HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup finals Game 3: Boston Vs. Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
I believe Mark Reechi saw Nathan Horton at the movies this afternoon.
You see, I don't mind seeing these comments here in our boards, but if you take this stuff to the SC or main boards, you deserve all the crap thrown at you. That's the silver lining that we all should maintain.

(Sorry Cull, not pointing you out, just making an observation)

Old
06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Right and he should have. I just question that it is used as a Bruins player rather than Ryder (who I am sure you guys remember wearing a Habs jersey).
That's just the thing. The evidence this year indicates that if he'd been wearing a Habs jersey (or a Nucks one) he would've been suspended.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
The worst part of this suspension is that a 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup Finals with the potential of only 4 games left in the playoffs is the equivalent to 15-20 games in the regular season. They should really change the name of the Bruins to the Boston Horse-Shoe Up Their Bums.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
That's just the thing. The evidence this year indicates that if he'd been wearing a Habs jersey (or a Nucks one) he would've been suspended.
No worries man, that's why I posted it here... Trying to find a little humor in things. If the B's fan's stay on their own forum, no one should get offended at me poking fun at a silly old man and his off color remarks.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
H10H for president! Nice campaign speech in last paragraph.
Meh, I'm going for Bettman's job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Gotta hand it to you H10H, you're really doing an amazing job. You're communicating with us and being respectful at the same time. I know it must not be easy to be a mod as you must be unbiased, but you're doing a great job and when its you, it doesn't feel intimidating to talk back/have a discussion about rules. I respect that, props to you.
Thanks JB, but I have a lot of help. Without sounding biased, I think we have the best mod crew on HF. They are the ones that really deserve the praise, not me. I'm more like a figure head.

I honestly think communication is important. Which is why I send/receive over 100 pm's per day. I just think it's a good idea to know what our posters here like and dislike. Or let posters know to tone it down, saving them from getting warnings or infractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Actually, my whole point is that I'm slightly annoyed for you guys that you're expected to sleuth out and deal with all of this when there are others that are expected to do their due diligence and shoulder their load in their "jurisdiction" instead of turning a blind eye to it all in order to get propped up as a popular "hero" amongst their masses. There's really nothing much else you can humanly do, and honestly I'm content in simply believing that we (especially including mods/admins/etc) on the aggregate (and excluding the obvious "outlying" exceptions) are simply better people when it comes to our approach in dealing with others on an anonymous message board.

There should be a certain amount of "fun" to be had at the expense of other fan bases, imo, but interpretations of grey areas and where lines exist seem steeply tilted against us, is all.
Sorry about that, maybe I should have taken the time to properly reason your whole post. Since I have to read so many posts in a day, I have a bad habit of skimming through them.

Haha I'm definitely not a "Hero of the masses". I probably receive more hate pm's than all the other Habs mods combined.

I do admit to turning a blind eye once in awhile. If I feel that conversations are running smoothly. The only time I try to get involved is when things become personal, or if from experience, I can sense that a thread is going down hill. For me though, this isn't a popularity contest. If you like me, that's fine, if not WHY NOT? WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?

Seriously though, I've reached a point where I honestly don't know what else to do. Which is why I turn to our posters. You guys and girls are the ones using these forums. So why not have your input on how things are run?

Sorry did I go off track again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
That bolded part made me spit out coffee. Just a little bit, no peripheral damage, good times.
Haha sorry, I have a twisted sense of humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
I believe Mark Reechi saw Nathan Horton at the movies this afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
You see, I don't mind seeing these comments here in our boards, but if you take this stuff to the SC or main boards, you deserve all the crap thrown at you. That's the silver lining that we all should maintain.

(Sorry Cull, not pointing you out, just making an observation)
Agreed. Here on the Habs board, a post like this is fine, I actually laughed at this and Hoto's response.

Outside of our board, it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
2 SC finals + 2 regular season games, not 4 SC Final games.

Canucks in 5.

Still NHL = model of consistency.
Obviously NHL knows this is going 7 games.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton18Horton View Post
I agree, it could be considered Karma or for those that live by the saying "What goes around, comes around".

In saying that though, put yourself in the Bruins fans shoes for a second. How did you feel when Bruins posters came on our board and told us that the Chara hit on Patches was "Karma" for Patche's hit on (crap the name escapes me now)? I believe it was a Tampa player.

Did you say "Oh well, that Bruins poster was right" Or did it piss you off a little bit?
What goes around comes around?

So what did the Bruins do to deserve Savard's career ending? Bergeron losing a year of his career?

Ridiculous...that and the fact people believe in superstitious nonsense like karma to begin with....

Old
06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post

So what did the Bruins do to deserve Savard's career ending? Bergeron losing a year of his career?

Ridiculous...that and the fact people believe in superstitious nonsense like karma to begin with....
So hold on, you decided you'd drop by the Habs board to explain that all the hundreds of millions of Hindus in the world are full of superstitious nonsense. How logical. Why learn wisdom when you clearly are already overflowing with it?

I can't wait to see what Karma has in store for you.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Andy

Enjoy the following:

Quote:
MIKE MURPHY: This has nothing to do with Rule 48. This is just an interference penalty, an interference hit. If it was immediate after he released the puck, it would be a legal hit. We have them all the time.

http://communities.canada.com/vancou...ke-murphy.aspx
Chara should have been suspended based on that reasoning. It's funny because this is exactly what Habs fans argued during that incident.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Enjoy the following:

Chara should have been suspended based on that reasoning. It's funny because this is exactly what Habs fans argued during that incident.
I especially love when he explains that the longest suspension in NHL finals history is for a hit that would be perfectly legal if it were .4 seconds sooner. Of course. That makes sooooo much sense.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Enjoy the following:

It's the explanations behind these rulings that often baffle me more than anything. The Chara hit wasn't penalized further because it was a strong hockey play, no intent to injure, but it was a late hit and the penalty was called as such on the ice and that was the end of it. Okay.

Fast forward to today and you have Murphy explicitly stating that there was nothing wrong with the hit except for the fact that it was late, and (seemingly) on that reason alone, they give him 4 extra games. Not regular season games, but Stanley Cup final games. Not because he left his feet, targeted his head, hit with his elbow, hit with his knee, did it because his dog told him to, or any other number of reasons you want to conjure up. Just because it was a late hit.

Ridiculous.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Did you only read half my post Vic?

I suggest you go back and read it again, as I never said that I believed "What goes around, comes around". I said and I quote "for those that live by the saying "What goes around, comes around".

Also, what gives you the right to judge people who feel that "Karma" can be a factor in things that might happen? I could just as easily claim that your post is ridiculous.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:17 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

How about this, we do exactly like you guys, find an somewhat equivalent to Max hit on Eaton (for Horton) so we can all go "see, he does it too so it's all good that it happened to him"...

sounds good ?

Old
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
sheed36

Wow 4 games for Rome and Chara got nothing for breaking Pacioretty's neck.. How can that be? IMO both guys deserved a suspension for their reckless plays but when one gets off with absolutely nothing and the other gets 4 games it shows the incompetence of the people running the NHL..

Old
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:

McSorley on Brashear and McLaren on Zednik?

Just spitballin' here.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It's the explanations behind these rulings that often baffle me more than anything. The Chara hit wasn't penalized further because it was a strong hockey play, no intent to injure, but it was a late hit and the penalty was called as such on the ice and that was the end of it. Okay.

Fast forward to today and you have Murphy explicitly stating that there was nothing wrong with the hit except for the fact that it was late, and (seemingly) on that reason alone, they give him 4 extra games. Not regular season games, but Stanley Cup final games. Not because he left his feet, targeted his head, hit with his elbow, hit with his knee, did it because his dog told him to, or any other number of reasons you want to conjure up. Just because it was a late hit.

Ridiculous.
Don't bring up this fail of logic to Bruins fans, it will go right over their heads. I really cannot comprehend how they cannot see the double standards...it's mind boggling, it really is.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Guy Caballero

The pro-Boston double standard from head office strikes again. But of course this is waaaay different from Chara or McLaren.

LOL.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:

I don't think people believe in literal karma. But I do think that when the Bruins' fans, press, and even players mock the severity of an injury one of theirs inflicted on one of ours (and there was a ton of mockery and japing all around), then there will be absolutely no sympathy going back the other way. Habs fans will justifiably think the team richly deserved what they got.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

Ridiculous.
I think that's what frustrate most. It's the inconsistency behind these decisions.
I'm not just talking about thing happening with the Bruins. Look at how much leniency Richards gets in Philly, or even Torres, in his first game back from suspension, that demolishes Seabrook in a clear blindside hit to the head. The examples are numerous.
But it is true, Boston seems to get away with plenty of stuff, it's not just fans that think so, even Joe Thornton who plays out west mentioned it. If one player expressed that view, I'm sure there's a bunch of them that feel the same way.

I certainly hope Shanahan will clean this mess up because it's getting ridiculous.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Wow 4 games for Rome and Chara got nothing for breaking Pacioretty's neck.. How can that be? IMO both guys deserved a suspension for their reckless plays but when one gets off with absolutely nothing and the other gets 4 games it shows the incompetence of the people running the NHL..
Said it last night this league is a joke and will forever be one. We have 2 sets of rules. Regular season and playoffs.

We have a set of disciplinary rules which is written in grey and up for interpretation.

Until they fix this, there will always be controversy unless the NHL wants it so it gets media coverage.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

NHL is one disgusting biased league.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Andy

Here's my take I posted on the mainboard and why I'm fustrated

the interference is the exact why Rome was suspended(please make this distinction, the hit was fine according to Murphy himself, The hit was clean, the interference was an illegal play that resulted in injury and thats why there was a suspension

Rome's hit wasn't illegal, the interference was. Murphy himself actually said this.

Chara's rub wasn't illegal, the interference was and therefore they are completely comparable.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Maverik

We should not compare suspensions under Murphy to suspension under Campbell. For all we know, if Murphy was left to himself, he might have suspended Chara for 10. Unlikely, but he should get benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
The pro-Boston double standard from head office strikes again. But of course this is waaaay different from Chara or McLaren.

LOL.
What did you expect? NHL is a private company and we have no word to say about it.

Tortorella throws water at a fan, one game suspension. Horton throws water and the whole bottle to a fan, nothing. Rome hammered Horton, 4 games. Chara breaks Paccioretty's neck, nothing. Both Rome and Chara deserved a suspension, no doubt. Same thing with Tortorella and Horton. But I guess we have to get used to it because it's not about to change.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM

I can't believe Rome got suspended for that dive by Horton. It was just a strong hockey play by a good ol' Canadian boy from the little town of Nesbitt, Manitoba. If the ice was not there and his head doesn't hit it we don't even talk about the hit. Players need to know where the ice is on the ice and be careful when they are near that part of ice on the ice.

Closed Thread