HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2011 Draft

Old
06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
canada eh

vCash: 500
2011 Draft

1. Edmonton - Ryan Nugent Hopkins - while i think Edmonton should pick Larsson, as defenceman like that don't come along often, while top end skilled forwards are along every year (hall, eberle, paarjvi gagner) but hopkins is seen as best playmaker in draft, with incredible vision and hands, as well as a great set of wheels

2. Colorado - Adam Larsson - Colorado is lacking defensive talent, and Larsson brings that in spades. Defense, offense, skating, passing, checking, the big swede is the whole package and will be 2nd pick minimum

3. Florida - Sean Couturier - Coutch has got the short end of the stick this year, but he remains a top end offensive prospect with a big body presence down the middle, neither of which florida has. and with no number 1 center in the forseeable future, hes also a perfect fit. Comes with good hands excellent hockey sense and above average puck protection skills, all which make him dangerous down low and off the cycle

4. NJ -Gabriel Landeskog - proclaimed most nhl ready player in draft, also most complete. fits well in NJ, but a player of this two way quality would fit in anywhere. has a goal scoring prowess to go along with tireless work ethic and excellent checking game (picked as top body checker by OHL coaches)

5. NYI - Dougie Hamilton - 6'4 and a giant in the corners, Hamilton can beat you on the scoreboard by scoring on you or shutting you down.

6. Ottawa - Jonathan Huberdeau - came out of nowhere with 105 points this year, hub has sick hands and has a penchant for scoring big goals. Vision and playmaking make him a great fit in nations capital

7. Winnipeg - Ryan Strome - Another fast rising offensive center, strome is labeled as a playmaker with a hard compete level. Burmy and Strome make a good 1-2 punch down the middle in years to come

8. Columbus - Sven Bartschi - teammate of future Jacket Johansen put up similar numbers this year, while it being his rookie year. talented offensive forward will be a great pickup

9. Boston - Ryan Murphy - offensive dynamo racks up the points from the blueline, but lacks defensive skills. Boston doesnt even have room for another top end forward, and doesnt have a premier offensive dman, but not many do of murphys talent

10. Minnesota - Mika Zibanejad - while they may be short on notable dmen, the silky swede is bpa and minny wouldnt be smart to pass up on talent like this at their home draft

11. Colorado - Joel Armia - big bodied power forward who scores. sound familiar colorado?

12. Carolina - Zach Phillips - stepped up last year by nabbing skinner, and they do the same this year with Phillips, a talented two way player whos stock appears lower than his talents, much like skinner a year prior. They look to repeat the feat this year as skinner has been gold for them

13. Calgary - Nathan Beaulieu - toss up between him and siemens, they take the more offensive of the two. is a smooth skater who plays with some toughness

14. Dallas - Duncan Siemens - with a bevy of offensive players on the team and players like glennie in the system, the team is short on d depth on the ice and in the system, and siemens is a bona fide prospect with toughness and excellent skating ability

15. NYR - Alexander Kochlachev - not afraid of the russian factor, already in NA. Works hard and brings points along with him

16. Buffalo - Mark McNeill - already full bodied, compared to bobby ryan. Power forward, good hockey sense

17. Montreal - Brandon Saad - had strong start to the year before tailing off, its a question how he will respond to a disappointing season. Hes still a big two way forward with a good defensive game and offensive talent. nhl ready build

18. Chicago - Jamie Oleksiak - core already in place, great group of prospects, Chi takes a project player in Oleksiak . Hes 6'7 and has gotten reviews of good hands and feet, reminds people of tyler myers. May not be far off

19. Edmonton - Matt Puempel - many expect Edm to take a D and a forward in the first round, but with a 19th pick they wont be getting anyone ready to step in, so they take Puempel, an elite goal scorer with top ten talent. Many believe the bad team he was on hampered his numbers. Could be one of the best forwards out of the draft

20. Phoenix - David Musil - big defenseman plays a steady game, constantly improving

21. Anaheim - Thomas Jurco - undeniably skilled forward ramped it up in mem cup, impressing many along the way

22. Pittsburgh - Ty Rattie - scoring winger couldn't be a better fit in Pittsburgh. Natural goal scorer puts up numbers

23. Ottawa - Nicklas Jensen - big strong winger needs to toughen up

24. Detroit - Tyler Biggs - Instigating power forward has offensive potential, detroit will give him plenty of time to find his game

25. Toronto - Joe Morrow - Sports good two way game, TO in need of pretty much anything

26. Washington - Mark scheifele - made his mark playing for a bad team

27. TBay - Rocco Grimaldi - undersized but scores goals. Can learn from marty. Very fast and agile

28. San Jose - John Gibson - love to develop goalies, first Gibson to be drafted

29. Toronto - Phillip Danault - burkies kind of player

30. Vancouver - Dmitri Jaskin - big czech with upside

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
HarveySpecter

Not bad.. although edm should trade up and grab a defenceman if none of siemens or oleksiak drop to them, and i think zibanejad will go sooner come draft day

HarveySpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I think the Rangers would pick McNeill, Puempel, or Schiefele over the Russian but that's the general consensus among Ranger fans.

06-07-2011, 10:55 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan3131 View Post
Not bad.. although edm should trade up and grab a defenceman if none of siemens or oleksiak drop to them, and i think zibanejad will go sooner come draft day
sooner than who? bartschi? swedes are hard to judge but bartschi put up neiderreiter like numbers so he'll be tough to pass on. maybe they will.. or maybe they'll just take larsson?

Old
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
wings95

I like the Wings pick but if their is a d available that they really like I am sure that they will take him.

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Backlund

vCash: 50
Flames will take a forward.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

1. I don't see Huberdeau outside of the Top4
2. I like Oleksiak to the Hawks

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:19 AM
islandersfreak21

I don't think Isles pass on Huberdeau.

islandersfreak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Silly Goose

I think i f Landeskog is still there @ 4, then NJ will be fielding a lot of phone calls from teams looking to trade up.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Huberdeau and Jensen? Perfect. I like it.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
canada eh

I'm sure the wings have their eye on someone.

Flames might but its hard to pass on dmen of that quality, they need the best of whatever they can get.

I could see hub going before landy.. He's somewhat overrated imo. Lower point totals than Richards at his age and richards went way lower, and was a selke finalist

Ottawa has been rumoured to wanting to move up, but ya I'm sure a lot of teams want a crack at the top players in the draft

I think hubs draft ranking has been inflated but he is a top notch prospect either way. I'm a fan of strome and hope he falls to winnipeg at 7

Old
06-08-2011, 01:15 PM
IslandersFan17

I have said it on a couple other threads, there is no telling what the islanders will do. They are kind of a wild card at #5. However, if Huberdeau falls to the Islanders there is no way they can pass him up.

Zibanejad will also work his way into the top 5 if you ask me. Could be the surprise of the class.

Larsson should be the #1 overall pick but wont and should go #2 as well but wont either.

Couturier without a doubt could and should be the pick for the Panthers. Sean is a victim of being over scouted and over analysed with being the top prospect for over a year now. Sean set the bar high early and scouts started to nit-pic his game. IMO kind of like Cam Fowler and we all saw how that panned out for the Ducks.

As far as NJ I think they could be the time to take a chance on Zibanejad. If not I could see them taking a guy like Beaulieu.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:24 PM
zaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandersfreak21 View Post
I don't think Isles pass on Huberdeau.
Agreed. It's funny how so many of these mock user drafts have the Isles passing on Couturier or another Forward in the top 5 for a D.. :shrug:

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:44 PM
hdtrax

Awful for Toronto. Morrow is good but we have d-men in the pipeline. No way Burke would pass on Scheifele for him (even though he'll go much higher). With Jenner still on board, I don't see them passing on him at 29 either. Danault is a second rounder, probably a better fit for our 39th pick.

Doesn't matter seeing as Toronto will likely keep 29 and trade up 25+39 to grab someone at around 16-19.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I have said it on a couple other threads, there is no telling what the islanders will do. They are kind of a wild card at #5. However, if Huberdeau falls to the Islanders there is no way they can pass him up.

Zibanejad will also work his way into the top 5 if you ask me. Could be the surprise of the class.

Larsson should be the #1 overall pick but wont and should go #2 as well but wont either.

Couturier without a doubt could and should be the pick for the Panthers. Sean is a victim of being over scouted and over analysed with being the top prospect for over a year now. Sean set the bar high early and scouts started to nit-pic his game. IMO kind of like Cam Fowler and we all saw how that panned out for the Ducks.

As far as NJ I think they could be the time to take a chance on Zibanejad. If not I could see them taking a guy like Beaulieu.
i have a feeling people have hamilton underrated. and if youre saying NJ may take beaulieu, why wouldnt they take murphy or douggie? theyd have to trade down to warrant beaulieu. But i enjoy your agreement with me on larsson and coutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Awful for Toronto. Morrow is good but we have d-men in the pipeline. No way Burke would pass on Scheifele for him (even though he'll go much higher). With Jenner still on board, I don't see them passing on him at 29 either. Danault is a second rounder, probably a better fit for our 39th pick.

Doesn't matter seeing as Toronto will likely keep 29 and trade up 25+39 to grab someone at around 16-19.
what d im not familiar with system? i thought about jenner there but i thought he might be a lower graded player and would perhaps be available to them in the 2nd round if they so choose. Danault just sounds like burkies kinda player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaius View Post
Agreed. It's funny how so many of these mock user drafts have the Isles passing on Couturier or another Forward in the top 5 for a D.. :shrug:
nyi forwards >>> nyi d

Old
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
HarveySpecter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe dragger18 View Post
sooner than who? bartschi? swedes are hard to judge but bartschi put up neiderreiter like numbers so he'll be tough to pass on. maybe they will.. or maybe they'll just take larsson?
Zibanejad has been rising quickly and im pretty sure most gm's have him ahead of bartshi and even some guys in your top 6

HarveySpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:33 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan3131 View Post
Zibanejad has been rising quickly and im pretty sure most gm's have him ahead of bartshi and even some guys in your top 6
I'm sure you don't know what gms are thinking, but I highly doubt he goes anywhere before columbus. They might like him more than bartschi, or they may not, who knows

Old
06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
hdtrax

Quote:
what d im not familiar with system? i thought about jenner there but i thought he might be a lower graded player and would perhaps be available to them in the 2nd round if they so choose. Danault just sounds like burkies kinda player
Jake Gardiner and Jesse Blacker bring kind of a similar skill set. Puckmoving, solid 2-way d-men. Jenner has character, skill and fits a positional need (center - probably 2nd or 3rd line) and to me looks exactly like a Burke kind of player. Kid has size, works hard and doesn't take a shift off.

Danault is similar but he is ranked around 39, which is where Toronto's second rounder is, so he could conceivably be grabbed there.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:
19. Edmonton - Matt Puempel - many expect Edm to take a D and a forward in the first round, but with a 19th pick they wont be getting anyone ready to step in, so they take Puempel, an elite goal scorer with top ten talent. Many believe the bad team he was on hampered his numbers. Could be one of the best forwards out of the draft
Couldn't agree more. This is the player I hope Edmonton targets with the 19th. We could use a 2nd sniper in the top 6 with Hall already their. RNH, Gagner, Hemsky, and PRV are all said to have very good vision, but not the best at putting the puck in the net. This would give them another pure scorer for the setup men to get the puck to.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Schefele to Washington? Yes please!

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
Schefele to Washington? Yes please!
That would be a steal. To bad Calgary will take him.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Jake Gardiner and Jesse Blacker bring kind of a similar skill set. Puckmoving, solid 2-way d-men. Jenner has character, skill and fits a positional need (center - probably 2nd or 3rd line) and to me looks exactly like a Burke kind of player. Kid has size, works hard and doesn't take a shift off.

Danault is similar but he is ranked around 39, which is where Toronto's second rounder is, so he could conceivably be grabbed there.
isnt jenner ranked similarly to danualt? its hard to tell theres so many different rankings, thn css iss or whatever they are. but yes jenner is a burke player, i definitely thought about him for that pick

Old
06-10-2011, 01:06 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Sharks won't take a goalie because, as you stated, they "love" developing goalies and have done so with many goalies in the system right now. They need scoring wingers.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Sharks won't take a goalie because, as you stated, they "love" developing goalies and have done so with many goalies in the system right now. They need scoring wingers.
dany Fuc*ing heatley?
seto?
marleau?
pev? coutch?

Old
06-10-2011, 08:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
dany Fuc*ing heatley?
seto?
marleau?
pev? coutch?
DFH is on the decline.
Seto is one.
Marleau is another, but he is getting older.
Pavelski and Couture are not wingers...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote