HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup finals Game 3: Boston Vs. Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
What did you expect? NHL is a private company and we have no word to say about it.

Tortorella throws water at a fan, one game suspension. Horton throws water and the whole bottle to a fan, nothing. Rome hammered Horton, 4 games. Chara breaks Paccioretty's neck, nothing. Both Rome and Chara deserved a suspension, no doubt. Same thing with Tortorella and Horton. But I guess we have to get used to it because it's not about to change.
Looks like this private company is owned by the Ruins.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So hold on, you decided you'd drop by the Habs board to explain that all the hundreds of millions of Hindus in the world are full of superstitious nonsense. How logical. Why learn wisdom when you clearly are already overflowing with it?

I can't wait to see what Karma has in store for you.
How is it any different than the billions that blindly follow religion?

Old
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
jlgib21*

I scoffed at people saying the league is biased for the B's. Not anymore.For the first time i really believe it now.I doubted that a pro league would be like this. But it's obvious. First,if the roles were reversed is there any doubt that Horton MIGHT get one game. I would lean on no suspension.They would say the ice caused the injury. Is there any doubt that Charas hit was MUCH worse,and had more intent to injure than Romes'.Lucic boarding on Spacek in game 6 was actually worse than Romes hit as far as intent,as it was from behind into the boards,attempt to injure. Rome was trying to hit like Torres and his timing was off.That's my opinion

Old
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Ross MacLochness

The NHL just makes **** up as they go along. You can't get frustrated at anything this league does anymore.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton18Horton View Post
Did you only read half my post Vic?

I suggest you go back and read it again, as I never said that I believed "What goes around, comes around". I said and I quote "for those that live by the saying "What goes around, comes around".

Also, what gives you the right to judge people who feel that "Karma" can be a factor in things that might happen? I could just as easily claim that your post is ridiculous.
There's no scientific basis for me to believe in Karma.

It's the same reason why I'm not religious and don't grow my beard out for the playoffs.

Old
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Gainey#1*

Now Boston is all upset because Vancouver has lit the Olympic Torch...so they are calling them classless.

When will their stupidity end?

Old
06-07-2011, 03:16 PM
sheed36

If it was the other way around and Horton had crushed Rome instead would Horton have been suspended for 4 games I wonder? Also why was Brian Burke even consulted on the matter?

Old
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368169

Old
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post

It's the same reason why I'm not religious and don't grow my beard out for the playoffs.
And yet, you're not openly critical of the fact that EVERY player, including your own team does? Let the selective hypocrisy train keep on rollin'.

Old
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Now Boston is all upset because Vancouver has lit the Olympic Torch...so they are calling them classless.

When will their stupidity end?
Didn't Boston put Bruins jerseys on statues or something I was reading the other day, OMG OMG, some people need to get a clue. They are a proud city and there is nothing wrong with that but I guess it's insulting to the city of Boston for some reason

Old
06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

Vic I'm not religious but let people decide what they want to believe in or not. Be respectful of other people's faith. It's simple and makes the world turn round.

Old
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
What goes around comes around?

So what did the Bruins do to deserve Savard's career ending? Bergeron losing a year of his career?

Ridiculous...that and the fact people believe in superstitious nonsense like karma to begin with....
I remember you were sensitive when I went on your board to wish you guys good luck.

Old
06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Randomhero

Hey Murphy, how many frames late was this hit?

Old
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And yet, you're not openly critical of the fact that EVERY player, including your own team does? Let the selective hypocrisy train keep on rollin'.
Huh? I've explicitly stated in other threads that players are foolish for following such superstitions...swing and a miss on your part.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
We should not compare suspensions under Murphy to suspension under Campbell. For all we know, if Murphy was left to himself, he might have suspended Chara for 10. Unlikely, but he should get benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.
Murphy was left to himself on the Chara hit. Campbell isn't allowed to rule on cases involving the Bruins because of Gregory Campbell.

Just more damning evidence against the NHL front office, really.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:06 PM
shamrun

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion

"...To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction..."

This is Newton's third law. Throw a ball hard enough to a wall and expect to come back at you. This is science way of showing karma. Just thought id put that out there.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Huh? I've explicitly stated in other threads that players are foolish for following such superstitions...swing and a miss on your part.
The only swing and a miss here, was leaving your own board to spread your intolerance of different belief structures in the context of Horton's karmic retribution.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Andy

Quote:
CraigCustance Craig Custance
Quote:
Told that Aaron Rome is considering appealing four-game suspension for hit on Nathan Horton
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...hit-stanley-cu

Quote:
BOSTON -- Aaron Rome was suspended four games for his hit on Nathan Horton. In the eyes of the Canucks and Rome's agent Jarrett Bousquet, it's too strong of a punishment. On Tuesday, Bousquet told Sporting News that they are considering appealing the suspension

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1Ocv3PKUZ
The nhl is gonna look really bad.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
sheed36

After seeing the 4 game suspension decision by Mike Murphy on Rome I'm trying to figure out who the bigger moron is.. Mike Murphy or CUPW's Denis Lemelin..

Old
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I scoffed at people saying the league is biased for the B's. Not anymore.For the first time i really believe it now.I doubted that a pro league would be like this. But it's obvious. First,if the roles were reversed is there any doubt that Horton MIGHT get one game. I would lean on no suspension.They would say the ice caused the injury. Is there any doubt that Charas hit was MUCH worse,and had more intent to injure than Romes'.Lucic boarding on Spacek in game 6 was actually worse than Romes hit as far as intent,as it was from behind into the boards,attempt to injure. Rome was trying to hit like Torres and his timing was off.That's my opinion
Be prepared to be called a "conspiracy theorist".

But yeah, the bias can't be more obvious. It's a bias hidden behind the incompetence excuse. But this excuse is getting old and it's not working anymore.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:30 PM
theboss*

Yo Vic I'm half Hindu and I'm a strong believer in Karma and honestly GTFO!! Seriously mods just kick him out.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Andy

Im not well versed in the board rules but shouldnt vuic get an infraction for what he's said?

Old
06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Roke

Rome might appeal the decision: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...hit-stanley-cu

I absolutely believe he should be suspended (the hit was late and excessive) but I hope he appeals and the point of comparison is the Chara hit on Pacioretty. I think Bettman is the final arbitrator for suspensions though, so I doubt we'll see any changes. Could mean Rome goes complaining about preferential treatment for stars in front of the microphones though.

Old
06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

You should report it and let mods decide

Old
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Stradale

Quote:
What goes around comes around?

So what did the Bruins do to deserve Savard's career ending? Bergeron losing a year of his career?

Ridiculous...that and the fact people believe in superstitious nonsense like karma to begin with....
Seriously? Are you asking these questions for real?

Closed Thread