HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Rschmitz

vCash: 500
Jonathan Bernier

Lightning fan curious as to what the Kings would want for Bernier.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Fleuryoutside29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC View Post
Lightning fan curious as to what the Kings would want for Bernier.
Benier had a pretty good year and he has potential. If the Kings were to give him up they would definitely want some youth in return. Maybe Hedman straight up or bernier +pick for hedman. Also, the kings might be interested in tyrell

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

He wont be traded this offseason. At least one more year till LA decides which Johanthan to keep.

Bernier now I dont know straight up value, but hed be used in a package for an elite scorer.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Rschmitz

Defensive youth and depth is abysmal for us, we can't afford to give up Hedman. Any of our forward or goalie prospects including Tyrell could be available, including draft picks.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
bobafettish*

stamkos no take backs.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryoutside29 View Post
Benier had a pretty good year and he has potential. If the Kings were to give him up they would definitely want some youth in return. Maybe Hedman straight up or bernier +pick for hedman. Also, the kings might be interested in tyrell
That's just crazy Bernier is not close to the value of Hedman right now. Hedman is pretty much a top 3 defenseman in Tampa. The Kings have very good defensive depth. To me it seems like the Kings would be more interested in a goal scorer then a defenseman.

Bernier is not a proven NHL starter yet he does have lots of potential but was in general a backup to Quick this season. Bernier's value in my opinion would be a 1st round pick with a mid level pick or prospect. He may be able to get a Blue chip prospect or high level prospect +.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Gagne would be the odd man out as far as scorers go in Tampa (Lecavalier, Stamkos, and St. Louis won't be moved).

Not saying he'd be fair value for Bernier. That's just what LA would be looking at if they were to target a top-6 scorer from Tampa.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:40 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Gagne would be the odd man out as far as scorers go in Tampa (Lecavalier, Stamkos, and St. Louis won't be moved).

Not saying he'd be fair value for Bernier. That's just what LA would be looking at if they were to target a top-6 scorer from Tampa.
Gagne is an UFA.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:45 PM
markisonfire

Jonathan Bernier.

Jonathan. Bernier.

Anyway, Los Angeles needs someone in their top six that can put the puck into the net. I hear that Stam-- no, I'm only kidding.

Gagne seems like the best fit of the bunch, but there are better options out there for the Kings, especially if Bernier is the asking price. I don't think Tampa and LA make great trading partners.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Jonathan Bernier.

Jonathan. Bernier.

Anyway, Los Angeles needs someone in their top six that can put the puck into the net. I hear that Stam-- no, I'm only kidding.

Gagne seems like the best fit of the bunch, but there are better options out there for the Kings, especially if Bernier is the asking price. I don't think Tampa and LA make great trading partners.
Plus Gagne is a free agent anyway

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
AntonRodin*

Not much. 3rd rounder, 2nd round pick at the highest. Goalies don't have much value.

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonRodin View Post
Not much. 3rd rounder, 2nd round pick at the highest. Goalies don't have much value.
A UFA goalies rights was just dealt for a 3rd round pick. Let's see just how much value goalies have after team's see how Luongo and Thomas, two high paid goalies, helped get their teams to the Cup finals. I expect the value of goalies to go up this summer due to the increasing demand.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
TBL and the Kings wouldn't be good trading partners. The Kings need a top LW. That's one thing Tampa Bay is short on.

Gagne will be a UFA.
Malone is a solid #2/#3 line LW.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
I think this has to be one of the top 3 dumbest comments I have ever seen.

Golies don't have much value??

3rd rounder or 2nd rounder at best for a top golie prospect

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Guest123

Teddy Purcell

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
vocks10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
A UFA goalies rights was just dealt for a 3rd round pick. Let's see just how much value goalies have after team's see how Luongo and Thomas, two high paid goalies, helped get their teams to the Cup finals. I expect the value of goalies to go up this summer due to the increasing demand.
A wee bit short sighted are we? I know it's a copycat league but you're going to say this increases the value, I'll counter and say what about Niemi and Leighton last year? Or Osgood and MAF the two years before (at which point it was debatable if MAF was an elite goalie).

There are many ways to build a team, a high priced goalie looks like it will work this year, the previous 3 years maybe not so much. Personally I don't see goalies values increasing from this postseason.

vocks10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
I think this has to be one of the top 3 dumbest comments I have ever seen.

Golies don't have much value??

3rd rounder or 2nd rounder at best for a top golie prospect

What makes it interesting, is that we drafted Bernier in the first round... And then we would trade him for a 3rd round pick?

That would be just hilarious.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocks10 View Post
A wee bit short sighted are we? I know it's a copycat league but you're going to say this increases the value, I'll counter and say what about Niemi and Leighton last year? Or Osgood and MAF the two years before (at which point it was debatable if MAF was an elite goalie).

There are many ways to build a team, a high priced goalie looks like it will work this year, the previous 3 years maybe not so much. Personally I don't see goalies values increasing from this postseason.
You do realize that fans said exactly the same thing last year when they saw which goalies were in the Finals, right? I'm well aware of what people were posting here and rumors spreading that managers view goalies as being less important pieces than having a strong defense.

Look at how TB had to make an upgrade in net to finally improve. Or how Philly's attempt at saving costs in net ultimately led to their quick exit out of the playoffs. The myth that there isn't a demand for goalies is a fallacy.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
vocks10

Quote:
You do realize that fans said exactly the same thing last year when they saw which goalies were in the Finals, right? I'm well aware of what people were posting here and rumors spreading that managers view goalies as being less important pieces than having a strong defense.

Look at how TB had to make an upgrade in net to finally improve. Or how Philly's attempt at saving costs in net ultimately led to their quick exit out of the playoffs. The myth that there isn't a demand for goalies is a fallacy.
There is a demand, Philly just proved that and that's not what I was debating. I don't think teams value the #1 goalie like they used to, and just because Luongo and Thomas are in the finals I don't think it's going to change. There will always be that market but there will also be the unknown who comes out of nowhere to lead his team.

But the success of teams like Chicago and Detroit with their goalie situations I do believe decreases the value, not demand, of the big price tag goalie. Because of which I think goalie contracts won't be as high as Luongo's for example, they will be more mid-range with GMs opting to rather spend that money for stronger depth.

vocks10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Teddy Purcell
I actually came in here to say the same thing haha. Seems to fit the Kings needs.

Although the Kings fans saying Hedman are way out to lunch. Hedman is worth 3 Berniers.

Sadly, unproven, albeit amazing potential, goalies are not given high value.

Which is why Id be surprised to see the Kings move either of their young stud goalies this season. Only when their hand is forced will they trade one.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Bernier's value in my opinion would be a 1st round pick with a mid level pick or prospect.
Done

Old
06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

As said before, this thread will most likely be more relevant next year, once LA decides who they want to keep. Despite the fact that goalie value is "low", I still see them getting a very impressive return for whichever (if any) they decide to trade.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Semak

Where is last year's Cup winning goalie now?

Keepers don't have the value they had 20 years ago. Where he was drafted doesn't matter and his minors numbers too are debatable until they show their worth in the big leagues. Teams can find decent keepers that can take them far if they have a strong team in from of them. Look what TB did with old man Rolo in net. So to think JB is worth a Hedman is mind numbing.

Bernier value right now is more of another team's equally young, equally unproven player and even then the FWD or the Dman will have a bit more value. A pick is tough cause LA fans will expect a number one back and the kid still hasn't proven yet if he was worth the high pick.

NJ/LA - Tedenby for Bernier straight up might work, LA needs wingers, NJ needs to start looking for Marty replacements, but even then Tedenby has more value. So then you might go Tedenby for Bernier and 2nd or 3rd pick in '12 draft or another player like Voynov.

You can't expect a team to offer a somewhat proven young player, say a Giroux or Kulemin or even a Skinner, for an unproven keeper as a centerpiece of a trade.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:46 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
The goalie's rights that were dealt for a 3rd round pick has a proven track record as a top-7 or 8 NHL goalie. Bernier is a terrific prospect, but has no track record. Take a look at what Halak got and subtract from there....which means it makes much more sense for LAK to hang on to him for at least 1 more year and make sure they pick the right Johnathan.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:23 AM
no name

Quote:
How cliche. How about nobody draft a goali in the first round then. The Kings drafted him high in the first round and developed him into an elite talent ready to be a top, number one goalie. His value has only gone up with his performance and elite skills.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote