HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup finals Game 3: Boston Vs. Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
How do you guys like Thomas

He doesn't know how to play, constantly gets open nets saved by his D, celebrates every goal in this game like he just won the actual cup, smiles at the refs like a kiss ass troll.

I just don't see it.
The Canuck coaches should show Thomas celebrating that 8th goal every 5 minutes to their players between now and game 4..

Cudo's to the Bruins though.. They did what they had to do and got themselves back into this series.. Game 4 is another must win for them though..

Old
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Stradale

Quote:
How do you guys like Thomas

He doesn't know how to play, constantly gets open nets saved by his D, celebrates every goal in this game like he just won the actual cup, smiles at the refs like a kiss ass troll.

I just don't see it.
I think he's awesome for the game. You can tell that he's having fun playing the game but still take it seriously. He may look all over the place but he's still stop pucks like crazy. And he's a great teammate.

I remember seeing with a big smile, chatting with the opponents at the hand shake after the Bruins got eliminated, not because he doesn't care but he's just a good person.

You can hate the guy, even if he's a Bruins.

Last edited by Stradale: 06-06-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Why is Luongo still in nets?

Oh and a 7th...

I really think coaching is severely overrated
Probably a punishment for such a total lack of effort tonite. You can't pull him with 5 min. left anyways,should have pulled him after 2

Old
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A guy who doesn't know how to play and yet is often amongst the best goalies. His D's saves him? Sorry, I see way more of him saving his D's. Yes, he celebrates the game....what's wrong with that? He's having fun, a fierce competitor, and will never stop trying. Do not have the natural talent that some goalies might have, but will surely outwork everybody in this league. Has a story of a guy who clearly didn't show he was good enough to make it, makes it and prooves he is....Sorry, I don't see how you can't see it. Unless it's because he plays for a team we hate. Then, I see it.
Yeah keep repeating what the media keeps saying. A fierce competitor, that has to be the most overused term to describe Thomas. What exactly makes a goalie a competitor? Players I can see because it shows when you're actually trying. But a goalie? Just because Thomas puts himself in the worst possible situations and jumps everywhere, doesn't mean he's more of a competitor than anybody else. Look at Price, he plays perfectly his position, he never has to battle and jump everywhere like a bamtam goalie, but I guess this makes him a goalie that doesn't care.

People only like him because he is flashy and makes saves that look awesome just because he makes them look that way, whereas other goalies will just already be in position and make it look routine.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
vCash: 100000
too ಠ_ಠ rich

How long do you think Rome will be suspended? 1 game from me. The late hit is an auto-suspension, but that's about it.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Alain Vigneault was terribly outcoached tonight.
Bruins obviously rallied behind Horton in the intermission.
Luongo should've been pulled after the 3rd goal.
A time-out should've been taken after the 2nd goal, reinforce the bad luck of the two goals and get back to game plan.
Henrik Sedin was god-awful.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Yeah keep repeating what the media keeps saying. A fierce competitor, that has to be the most overused term to describe Thomas. What exactly makes a goalie a competitor? Players I can see because it shows when you're actually trying. But a goalie? Just because Thomas puts himself in the worst possible situations and jumps everywhere, doesn't mean he's more of a competitor than anybody else. Look at Price, he plays perfectly his position, he never has to battle and jump everywhere like a bamtam goalie, but I guess this makes him a goalie that doesn't care.

People only like him because he is flashy and makes saves that look awesome just because he makes them look that way, whereas other goalies will just already be in position and make it look routine.
How about setting the all-time record for save pct. he's been the #1 goalie in the league since game 1.He outplayed Price,Roloson,and now Luongo.You're confusing people stating facts as liking the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Alain Vigneault was terribly outcoached tonight.
Bruins obviously rallied behind Horton in the intermission.
Luongo should've been pulled after the 3rd goal.
A time-out should've been taken after the 2nd goal, reinforce the bad luck of the two goals and get back to game plan.
Henrik Sedin was god-awful.
Sedin,Erhoff Edler and Luongo were as bad as it gets. Don't blame the coach for their gutless performances

Old
06-06-2011, 10:24 PM
MathMan

As usual, entirely too much is being read into a blowout.

They are the most meaningless games they are. 8-1 is a fluke game. It means exactly nothing for the future of the series except that the Bruins won one. It doesn’t mean the Canucks are destabilized, that the Bruins have suddenly become competitive with them, or anything of the sort.

It’s ironic that they get billing as “statement games” because typically the winner of an 8-1 game isn’t actually dominant.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Probably a punishment for such a total lack of effort tonite. You can't pull him with 5 min. left anyways,should have pulled him after 2
Don't be ridiculous. You're blaming Luongo for the first 2 goals? The useless D-men screening their own goalie or the Kesler deflection? The team played badly starting from the 2nd period.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Stradale

Quote:

How about he's a fierce competitor because he took back his #1 goalie spot after losing it last year, setting the NHL record for goal against average, best save % and 2nd in shutout while being one of oldest goalie in the league. That's not a fierce competitor for you?

Old
06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
LastRide

Romes hit pissed off the Bruins.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:27 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Yeah keep repeating what the media keeps saying. A fierce competitor, that has to be the most overused term to describe Thomas.
I have never seen him quit on a play. I have never seen him have a poor game because of lack of effort.

Quote:
What exactly makes a goalie a competitor? Players I can see because it shows when you're actually trying. But a goalie?
This doesn't really even make sense. How can a player show when they are actually trying, but a goalie cannot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
How about he's a fierce competitor because he took back his #1 goalie spot after losing it last year, setting the NHL record for goal against average while being one of oldest goalie in the league. That's not a fierce competitor for you?
Haha, I was gonna put this in my post, but had a strong feeling someone would ninja me.

Kudos.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
How about setting the all-time record for save pct. he's been the #1 goalie in the league since game 1.He outplayed Price,Roloson,and now Luongo.You're confusing people stating facts as liking the guy.
Price outplayed Thomas. Boston had no PP goals and Thomas even gave up a SH goal.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I expected a split in Boston and still think it will be over in 5..
There was no way that NHL/NBC was going to let this series end w/o another high rated saturday nite game. Also Julien called out his players for the finger-taunting.At least he's not a hypocrite

Old
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

I prefer a lost by a blowout than a heartbreaking one. Nucks are a team with character. They will only come back stronger for the next game.

I agree with people saying some are reading way too much out of this blowout. Ruins have another gear, Ruins are pissed, blablabla. Does this mean Ruins will destroy the 'Nucks in the next 3 games? Like Habs got detroyed in the PO because they got blown out during the regular season too? Sure...

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 06-06-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old
06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
As usual, entirely too much is being read into a blowout.

They are the most meaningless games they are. 8-1 is a fluke game. It means exactly nothing for the future of the series except that the Bruins won one. It doesn’t mean the Canucks are destabilized, that the Bruins have suddenly become competitive with them, or anything of the sort.

It’s ironic that they get billing as “statement games” because typically the winner of an 8-1 game isn’t actually dominant.
I agree. Except I will say this, there is one thing it shows, in that Boston has another level to their game, Canucks haven't shown that yet.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I agree. Except I will say this, there is one thing it shows, in that Boston has another level to their game, Canucks haven't shown that yet.
Well of this game doesn't get the Canucks to show it nothing will

Old
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I have never seen him quit on a play. I have never seen him have a poor game because of lack of effort.

This doesn't really even make sense. How can a player show when they are actually trying, but a goalie cannot?
I've never seen a goalie quit on a play either... why do people only think that Thomas is the only one... Oh right, because it happens every game where he puts himself in a position where he actually needs to save his own ass.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
famadihana

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Fans throwing stuff on ice.
The fans are asked to throw the towels on the ice. They reuse them.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
How about he's a fierce competitor because he took back his #1 goalie spot after losing it last year, setting the NHL record for goal against average, best save % and 2nd in shutout while being one of oldest goalie in the league. That's not a fierce competitor for you?
I'm not questioning his competitiveness, only the fact that it looks like he's the only goalie that cares about making a save according to how people speak of him.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I'm not questioning his competitiveness, only the fact that it looks like he's the only goalie that cares about making a save according to how people speak of him.
I stopped questioning goalies for how they look making saves, as long as they make them, decades ago after becoming familiar with Dominik Hasek...

Old
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Romes hit pissed off the Bruins.
And it's really understandable.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
And it's really understandable.
Is it? It was a strong hockey play.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
His stats this year do not lie and he is making great saves. He reminds me a lot like Hasek. There is no rhyme or reason to the way they play but they make the saves.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

I think he'll get 2 games but the Canucks wont miss him at all

Closed Thread