HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets shopping the 8th Overall. PHI, EDM interested?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
  #1
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,447
vCash: 500
Jackets shopping the 8th Overall. PHI, EDM interested?

Dispatch jumps in on the Carter rumors... And other relevant items...

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2011/06...and_more.shtml

blahblah is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
  #2
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 500
if the 8th goes to the oilers for one of hemsky or gilbert i am going to be the crankiest camper

wahsnairb is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 02:57 PM
  #3
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
if the 8th goes to the oilers for one of hemsky or gilbert i am going to be the crankiest camper
Good Jesus.... only not it... Fortunately Howson is not an idiot to make this deal.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
  #4
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO
 
Goaliemon89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
I'm convinced that Kevin Lowe is the only other GM's number that Howson has....

Goaliemon89 is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
  #5
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper
 
CentreKeeper12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Italy
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Jeff carter or bust......... if we get one of those oilers ill be

CentreKeeper12 is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:08 PM
  #6
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
Oh hey, the trade proposals we made up, made its way to the dispatch as a "source", what a surprise.

Doug19 is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:08 PM
  #7
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
if the 8th goes to the oilers for one of hemsky or gilbert i am going to be the crankiest camper
Would it be better if it was both of them, and only for the 8th?

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
  #8
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
I'm convinced that Kevin Lowe is the only other GM's number that Howson has....
I may have to revise this image soon:


For actual counterpoints, however, please note that RJ Umberger came here from Philadelphia, Fedor Tyutin is a Jacket by way of the New York Rangers, Antoine Vermette was drafted by the Ottawa Senators before he came here at the deadline, and that the GM of the Oilers is Steve Tambellini.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
  #9
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
I'm convinced that Kevin Lowe is the only other GM's number that Howson has....
Lowe technically isn't their GM any more, but I agree that someone needs to take Edmonton off Howie's speed dial.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  #10
wahsnairb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Would it be better if it was both of them, and only for the 8th?
yes and no

that is a piece that can be used to bring in much better talent than those two and it would be a shame if that's the best we could get for it, but i think having the two of them would be more beneficial to a team looking to win sooner rather than later than an 8th (assuming hemsky doesn't die this season or something)

wahsnairb is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  #11
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Oh hey, the trade proposals we made up, made its way to the dispatch as a "source", what a surprise.
...so I hear we are talking to TB about Stamkos....

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
  #12
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
...so I hear we are talking to TB about Stamkos....
Part of a deal to make cap space for Richards. They want to bring him home, and Stamkos is in the way.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
  #13
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
...so I hear we are talking to TB about Stamkos....
i can't wait to see this tweet....

Fro is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
  #14
Whatthehellwasthat
I am defense
 
Whatthehellwasthat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Philly paper reporting same rumor

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/

Whatthehellwasthat is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
  #15
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I opted to borrow some of Palinka's research (see here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=872036) to compile the following.


ALL hockey players (NHL, AHL, prospect, otherwise) we have acquired from Edmonton during the Scott Howson era:
Raffi Torres (trade)
Dick Tarnstrom (trade)
Ethan Moreau (waiver claim)

If you count UFAs, add Jan Hejda and Matthieu Roy.

NOTABLE hockey players (read: NHL minutes, or current AHL prospects) we have acquired from EVERYWHERE ELSE during the Scott Howson era:
Aaron Rome (trade)
Clay Wilson (trade)
Ted Ruth (trade)
Jonathan Sigalet (trade)
RJ Umberger (trade)
Fedor Tyutin (trade)
Christian Backman (trade)
Michael Blunden (trade)
Jason Williams (trade)
Wade Dubielewicz (waiver claim)
Chris Gratton (waiver claim)
Antoine Vermette (trade)
Anton Stralman (trade)
Michael Ratchuk (trade)
Milan Jurcina (trade)
Chris Clark (trade)
Nathan Paetsch (trade)
Sami Lepisto (trade)
Scotty Upshall (trade)

If you count UFAs, add about eleven or twelve more guys, including Commodore, Huselius, MacKenzie, Wilson, Peca (played for Toronto last), and Garon (played for Pittsburgh last.)

If I included prospect and/or minor league trades, this list would about double in size and the Edmonton list would be (IIRC) untouched.

So, can we please stop bellyaching any time Edmonton is mentioned?

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
  #16
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
So, can we please stop bellyaching any time Edmonton is mentioned?
What if I had a bad meal in Edmonton once and every time someone brings it up it reminds us of that painful and psyche-scarring memory?

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
  #17
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Hey, I am the original source of this rumor. I have been saying it for awhile. What that guy says in the Philly paper is pretty much what I have been reading on combined Flyers sites that I follow. They want Bryz, they need to make room for him, so someone has to go and the most expendable is Carter plus they would be getting back from us decent value. I really think Carter goes. Hopefully another team does not undercut us and steal Carter away from us.

EDM is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
  #18
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
What if I had a bad meal in Edmonton once and every time someone brings it up it reminds us of that painful and psyche-scarring memory?
In that case, having a bellyache is okay, but please don't kvetch about it. It might be misconstrued as a reason for me to set you on fire.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
  #19
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Lowe technically isn't their GM any more, but I agree that someone needs to take Edmonton off Howie's speed dial.
Actually, can someone get Howson the phone numbers for the other GM's in the NHL? Maybe he can put more than two of them on his speed dial.

Fred Glover is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
  #20
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,936
vCash: 500
This speculation begets "rumor" thing is funny.

I had a friend a few years back who speculated that the Lakers should consider a certain player. Mind you, he had no inside knowledge, he just looked for a deal that addressed a need.

Next thing you know, he got a call from a guy who ran an influential blog. The guy apparently ran the rumor up the flag pole and some "insiders" proclaimed that they thought there was something to it. That night, it is on Sportscenter.

Is this the case with this rumor? Who knows. The nature of the rumor business is such that you don't know until a deal is closed. People give a lot of guff to He Who Shall Never Be Named, but the truth is GM's have all kind of discussions, but that doesn't mean that 99% of them lead anywhere.

Hopefully there is some truth to these rumors. It would be nice to see something happen to re-instill some faith in this organization.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
  #21
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Hey, I am the original source of this rumor. I have been saying it for awhile. What that guy says in the Philly paper is pretty much what I have been reading on combined Flyers sites that I follow. They want Bryz, they need to make room for him, so someone has to go and the most expendable is Carter plus they would be getting back from us decent value. I really think Carter goes. Hopefully another team does not undercut us and steal Carter away from us.

So you are the source, eh? What else do you know about Pryor?

Fred Glover is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
  #22
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
This speculation begets "rumor" thing is funny.

I had a friend a few years back who speculated that the Lakers should consider a certain player. Mind you, he had no inside knowledge, he just looked for a deal that addressed a need.

Next thing you know, he got a call from a guy who ran an influential blog. The guy apparently ran the rumor up the flag pole and some "insiders" proclaimed that they thought there was something to it. That night, it is on Sportscenter.

Is this the case with this rumor? Who knows. The nature of the rumor business is such that you don't know until a deal is closed. People give a lot of guff to He Who Shall Never Be Named, but the truth is GM's have all kind of discussions, but that doesn't mean that 99% of them lead anywhere.

Hopefully there is some truth to these rumors. It would be nice to see something happen to re-instill some faith in this organization.
I'd like to see you start some rumors, then we can say: "Our West Coast sources say....."

Fred Glover is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
  #23
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,143
vCash: 50
alright lets go

Doug19 is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
  #24
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,058
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
...so I hear we are talking to TB about Stamkos....
West Coast sources say that we are talking to TB....

Fred Glover is offline  
Old
06-08-2011, 03:51 PM
  #25
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
NHL "Live" discussing the Bryz/PHI situation this aft. Comments run to the point that if PHI has spent assets to get the rights they mean business and are likely to get the deal done. This lead to an acknowledgement of the Carter to CBJ (Voracek/8th) rumor quoted by them from a NJ paper as the source.

Not offering this as prima facie but simply that it is "out there" in main stream discussion. They also acknowledged that it made a lot of sense.

Roadman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.