03-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 335
3/9/17 - Wild vs Lightning - 6:30PM CT / 2:30AM Suomi - FSN

NHL
Quote:
• Lightning forward J.T. Brown hails from Burnsville and won a national championship with the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2011.

• Tampa Bay assistant coach Todd Richards spent two seasons behind the bench as Minnesota's head coach from 2009 to 2011.

Go Wild!

Old
03-09-2017, 07:51 AM
DANOZ28

vCash: 500
we've got to play better than last game. lets get this mean green machine rolling again! c'mon boys lets go ,im runnin outta fuel.

Old
03-09-2017, 08:06 AM
gphr513
Watch the world burn

Bounceback game would be nice.

"Great moments are born from great opportunities." -Herb Brooks
Old
03-09-2017, 09:09 AM
57special

vCash: 50
Is Doobs in net?

Old
03-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

Coyle to the 4th line. Wake up, kid.

Old
03-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Uberdachen
Posts Last 5 Minutes

Stewart's placement has me more concerned than Coyle's.

Old
03-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57special View Post
is doobs in net?

Old
03-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Engebretson
The Bruce is Loose

vCash: 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdachen View Post
Stewart's placement has me more concerned than Coyle's.
Yeah, I'm not sure what BB thinks is working so well with the Parise-Staal-Stewart line. I know a lot of guys are struggling, but I wouldn't consider that to be a line that needs to be kept together.

Old
03-09-2017, 11:26 AM
123TripleDoge

no Dumba again

Old
03-09-2017, 11:29 AM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123TripleDoge View Post
no Dumba again
I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of prosser this year. I wanna give reilly another shot, but maybe Lalonde says he isn't ready..

Old
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Wabit

These lines are confusing.

I want to see:
Zucker/Koivu/Granny-shutdown line 1
Haula/Hanzal/Pommer-shutdown line 2
Both lines have good counterattack scoring and are solid defensively.
Toss the other 6 FWDs in a hat and see what happens.

Old
03-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what BB thinks is working so well with the Parise-Staal-Stewart line. I know a lot of guys are struggling, but I wouldn't consider that to be a line that needs to be kept together.
I never liked Boudreau as a Coach. He normally chooses the playoff as the moment to destroy his season...now it seems like the destruction of the team already started.

A few days ago he talked about finding consistent lines...yet he does the exact opposite. A half decent coach wouldn't even think a minute about going into the playoffs with those lines. Staal and Haula line make zero sense. I also get the obsession with the Koivu line. As a line, they have been pretty bad lately.

As long as everyone is healthy, Stewart, Haula and White should be the 4th line any day of the year. That's already one heck of a 4th line. All that talk about balance is just nonsense. We could have three almost equal lines plus one of the best 4th lines in the league.

I'd be fine with experiments at this stage of the season. That said, if that's the way Boudreau wants to find consistent lines...then I'm really worried. That would be truely scary.

Old
03-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator

vCash: 1068
Just ****ing win.

Old
03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabit View Post
These lines are confusing.

I want to see:
Zucker/Koivu/Granny-shutdown line 1
Haula/Hanzal/Pommer-shutdown line 2
Both lines have good counterattack scoring and are solid defensively.
Toss the other 6 FWDs in a hat and see what happens.
Nah. You need your best Centers in the middle. White can play Center but he didn't do it for quite some time now. Also didn't take lots of faceoffs lately and that's why his numbers dropped. I always saw Coyle as a Center but to be fair, he almost always failed. He's much better as a power/shutdown forward.

Old
03-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Just ****ing win.
Not gonna win much with those kind of lineups. I can promise you that. Luckily we can afford to mess up for a while...
Still, Boudreau's brainfarts suck ass. Maybe he also has the virus? Get well soon!

Old
03-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
I never liked Boudreau as a Coach. He normally chooses the playoff as the moment to destroy his season...now it seems like the destruction of the team already started.

A few days ago he talked about finding consistent lines...yet he does the exact opposite. A half decent coach wouldn't even think a minute about going into the playoffs with those lines. Staal and Haula line make zero sense. I also get the obsession with the Koivu line. As a line, they have been pretty bad lately.

As long as everyone is healthy, Stewart, Haula and White should be the 4th line any day of the year. That's already one heck of a 4th line. All that talk about balance is just nonsense. We could have three almost equal lines plus one of the best 4th lines in the league.

I'd be fine with experiments at this stage of the season. That said, if that's the way Boudreau wants to find consistent lines...then I'm really worried. That would be truely scary.
Yeah, I'm happy he's experimenting now... Rather than the playoffs. We're almost a guaranteed lock at this point, so I'm fine with him scrambling lines.

Old
03-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Yeah, I'm happy he's experimenting now... Rather than the playoffs. We're almost a guaranteed lock at this point, so I'm fine with him scrambling lines.
Yeah. Like I said...I wouldn't be worried if Boudreau hadn't talked about finding consistent lines. It really scares me. If he declared it as experimentations I'd be fine with it.
But after his last lines clearly didn't work, he now came up with something even worse. I really hope that it's just the flu and that he'll get it together rather soon. This is nothing but terrible. Even with a proper 4th line he still has a lot of work to do. I don't see the Koivu line as a lock the way the played as of late. There's not much more time left to waste.

Old
03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
gphr513
Watch the world burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Yeah. Like I said...I wouldn't be worried if Boudreau hadn't talked about finding consistent lines. It really scares me. If he declared it as experimentations I'd be fine with it.
But after his last lines clearly didn't work, he now came up with something even worse. I really hope that it's just the flu and that he'll get it together rather soon. This is nothing but terrible. Even with a proper 4th line he still has a lot of work to do. I don't see the Koivu line as a lock the way the played as of late. There's not much more time left to waste.
I think you might be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Isn't "trying to find consistent lines" experimental by nature?

If he had come out and said "this is what we're rolling into the playoffs with", I would understand your concern.

Old
03-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphr513 View Post
I think you might be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Isn't "trying to find consistent lines" experimental by nature?

If he had come out and said "this is what we're rolling into the playoffs with", I would understand your concern.
I disagree. If you wanna find consistent lines, you put together the lineup together that's close from you have in mind for the playoffs. What we see now is nothing but a mess.

Old
03-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Bazeek
Registered Lurker

There's plenty of time to stabilize the lines. We're still coming out of the bye-week/trade deadline/mumps/whatever period and we've got players like Coyle still playing like they need a kick in the pants or a hug or something. I assume that getting everyone going is a higher priority than settling on playoff lines with 28 games to go, so do some juggling.

If you've got time on your side, use it.

Old
03-09-2017, 01:24 PM
nickschultzfan

I do not get the lines either. Just when the team is healthy for the first time in a while and after we added two new players, we are goofing around with players on their off-wing or re-trying experiments that didnt work last fall. Let's work backwards.

Stewart-Haula-White
This is the obviously 4th line for the playoffs so might as well get them working on chemistry now. Also, Stewart becomes total garbage in the top9.

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Not worried about a few bad games coming out of the bye week. Let them work through it and tell them to be a little less cute.

Nino-Hazal-Pominville
This is the 3rd line we should have. Would be very balanced all around. Let them build something.

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Put three anchors on one line. Challenge them to be better. Demote they together to the 4th line if they arent cutting it. They will respond at the right time.

Old
03-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Hinterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I do not get the lines either. Just when the team is healthy for the first time in a while and after we added two new players, we are goofing around with players on their off-wing or re-trying experiments that didnt work last fall. Let's work backwards.

Stewart-Haula-White
This is the obviously 4th line for the playoffs so might as well get them working on chemistry now. Also, Stewart becomes total garbage in the top9.

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Not worried about a few bad games coming out of the bye week. Let them work through it and tell them to be a little less cute.

Nino-Hazal-Pominville
This is the 3rd line we should have. Would be very balanced all around. Let them build something.

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Put three anchors on one line. Challenge them to be better. Demote they together to the 4th line if they arent cutting it. They will respond at the right time.
Totally agree with you. These lines would make a lot of sense. That said, since we got time, I would like to see Parise with Hanzal or a reunion of the Niederreiter, Koivu and Coyle line. Even with a locked 4th line, there's still a lot of work. Lots of combinations possible.

Old
03-09-2017, 03:13 PM
roon

Quote:

Stewart-Haula-White

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund

Nino-Hazal-Pominville

Parise-Staal-Coyle

In what world has Coyle played like he deserves to be with Staal and Parise?

The current version of Charlie Coyle needs to be in Iowa.

Old
03-09-2017, 03:43 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
In what world has Coyle played like he deserves to be with Staal and Parise?

The current version of Charlie Coyle needs to be in Iowa.
The world where Staal and Parise have also been horribly underperforming.

Old
03-09-2017, 03:56 PM
roon

Quote:
The world where Staal and Parise have also been horribly underperforming.
Parise when not hurt has been a pretty impactful player.

Staal has fallen off a bit from his earlier pace this year.

Charlie has just been invisible.

Closed Thread