Harper-McDavid-Olden or Crisp
Crisp or Betz-Evans-Cortellessa
McGuire-McDonell-McCarthyor Betz

D-Men
Pelech-McDowell
Donay-Maaskant
Glass-Murphy(Or maybe one of the picks in 2nd rd)I wish they would get rid of Grant. My son and i missed maybe four home games this season,and Grant just isn't very good at all.I have no clue how he gets the playing time he does.

Goalie
As you said id think this will be CHL import pick
Williams

This team has a chance to be pretty decent next season,and very very good in two seasons. I just renewed my season tickets and im pumped for the draft.
Next season just can't come soon enough

Otters Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
  #73
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
Forwards
Fox-Cairns-Brown(I love this line and they played great the last month and half)
Harper-McDavid-Olden or Crisp
Crisp or Betz-Evans-Cortellessa
McGuire-McDonell-McCarthyor Betz

D-Men
Pelech-McDowell
Donay-Maaskant
Glass-Murphy(Or maybe one of the picks in 2nd rd)I wish they would get rid of Grant. My son and i missed maybe four home games this season,and Grant just isn't very good at all.I have no clue how he gets the playing time he does.

Goalie
As you said id think this will be CHL import pick
Williams

This team has a chance to be pretty decent next season,and very very good in two seasons. I just renewed my season tickets and im pumped for the draft.
Next season just can't come soon enough
I like your lines and I agree that top line did play well toward the end. I am glad you said something about grant because I am not impressed either. I put him on the 3rd d line because they seem to be high on him. He is still young and has time to develop but I think Murphy or a draft pick this year could take his spot. I like Wood back there in a few years, he worked the point well given his age.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:27 PM
  #74
Otters Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
I agree i like Wood also and wish he could get a little more playing time.He has one hell of a slap shot and is fast.
I have no clue what they see in Grant,but for some reason the coaching staff loves him.

Otters Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
  #75
OHLFan8771
Registered User
 
OHLFan8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
I agree i like Wood also and wish he could get a little more playing time.He has one hell of a slap shot and is fast.
I have no clue what they see in Grant,but for some reason the coaching staff loves him.
Ya I do not like being negative toward players but Grant just does not seem to be where he needs to be at this point. His shot is no where near ohl speed and he gets beat quite frequently for goals. He seems to be a great kid and I hope he works out in the off season and proves us both wrong but based on the past two seasons he needs to go.

I love you second line with Harper McDavid and Olden. Imagine the points that line would but up. If Olden comes back that line should be hard to stop.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.