*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2011-2012 Season Thread

Old
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Otters Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
Hi Ottersfan and Otters Fan.

I wanted you to know how thrilled our son was to be taken by Erie with the 27th pick. Thank you again for your earlier responses regarding the positives of playing in Erie. We look forward to visiting your community.
Your welcome and congratulations to your son and family.
I look very forward to seeing your son in an Otters jersey next season.

Otters Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Styx and Stones

Thanks to all. It was an exciting morning.

Moving forward, I see that you have 21 of 22 players returning and the addition of Connor with the first pick. I believe you also have some 95 picks ready to step into the lineup. Do you know if the Otters have an affiliate club in either tier 2 or in our GOJHL junior B loop?

Styx and Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 03:11 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
Thanks to all. It was an exciting morning.

Moving forward, I see that you have 21 of 22 players returning and the addition of Connor with the first pick. I believe you also have some 95 picks ready to step into the lineup. Do you know if the Otters have an affiliate club in either tier 2 or in our GOJHL junior B loop?
The Otters were affiliated by the Huntsville Jr. Otters the past seasons in the OJHL but the team folded after the playoffs. I am unsure of what team will be affiliated with Erie next season but I'm sure that will be decided in the off season. However I do know that Erie called up players during the season who played for Port Colborne Pirates and York-Simcoe Express. I know there are not many roster spots available but I see about three spots open for next year with McDavid filling one. However the OHL training camps are sometimes unpredictable and I perceive that one 96 may take a roster spot from a player on the team from last season.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
OHLFan8771

Adam Pelech was the first player to ever be awarded the Ivan Tennant Memorial Award and the Bobby Smith Trophy in the same season .

Old
04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
OHLFan8771

Went to the rookie camp today and Connor Mcdavid was absolutely amazing. His play making ability is the best I have seen at this age. He set up a few goals and scored a few highlight real one himself. He has blazing speed as well and was the best player on the ice. He is going to be phenomenal for years to come.

Also if anyone else reads this that attended, I thought Patrick Murphy looked really good today too. A few others I was impressed with (only talking about the rookies) but I couldn't catch some of their names.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 04-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
Went to the rookie camp today and Connor Mcdavid was absolutely amazing. His play making ability is the best I have seen at this age. He set up a few goals and scored a few highlight real one himself. He has blazing speed as well and was the best player on the ice. He is going to be phenomenal for years to come.

Also if anyone else reads this that attended, I thought Patrick Murphy looked really good today too. A few others I was impressed with (only talking about the rookies) but I couldn't catch some of their names.
My one friend that went said the same thing about McDavid. He also said it was hard to keep track of the guys since they just had tape with there names on the back of the helmets.
He was telling me in the afternoon session Crisp was ready to drop them with one of the rookies that layed into him pretty good lol
Its going to be a long summer waiting for next season

Otters Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:08 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
My one friend that went said the same thing about McDavid. He also said it was hard to keep track of the guys since they just had tape with there names on the back of the helmets.
He was telling me in the afternoon session Crisp was ready to drop them with one of the rookies that layed into him pretty good lol
Its going to be a long summer waiting for next season
Ya I did notice that from Crisp as well, I was not sure if they were being serious though as Crisp seemed to be joking around at times but overall had a pretty good day. I also thought Betz and Fox played well just looking at the players on the team last year.
I think this team needs to make a few off season moves for either a 19 year old d-man or a top 2 line forward, get a solid starting goaltender and this team may surprise people next year.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Styx and Stones

A great weekend. Mr Bassin and the org. provided a first class experience. We were impressed with the whole city...people, shopping, restaurants, ball diamond, Bayfront Centre.....anyone who hears the negative stuff and thinks about playing the 'don't draft me game' really need to go for a visit.

Styx and Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

I moved to Erie (West 6th St) about a year ago and have nothing but positive things to say about it. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but the city is awesome -- especially in the summer.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I moved to Erie (West 6th St) about a year ago and have nothing but positive things to say about it. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but the city is awesome -- especially in the summer.
Erie really is a great place, those who say negative things about it have not been there in quite some time. It is a perfect city for an OHL team.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
OHLFan8771

Also i was wondering if we could get an official 2012-2013 season thread for the Otters on here please. Thanks in advance.

I changed my username as well to eliminate people thinking I may be bias right away as well.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 05-01-2012 at 03:13 PM.