HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are your least-favourite Habs?

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2004, 08:54 PM
EquabaleAce

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
2002-03 : Doug Gilmour
That year he was a WASTE of money to me. He want to dictate his game, his ice-time, his ....everything & I hate that from a player.

If i recall.. He had a great playoff's....
He didn't play in the playoffs

he was traded to Toronto and busted up his knee.

If that is considered a great playoffs then i hope i get my playoff bonus from you.

Old
07-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Habsaku

Rucinsky
Traverse
Brisebois
Rivet
Dagenais
PERREAULT
Juneau
Dackell
Sundstrom
Savage
Hoglund
Darby
Manson
Audette

Old
07-19-2004, 09:03 PM
tritone

I hate Joe Thornton most, then after him I'd have to say Raycroft then Mclaren , Rolston , Lapointe , Green ....I hate the whole team really.

Oh, Montreal ? Awesome smoked meat.....Schwartz rules , Koivu's god!

where did anyone get the impression that we always talk positive about players ? I can't remember one single thread that didn't have at least one person bashing a Habs player .

But I know the drill, you don't like the thread don't read it blablabla

Old
07-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Richard Zednik
Niklas Sundstrom
Patrick Traverse & Karl Dykhuis

Past:
Sergei Berezin
Martin Rucinsky
Shayne Corson
Dave Manson
Benoit Brunet
Scott Lachance

Old
07-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
2. Gilbert Dionne
I thought about this guy the other day. What ever happened to him? If I remember correctly, he put up some pretty decent numbers with Montreal, and then seemed to disappear.

Old
07-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Ontario Habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer 93
I thought about this guy the other day. What ever happened to him? If I remember correctly, he put up some pretty decent numbers with Montreal, and then seemed to disappear.
Wasn't he dealt along with Leclair and Desjardins for Recchi??

Least favourite Habs:
Brisebois
Malakhov

Old
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
I think your a little hard on Brisebois, clearely our best D-man last year (yes i even think he was better than souray). Of course he wasnt as Explosive as Souray, but he was clearly our most consistant D-man, specially while Souray was (again) healing from another injury and while Markov was playing like a Midget C . Of course he wasnt that good last year or 3 years ago (like -35), but he did have a great season this year.

I know he's not gonna be that important in the future for us, since Markov seems to be back on track and we all know he can have great seasons like he did when he had something like 47 points in a seaosn. Still, Brisebois was an important part of our team last year, period.
I just don't see how I am hard on Brisebois saying he played against the weaker lines, it's a fact. They reduced his role so he could be more effective, thumps up to Julien for doing that. I don't know why I am hard saying he is a Daniel Tjarnqvist with more cheap assists on the powerplay. Tjarnvist played 1:04/game on the powerplay which is less than one third of Brisebois' powerplay time. Brisebois got 31 points while Tjarnqvist got 20. They both play a similar style of play, moving the puck up the ice safely out of danger doing the simple play and shying away from physical contact most of the time.

I think my comparison was right on the money, and for 4 million, it isn't good enough. The problem is even if Brisebois is doing the simple play constantly and produce his 30 points, he is still average. He had a great season if you look at Brisebois' standards I agree, he went from brutal to average NHL defenceman. I don't think saying Breezer is an average defenceman is being hard on him. I agree he was the most consistant defenceman but I don't think he was our best defenceman. And with Brisebois, you never know what you're getting his lastest patern is brutal-good-brutal-good over the last 4 years.

I never said he wasn't good last year or not important, my post was just pointing out that even if he improved he is still vastly over-paid and offers a very limited package that isn't worth his price tag.

Last edited by Mathieu Lavergne: 07-19-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old
07-19-2004, 09:31 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku K.
I just don't see how I am hard on Brisebois saying he played against the weaker lines, it's a fact. They reduced his role so he could be more effective, thumps up to Julien for doing that. I don't know why I am hard saying he is a Daniel Tjarnqvist with more cheap assists of the powerplay. Tjarnvist played 1:04/game on the powerplay which is less than one third of Brisebois' powerplay time. Brisebois got 31 points while Tjarnqvist got 20. They both play a similar style of play, moving the puck up the ice safely out of danger doing the simple play and shying away from physical contact most of the time.

I think my comparison was right on the money, and for 4 million, it isn't good enough. The problem is even if Brisebois was doing the simple play constantly and produced his 30 points, he is still average. He has a great season if you look at Brisebois' standards I agree, he went from brutal to average NHL defenceman. I don't think saying Breezer is an average defenceman is being hard on him. I agree he was the most consistant defenceman but I don't think he was our best defenceman. And with Brisebois, you never know what you're getting his lastest patern is brutal-good-brutal-good over the last 4 years.

I never said he wasn't good last year or not important, my post was just pointing out that even if he improved he is still vastly over-paid and offers a very limited package that isn't worth his price tag.
I couldn't agree more! You've got it right on the money....the overpaid money!!!! LOL ....smoked meat is on me!

Old
07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Roots73

Rejean Houle - Average player on a great dynasty... but turned an average team into cellar dwellers as GM.

Perry Turnbull - Great player... until he landed in MTL after trading a boatload of players to St. Louis for him.

Kjell Dahlin - Mats Naslund's heir apparant but turned out to be a human zamboni. One good season followed by two crappy ones and see ya later! All I remember from Kjell was seeing his carcass getting dumped on the ice.

Denis Savard - We gave up Chelios for that??? Wins the cup, although he was injured for the finals, and then he turns tail and rejoins the Blackhawks a few years later?? Nice spin-o-rama Denis!!

and last but not least...

Andre Racicot - Good thing we had Roy!! When your nic is " Red Light " ... it just about says it all. I think I pitied him more than hated him.

Old
07-19-2004, 11:18 PM
goalchenyuk

Jim Roberts
Shame Corson and his brother in law Tucker

Old
07-19-2004, 11:35 PM
EaGLE1

Murray Baron was one of the slowest player.
Traverse was a fragile, soft, incredibly ordinary d-man with much ice time.
Dagenais has been a pain to watch.
I always had a problem with Craig Rivet. He did OK did year.
Patrick Poulin, Joe Juneau, Andreas Dackell, represent why we were a bad team.

That's about it.

Old
07-19-2004, 11:37 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Rucinsky
Traverse
Brisebois
Rivet
Dagenais
PERREAULT
Juneau
Dackell
Sundstrom
Savage
Hoglund
Darby
Manson
Audette
Damn, you do a team with those players and we get 20 pts less than the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Old
07-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Inertiatic

Two words: Mike Ribeiro

Words cannot describe the hate.

Old
07-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Arel

Ling , Bureau , Baron , Bordeleau ,Fitzpatrick , Groleau , Houde , Popovic , Clark , Higgins , Ryan , Poulin , Dawe , Bashkirov , Deslisle, Guren , Higgins (matt), Jomphe , Richter , Shannon , Lachance , Zalapski , Kovalenko , RUcinsky , Lind , Withenal , Cummins , Wilkie , Vukota (oh my god...) , Chabot , Belanger, Darby , Descoteaux , Landry , Lindsay , Fiset, Dwyer ..ish...they're all out of montreal..ouff

Old
07-20-2004, 12:32 AM
ifesfor*

Hmmm habs that i hated

Marius Czerkawski for..being Marius Czerkawski!
Jocelyn thibault for his constant ability of giving one crappy goal per game.
Jan Bulis who need :how to shoot in the net for dummies" book.
Martin Rucinsky the one
Donald Audette L'osti d'paquet de nerf qui passe et shoot tout croche.
Chad Kilger
Gino Odjick for his constant lousy jokes and his way of always taking penalty when it was not the good time!!!!
Sergei Zholtok
Dainius Zubrus
Jonas Hoglund

thaaaats about it.

Old
07-20-2004, 12:48 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku K.
I can't say I hate a player, I try to stay objective as much as possible and make balanced analysis. Here is the players I dislike the most from the 2003-04 roster and people who read me won't find any surprise here:

Patrice Brisebois - Two years ago he wasn't NHL caliber. Now, he is at best a third pairing-defenceman who can QB the powerplay and plays against the weaker lines, like Daniel Tjarnvist with 10 more cheap assists on the powerplay. Hardly worth his high price tag.

Ron Hainsey - Big talent, shies away from contact shakey defence as a result, immature and cocky. Roy, Carbo were cocky but at least they loved the sport of hockey and were doing anything to win. I can still remember the Blake, Jovanovski, comparison.

Yanic Perreault - Hello, I have two tools in my game worth 1.4 million each, my faceoff abilities and my hands. I'm a liability in almost every other aspect of the game though.

Pierre Dagenais - Another two tools players, size and shot. Slow as a turtle and a horrible first step. I do think he deserves some credits since his production out-weighted the fact he is rarely seen in the defensive zone. Too cool for Jim Dowd.

I never disliked Traverse, he is easy to aim but I believe he was serviceable for us. Every time we lost people bashed traverse for most of the time no reasons at all, only because a lot of people did it and it was probably ''cool'' to say ''traverse sucks''. Traverse was better defensively than Brisebois two years ago but still, he couldn't crack a ECHL roster and he only played because Therrien was in love with him. Nice theory.

When Traverse was the first star against ottawa two years ago the first reaction was, ''those journalists are on drugs'' and when he won the award of best defenceman for hamilton, it was basically the same reaction. I have no problem with people disliking Traverse but it was just annoying to hear the same nonsense over and over again. I am by no mean a Traverse fan I must add.
I never disliked Traverse the person, but the player was not just bad, he was ugly... 2 years ago the whole team sucked and while I agree that Brisebois was probably the worst one, it does'nt make Traverse more serviceable for us, he still was a liability... The Bulldogs best defenseman title was simply symbolic to me, it was probably Traverse's last PRO year and it was rather a symbolic award.. I dont know if you saw some Bulldogs games this year but it was'nt more beautiful than it was in the NHL, Beauchemin is how much superior to Traverse, just no comparaison at all... Dukhuis, Cote even Plante were all more effective and more reliable than Traverse in the games I saw. Traverse was more effective and more reliable than Hainsey defensively but Hainsey is an alot better puckmover with a better shot and better passing skills..

About Brisebois.. I think Brisebois played like a decent #3 defenseman last regular season, what cant be said about the playoffs.

Old
07-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder and Mike Komisarek
what???

Old
07-20-2004, 03:15 AM
The Unseen Hand

I don't have energy to hate but I'll list players from our current team that I want to see playing for another team:

Ribeiro
Bulis
Dagenais
Hossa
Sundstrom
(maybe Zednik)

Brisebois
Rivet
Souray
Markov
Bouillon
Hainsey

Last edited by The Unseen Hand: 07-20-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old
07-20-2004, 05:57 AM
CrossCheck

Robert DIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
07-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintillating
Mario Tremblay!

I NEVER liked him as a player, and I liked him less as a coach!
He is the entire reason Pattie Roy walked away from this franchise. It's not only because of that game. It is widely known that Mario was Roy's room-mate in 85-86 and gave him a very hard time about his play (it wasn't that great in the regular season) and his inability to converse in English.
That inherent dislike for each other never went away, and as a result, Roy found an out to rid himself of this a-hole when Tremblay wouldn't remove him from that laugher of a game!
I often wonder how different things would have been if Tremblay had been removed instead of Roy!

By the way did I say :mad: I HATE TREMBLAY :mad:
Richer was his roommate by the way. And I loved Mario Tremblay.

Old
07-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

All the great puck dumpers that are worship on this board. So called two-players with NO offensive talent being called GOD by 90% of this board.

So of course I hate Sundstrom and Bulis. From last year, Juneau and Dackell could be added to that list as well.

Old
07-20-2004, 07:39 AM
mcphee

Laflamme drove me nuts. I wouldn't get too excited over the fact that he wasn't very good, we've had a lot of those, it was how he'd complain and call his agent after a benching, like he somehow deserved better. If anyone remembers Ron Flockhart, great speed, no hockey sense at all.

Old
07-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Scintillating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Richer was his roommate by the way. And I loved Mario Tremblay.
Tremblay was Roy's roommate in 85-86, Roy's first year and Mario's last, but no point in splitting hairs...

Tremblay was a decent player and played his role well. I can't even pinpoint what it is I disliked about him - his cockiness? his temper? It's like when you have a bad experience with food (or drink) early on in life...it leave's a bad taste in your mouth forever for that item of food or drink.
I think it was something Tremblay did...one incident...or maybe he took a penalty in a game I was watching while I was drinking the grounds from my Dad's homemade malt???

Old
07-20-2004, 11:42 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintillating
Tremblay was Roy's roommate in 85-86, Roy's first year and Mario's last, but no point in splitting hairs...

Tremblay was a decent player and played his role well. I can't even pinpoint what it is I disliked about him - his cockiness? his temper? It's like when you have a bad experience with food (or drink) early on in life...it leave's a bad taste in your mouth forever for that item of food or drink.
I think it was something Tremblay did...one incident...or maybe he took a penalty in a game I was watching while I was drinking the grounds from my Dad's homemade malt???
Tremblay was not the most skilled player, but none had the heart he had. I don't know how you could hate him as a player. He was a pure winner.

Old
07-20-2004, 11:47 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen Hand
I don't have energy to hate but I'll list players from our current team that I want to see playing for another team:

Ribeiro
Bulis
Dagenais
Hossa
Sundstrom
(maybe Zednik)

Brisebois
Rivet
Souray
Markov
Bouillon
Hainsey
What? Bulis is a great 3rd line player. Sundstrom too. Brisebois played great all season long, Sourray was awesome except in the playoffs. Markov is freakin' great, Bouillon played good too. Did you only take in account the playoffs or something? If not I just don't get it.

Closed Thread