HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Playoff Discussion part 6

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Playoff Discussion part 6

Continue

Fanbase bashing is not tolerated on these boards. Whether or not you think members of a particular fan base are: obnoxious, arrogant, stupid ect, is irrelevant. Making sweeping statements about a fanbase that is negative is flaming. It will be treated as such and infractions will be awarded to those who do not follow the rules. (This warning has needed to be posted in the two previous playoff GDT threads. Now is as good a time as any)

Old
06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
OilerNut*

3rd time the Canucks have been blown out this playoffs.

Serious question, how does a championship team get blown out that many times?

Old
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
What makes me mad is how this could easily be 3-0 Boston in series if not for late game flukes for the Nucks
Oh I know, what could have been. (I wouldn't call it Canuck flukes though, I'd call it Boston blunders.)

Boston can't get too high after one win. Especially after running up the score like this. They've still got a mountain to climb. Realistically, going dow 0-2 meant they needed to ring off four straight in all liklihood. This is just the first step, and I'm still not overly confident that they're gonna win this thing.

But, it was nice to see one last vintage Canuck performance (well, hopefully three more to come ). Luongo getting shelled...Burrows and Kesler running around like frustrated idiots...Hughson crying about it all...good times. Can't wait for the Sportsnet Pacific postgame. Who wants to bet that John Garrett pins this one squarely on the refs?

Old
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Asher

Canucks still have a fragile ego. This is still the team that almost gassed a 3-0 lead to Chicago and would have lost if Hawks hadn't dug themselves such a deep hole. B's have to win the next game, have to. If they do, I really believe they will win the series.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
3rd time the Canucks have been blown out this playoffs.

Serious question, how does a championship team get blown out that many times?
Because, unlike most championship teams, they are willing to quit on a game, and add to that their lack of ability to be accountable in any way, that leads you to getting blown out.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

That Kesler sure is a tough guy taking on Seidenberg. That's just like taking on Lucic or Chara. 1 down 3 to go, go Bruins!

06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Fishy Scales

While this was an absolutely pathetic display by the 'Nucks, it still just counts as one loss. Game 4 will be a completely different game.

I think the single most important thing to come out of this game isn't even 7uongo going one up on himself, but the fact that Boston got a lot of guys going on the scoresheet. That may end up meaning the world to them in this series, especially if Horton is out for the duration.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That Kesler sure is a tough guy taking on Seidenberg. That's just like taking on Lucic or Chara. 1 down 3 to go, go Bruins!
What's worse is the way he fought him, Seidenberg was willing, but he tackles and then throws punches when he's face down on the ice.

Kesler, like the Nucks in general, is a coward, Vancouver is truly a pathetic group. And they wonder why no one respect them.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Ogopogo*

Tonight's game was sooooooooooo friggin' good. I think it was better than sex.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Eytinge

Kesler is such a tough guy, dodges everyone on the Bruins then fights Seidenberg? What a puss. I loved seeing Lucic punch Burrows, wished he grabbed a hold of him and pummeled him.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:14 PM
BlowbyBlow

This is one of those games you can chalk it up to a loss. I think its woken up Boston though. Friends (fans of the Canucks) saying Boston would maybe win one game in this series, don't no the resilience of the team.

I have to say Boston has gone to some game 7's against Montreal, had that setback with Philadelphia last year. They are playoff tested when it comes to adversity.

I also said all along the team that can win a won goal game will win the series, or a 1-0 game. No other game will be like this. Even Patrick Roy got shelled against Detroit years back with 6+ goals.

However, Luongo is no Roy who can stand on his head. I do think they are fragile if they lose a game at home. The old cliche saying your never in trouble until you lose on at home.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
oilfaninvan

I think Boston knows what to do now. Gonna be a great game 4. can't wait.

Loved this game, great response by Boston. They played exactly how they needed to.

Luon8o Conn Smythe #fail was legendary.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Eytinge

7uon8o is back!

Old
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Kesler is such a tough guy, dodges everyone on the Bruins then fights Seidenberg? What a puss. I loved seeing Lucic punch Burrows, wished he grabbed a hold of him and pummeled him.
That was a beauty it reminded me of when Evander Kane clocked Cooke, two highlights of the year for me

Old
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Now that's what I'd call a Beantown Beatdown

Old
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

I REALLY want somebody to know Torres TFO. Dirty player. All he does is go around the ice looking to injure somebody.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 1439
So it's safe to say all the bandwagon 'nucks fans with new jerseys won't be showing off at my school for a while. Phew.

Old
BrinkOfGreatness*

*knock

Old
Pools Closed*

Luon8o looking like vezina trophy material

Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
What's worse is the way he fought him, Seidenberg was willing, but he tackles and then throws punches when he's face down on the ice.

Kesler, like the Nucks in general, is a coward, Vancouver is truly a pathetic group. And they wonder why no one respect them.
There is literally no one I like on that team. Even when I was cheering hard against Anaheim a few years ago I have to admit that at least I liked Selanne. I don't like anyone on Vancouver though. I used to like Raffi but he's playing a helluva lot dirtier now. I liked Luongo when he was on Florida, before he turned into a whinny b****. There is literally no one that I like on that team.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

How much do you want to bet that the Nucks will whine about the officiating, then turn around and dive and embellish all game 4? You saw how hard the Sedin's were trying tonight. I just hope the refs understand this and show them that your cheap cheese antics don't work in the SCF.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkOfGreatness View Post
I REALLY want somebody to know Torres TFO. Dirty player. All he does is go around the ice looking to injure somebody.
Meanwhile he's the shizz and Messier was a thug according to some.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
There is literally no one I like on that team. Even when I was cheering hard against Anaheim a few years ago I have to admit that at least I liked Selanne. I don't like anyone on Vancouver though. I used to like Raffi but he's playing a helluva lot dirtier now. I liked Luongo when he was on Florida, before he turned into a whinny b****. There is literally no one that I like on that team.
I used to sort of like Raymond local kid, yet even he can play with that same Canuck mentality.

I wonder if there is a possibility of Horton being back later in the series, and if Seguin draws back into the lineup.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Horton alert but will stay in the hospital for observation. Best of wishes to him.

Old
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
How much do you want to bet that the Nucks will whine about the officiating, then turn around and dive and embellish all game 4? You saw how hard the Sedin's were trying tonight. I just hope the refs understand this and show them that your cheap cheese antics don't work in the SCF.
The refs had a great opportunity when Daniel fell down right by the Boston net. If I am ref I give him a penalty every time for unsportsmanlike conduct. I would give that every time.

Closed Thread