HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

SCF: Boston Bruins (3) vs. Vancouver Canucks (1) (Part Orr/Diduck - Canucks 3-2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Bruins 165 50.61%
Canucks 143 43.87%
Other 18 5.52%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

vCash: 500
Not particularly concerned as a Canucks fan; for some reason our team has a habit of getting blown out every so often, but that didn't stop them from accumulating 68 wins over the regular season and playoffs. They have a tendency to bounce back well, and not allow poor play to follow over from game to game.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
TOML

Prediction: Horton 'defies all odds' by performing a ridiculously-early game 6 or 7 return in which he is a factor against Vancouver's depleted defense.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
He's also ahead of Patricia Bergeron.
Well... Considering you are wrong, let's have the fact straight:

Bergeron: 8 shots
Vezina Thomas: 1 hit
Henrika Sedin: 0 shot

So my affirmation was right. Timmy does have more hits than Henrika has shot in this series.

Yours, couldn't be more wrong.

Go B's Go! Beat these divers!

Old
06-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion19 View Post
If that's the case and it is a late hit then it should be suspendable, but only on that precedent. The hospitalization should not (even though it will) have any barring on the suspension. Like I said, if Horton was a bit shaken up but fine Rome would have received a 2 min penalty and no suspension.

For the sake of argument, there's been many similar hits in terms of how late it was, especially in the playoffs where we see guys finish their checks 1+ second after the puck left the carriers stick. There needs to be more consistency (surprise, surprise!) from the league. All 1+ second late hits should be suspendable or none of them should be.

Herein lies the problem es as if you were to suspend all late hits almost all players would sooner or later be suspended, but is it right to suspend a player because his late night caused injury? I'd say no. If that hit was replicated but resulted in no injury, there would be no suspension.

What I'm trying to get as is punish the act not the result, either all similar hits should be suspendable or none at all regardless of injury. Otherwise it would leave players confused as to what hits are legal. If one can throw a similar hit and not get suspended why should another player be suspended for the same action?
I think if you can mark the act as illegal, then the result should also come into play.

This isn't just about the rules, it's about the safety of the players. Even though hits like that are an integral part of hockey, players are getting seriously injured out there.

If we agree that the hit was illegal, then the message shouldn't just be about the legality of it. It should include that someone got seriously injured because you didn't follow the rules, and that's something that won't be tolerated in this league.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
seeking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Horton confirmed to be done for the series.

Monstrous blow to the Bruins lineup. That just might have killed their chances.
people that haven't been watching the Bruins team closely all season don't understand how extreme the depth of the Bruins goes and how unreliant the team is on one line or one player, the Bruins are not like most teams that way

Old
06-07-2011, 12:41 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking View Post
people that haven't been watching the Bruins team closely all season don't understand how extreme the depth of the Bruins goes and how unreliant the team is on one line or one player, the Bruins are not like most teams that way
If Claude puts Seguin with Krejci and Lucic it'll make it a hell of a lot harder for Vancouver to match up against that line. Injection of speed, although we'd lose some of Horton's spectacular boardplay.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:45 PM
seeking*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
If Claude puts Seguin with Krejci and Lucic it'll make it a hell of a lot harder for Vancouver to match up against that line. Injection of speed, although we'd lose some of Horton's spectacular boardplay.
it will be interesting to see what he does, Ryder would look great on the top line too, Peverley is very fast too and would be able to get the puck to the other two

Old
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
MikeyD*

My Boston Bruins impersonation as a Canucks fan: Horton dove, I can't believe Horton didn't get a penalty for clearly being a ***** and staying on the ice.

Pretty good, hey?

Old
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
So I take it the Bruins won the cup last night?

Old
06-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
So I take it the Bruins won the cup last night?
If this was Champions League soccer the Canucks would be in bigggg trouble for sure.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
rye&ginger

Key for the Canucks is to get pucks moving quicker from the D up the ice. Ballard will help with that, so would Tanev if the coaches really want to frustrate the Bruins. Alberts was decent in game 2 and 3 but he is slooooow.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Dannucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
If this was Champions League soccer the Canucks would be in bigggg trouble for sure.
But it is not. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if it is by 1 goal or 7. And last time I checked the Canucks are still up in the series.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Wait, it's not? Did anyone tell Daniel or Henrik that?

Old
06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Key for the Canucks is to get pucks moving quicker from the D up the ice. Ballard will help with that, so would Tanev if the coaches really want to frustrate the Bruins. Alberts was decent in game 2 and 3 but he is slooooow.
He's slow, but he seemed like your only D-man who could really handle the physical forecheck. That being said, mostly anyone in the league would be an upgrade over Alberts, the guy is a complete pylon.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Whale

sry, misunderstanding, deleted

Old
06-07-2011, 01:27 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
He's slow, but he seemed like your only D-man who could really handle the physical forecheck. That being said, mostly anyone in the league would be an upgrade over Alberts, the guy is a complete pylon.
Well the plan is to move the puck before the forecheck gets there. Its been the bread and butter for the Canucks. Alberts and Rome cant do that.

The D was man for man terrible in game 3 for reasons that Rome was sent off early so they played a lot more and with odd pairings, and clearly they had bad games as well.

Aside from the really bad hit on Horton, I thought everything the Bruins tried worked, while what the Canucks tried didnt work. I cant see that happening again.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
chuckdobbins

I don't know how we went from a 1-0 game, to a 3-2 OT game...to an 8-1 drubbing. Last night was very enjoyable for me, I'm just so confused on how that all changed so drastically.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Luthoree
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I don't know how we went from a 1-0 game, to a 3-2 OT game...to an 8-1 drubbing. Last night was very enjoyable for me, I'm just so confused on how that all changed so drastically.
Because the Canucks have lost it.

They won't get it back together. At least not for tomorrow.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Wow...

I guess the Canucks aren't taking the series so easily as much of their fan base would have you believe.

Getting shalacked 8-1 is a message sending game.

Bring on game 4.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Islanderfan17

I think the B's are going to tie the series, we all know what happens when a team gets in Luongo's head.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Wow...

I guess the Canucks aren't taking the series so easily as much of their fan base would have you believe.

Getting shalacked 8-1 is a message sending game.

Bring on game 4.
Shellacked.

I've always been wary of the Bruins. I was a little confused by their limp performances in games 1 and 2. Last night was more the Bruins team I was expecting to see.

You overestimate the confidence of long term Canucks fans. Our cup drought is even longer than yours, and it's last since we came into the league. Those of us who have been cheering for the team for a couple of decades have come to reflexively anticipate failure. It's always a delightful surprise when we win.

Old
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Nearly everything the Canucks tried did not work, nearly everything the Bruins did worked.

Someone want to argue otherwise? 2 PK goals for the Bruins is a pretty strong case.

Old
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I think the B's are going to tie the series, we all know what happens when a team gets in Luongo's head.
I don't know if it will carry over to game 4 (I hope it does) but last night was awful. Luongo was clearly rattled after the 2-0 goal. He was flinching and guessing at pucks after that, before shots even came his way.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Nearly everything the Canucks tried did not work, nearly everything the Bruins did worked.

Someone want to argue otherwise? 2 PK goals for the Bruins is a pretty strong case.
No arguments here. It still doesn't make much sense to me. Why did everything suddenly work one way and not the other?

Bruins dominated that game, played pissed off, and I hope to hell it carries over.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
just22
Registered *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
yeah, we all know what happened in round 1 after chicago got in his head

Closed Thread