HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Thanks to btn, Shameus, and Kevin ONeel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
  #1
chipper
Thrashers forever
 
chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to chipper
Thanks to btn, Shameus, and Kevin ONeel

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to these 3, they've all been terrific mods and I'm glad to have gotten to be able to interact with all of them on these boards. I'm hoping they stick around and follow hockey still, even though we're moving and it's a major turn-off, but they're great guys and have done a terrific job over the last who-knows-how-long. And I've only been here since like 09 and I don't remember if there were Thrasher mods beforehand, but if there were, a big thanks to them too.

Just wanted to give a quick shout-out, that's all. Thanks guys.

--Patrick

Blueland forever!

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
  #2
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
BTN was the first Atlanta mod.....He was made mod on a vote on this very board. About 2 years ago, Shameus became a mod here...Then back in January, BTN and Shameus decided they wanted to keep me under control a bit better (some of y'all might rememeber I was a bit bad about flying off at the tongue) so I'm pretty sure that's why I became a mod.

I don't care what anybody says...the Atlanta forum had the best posters on HFBoards!

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  #3
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
I dont know anything about you guys but good on you for the work you have done!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:41 PM
  #4
chipper
Thrashers forever
 
chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to chipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
BTN was the first Atlanta mod.....He was made mod on a vote on this very board. About 2 years ago, Shameus became a mod here...Then back in January, BTN and Shameus decided they wanted to keep me under control a bit better (some of y'all might rememeber I was a bit bad about flying off at the tongue) so I'm pretty sure that's why I became a mod.

I don't care what anybody says...the Atlanta forum had the best posters on HFBoards!
And I notice in the last 20 minutes you were made a global mod, congrats!

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:45 PM
  #5
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army
 
Peter Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Can't say I agree. But I'm looking forward to interacting with some new people.

Also Holly Gunning was the first Atlanta mod.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
  #6
SilverRiver89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 1365
Yeah, they've been great. Especially with cleaning up the trolling on here in the last month or so.

SilverRiver89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  #7
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
And I notice in the last 20 minutes you were made a global mod, congrats!
thanks bud! no longer confined to just one or two boards (I'd been modding the Playoff board as well as International Tournaments on the side.) I've been assigned to the general NHL board, so I'm still in the lion's den so to speak.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:01 PM
  #8
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
And Evan...Dude....I know you're hurting pretty bad right now, so none of it's taken personally. You've always been a great guy and a great poster as far as I'm concerned.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:06 PM
  #9
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500


You guys were awesome to be around and it sucks that this board's not going to be around anymore. I mean, it will be, but it won't be the Thrashers.

Congrats on Global Mod too.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:06 PM
  #10
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,168
vCash: 6969
They're a colorful bunch. They've been dubbed, “The Three Musketeers".

Heh heh heh.

...and I laugh legitimately. There's a moderator, a metrosexual moderator, and a guy from Ireland.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:14 PM
  #11
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
They're a colorful bunch. They've been dubbed, “The Three Musketeers".

Heh heh heh.

...and I laugh legitimately. There's a moderator, a metrosexual moderator, and a guy from Ireland.
hahaha! i was wondering when someone would notice that I'd set my sexuality to "Metrosexual." LOL!

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:25 PM
  #12
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,168
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
hahaha! i was wondering when someone would notice that I'd set my sexuality to "Metrosexual." LOL!
An interesting little fact.

And being serious, you have been awesome mods and you three deserve a big clappityclapclap for a job well done over here.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  #13
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote
 
Winnipeg Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: England
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post


You guys were awesome to be around and it sucks that this board's not going to be around anymore. I mean, it will be, but it won't be the Thrashers.

Congrats on Global Mod too.
We still don't know the name. It could be "Thresehrs" apparently . . .

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
  #14
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Wow! Who knew that a little ankle biter from the dirty slums of Sao Paulo could grow up to cross the border in Arizona, ride in the back of a beer truck for 4 days and nights, land in Tuscaloosa or whatever trailer park along I-20, dodge infractions on the HF Boards as a regular poster (not POSTER) and grow up to be a GLOBAL MOD!!

Makes me proud to be an American!

Thanks for everything and hopefully you will be around to warn me before infracting in the future!!!


ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:50 PM
  #15
netminder17
Registered User
 
netminder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Thanks for keeping this place relatively sane!

netminder17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
  #16
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Wow! Who knew that a little ankle biter from the dirty slums of Sao Paulo could grow up to cross the border in Arizona, ride in the back of a beer truck for 4 days and nights, land in Tuscaloosa or whatever trailer park along I-20, dodge infractions on the HF Boards as a regular poster (not POSTER) and grow up to be a GLOBAL MOD!!

Makes me proud to be an American!

Thanks for everything and hopefully you will be around to warn me before infracting in the future!!!

Well...I was born a gypsy in a travelling show
Mama would dance for the money they'd throw
Papa would do whatever he could....

And for the record, I actually did live in a single wide for a portion of my life...LOL! And I actually do have grease under my fingernails from working on my car at the mo...

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
  #17
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Well...I was born a gypsy in a travelling show
Mama would dance for the money they'd throw
Papa would do whatever he could....

And for the record, I actually did live in a single wide for a portion of my life...LOL! And I actually do have grease under my fingernails from working on my car at the mo...
Sonny and Cher!

Nice reference!


ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
  #18
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
thanks all, you and this board will be missed. Think I'll miss interacting with everyone. I loved the fact that we had posters/fans from all over the world and got to talk to people in different countries. Including our Euro fans that would sometimes catch games in the middle of the night, y'all were a dedicated bunch.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
  #19
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
thanks all, you and this board will be missed. Think I'll miss interacting with everyone. I loved the fact that we had posters/fans from all over the world and got to talk to people in different countries. Including our Euro fans that would sometimes catch games in the middle of the night, y'all were a dedicated bunch.
Here, Here!


ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
  #20
TasteofFlames
Registered User
 
TasteofFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
For realz. The amount of moddin' you guys have had to do over the last month would have put a lesser crew under. You guys deserve a whole ****in' box of these things.
.

To any of my Thrasher fans, shoot me a PM if you are going to be in Athens in the future, I'll buy ya beer.

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
  #21
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,669
vCash: 500
It was an honor and a pleasure.


btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
  #22
aj8000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 3000
I know I am one of the Winnipeg folk; however, I am sorry to see you go based on the short time I have been watching this board. I was starting to really like Kevin's sense of humor.

Welcome to the new (temporary?) mods.

Hey Fugu, you didn't have enough of the Winnipeg folk on the BOH so you figured you would follow us here eh

aj8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
  #23
cws
...in the drink
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Ah, the memories.

Remembering back to when these three were hell-raisers like the rest of us. Who better to corral us wild dogs; they know how we think.

Seriously, you guys have done more than a great job. What you had to diffuse during the normal times was tough enough. What you've had to do in these last couple months, total chaos. You managed it beautifully, and with great patience. We were lucky, the whole forum was lucky.
I tip my chapeaux, gentlemen. Many many thanks.

And while this may be the ending of our board, I sincerely hope we don't stray too far apart. That goes for everybody. With very few exceptions, I've had a blast over the last (almost) nine years with all the characters and personalities here. No reason for that not to continue in some form or fashion.

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:19 PM
  #24
Fugu
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
I know I am one of the Winnipeg folk; however, I am sorry to see you go based on the short time I have been watching this board. I was starting to really like Kevin's sense of humor.

Welcome to the new (temporary?) mods.

Hey Fugu, you didn't have enough of the Winnipeg folk on the BOH so you figured you would follow us here eh
You guys have been squatters there for nearly three years. I think I know y'all better than any other admin on this site. I know that's why I got the short straw.


It's definitely temporary. The Atlanta fans who stay on, or who drift back, will all be considered with the newcomers when it comes to finding mods to run a Winnipeg board. We'll want to see people interacting here, then decide based on having a clean slate for everyone.

  Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:22 PM
  #25
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
You guys have been squatters there for nearly three years. I think I know y'all better than any other admin on this site. I know that's why I got the short straw.


It's definitely temporary. The Atlanta fans who stay on, or who drift back, will all be considered with the newcomers when it comes to finding mods to run a Winnipeg board. We'll want to see people interacting here, then decide based on having a clean slate for everyone.
yes!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.