HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Versteeg to Winnipeg

Old
06-11-2011, 02:51 AM
GFS

vCash: 500
Kris Versteeg to Winnipeg

Versteeg has excellent offensive instincts and a nose for the net. What is the value of trading him to Winnipeg?

GFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Laino

dude versteeg blows

Laino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFS View Post
Versteeg has excellent offensive instincts and a nose for the net.
Then why is he being traded?

Seanahue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:00 AM
broc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laino View Post
dude versteeg blows
This.

heh

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:09 AM
GFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Then why is he being traded?
That must be an outdated description of his assets.

GFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:16 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Versteeg has excellent offensive instincts and a nose for the net. What is the value of trading him to Winnipeg?
Versteeg is about to join his fourth team in less then a year assuming he gets traded which is expected Versteeg sucks

his value is MAYBE a 2nd more likely a 3rd

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

i cant wait for versteeg to have a bounce back season where ever he plays and then watch as everyone makes versteeg to "_______" proposals and act as though they never acted like/said he was worth nothing.

kinda like kevin bieksa, everyone wanted no part of him at the start of the season, now everyone wants to sign him when he hits F/A

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Madic

Quote:
Versteeg has a nose for the corner (after three or four ineffectual dangles).
Fixed that for you.

Madic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I think he's good and he has a decent contract. There's just no (cap) room for him on the Flyers.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
i cant wait for versteeg to have a bounce back season where ever he plays and then watch as everyone makes versteeg to "_______" proposals and act as though they never acted like/said he was worth nothing.

kinda like kevin bieksa, everyone wanted no part of him at the start of the season, now everyone wants to sign him when he hits F/A

This x 100

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:33 AM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
This x 100
The question is What's he worth now, I presume. If he bounces back and has a good year, he will be worth more than the 2nd he is worth now.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I'm not a huge versteeg fan, but he has been a cap victim. Toronto let him go because they got a pretty good return as most would for a player of his ilk at the trade deadline when most teams will ante up for a run at the cup.

He's not elite or anything, but does come with a good work ethic to go along with some offensive and defensive skill. If penalty killing is a need, I think he is a fit because he has always been good on the PK.

If Philly is looking for cap relief, I'd off at best a grade B prospect or mid round pick next year.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
The question is What's he worth now, I presume. If he bounces back and has a good year, he will be worth more than the 2nd he is worth now.
Only on internet boards is a player only as good (or in this case as valuable) as his last game. Versteeg is a solid 2-way forward capable of playing on the shut-down line or jumping up into the top 6 on a scoring line. He's not great and certainly isn't a future allstar but he's far from as crappy as people on these boards make him out to be.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 01:42 PM
exporta

Versteeg is far from sucking. However with his cap hip and not being a true top six forward, he's a hard pill to swallow.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I'm not a huge versteeg fan, but he has been a cap victim. Toronto let him go because they got a pretty good return as most would for a player of his ilk at the trade deadline when most teams will ante up for a run at the cup.

He's not elite or anything, but does come with a good work ethic to go along with some offensive and defensive skill. If penalty killing is a need, I think he is a fit because he has always been good on the PK.

If Philly is looking for cap relief, I'd off at best a grade B prospect or mid round pick next year.
Toronto let him go because he blew chunks here. For Burke to admit a mistake says alot. Philly may get a 2nd, mnore likely a 3rd.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 12:02 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Versteeg is a good player, but he hasn't progressed (slightly regressed) in his NHL career, and I think that scares GMs. And now, with his cap hit, it's hard to find a home for him. Today he's a tweener. He's an over-paid luxury 3rd liner on good teams and he doesn't really make weaker team's top six better.
I'm sure a few teams think there's still upside with him and one will take a "Flyer", but i don't think he will get more than a mid-2nd.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Toronto let him go because he blew chunks here. For Burke to admit a mistake says alot. Philly may get a 2nd, mnore likely a 3rd.
Still, Steeger's worth more than Stalberg, Paradis and Didomenico

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 12:46 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Still, Steeger's worth more than Stalberg, Paradis and Didomenico
ya Burke didn't lose either trade Versteeg was involved in

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 12:56 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

a plane ticket to Winnipeg?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 01:26 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Overrated, only made all rookie team cause of Toews and Kane, sucked in Toronto and didn't do much in Philly, do not want one part of him. I think he should just play wherever in the NHL, after all he has a stanley cup, thats all that matters, he should play for the teams that would be a joke or rebuild.

I say a package with Versteeg to Dallas for Brendan Morrow, Morrow fits well for that team.

Versteeg
Hartnell/Leino
2012 1st

for

Morrow

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Overrated, only made all rookie team cause of Toews and Kane, sucked in Toronto and didn't do much in Philly, do not want one part of him. I think he should just play wherever in the NHL, after all he has a stanley cup, thats all that matters, he should play for the teams that would be a joke or rebuild.

I say a package with Versteeg to Dallas for Brendan Morrow, Morrow fits well for that team.

Versteeg
Hartnell/Leino
2012 1st

for

Morrow
We can't afford to deal another first rounder away. We don't need salary coming back. We are trying to sign Ilya Bryzgalov.

I think Versteeg's value is, unfortunately, a 2nd rounder at the moment. Holmgren lost his trade with Burke quite solidly.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Hell I'd trade my 2nd or 3rd for Versteeg

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 02:10 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
We can't afford to deal another first rounder away. We don't need salary coming back. We are trying to sign Ilya Bryzgalov.

I think Versteeg's value is, unfortunately, a 2nd rounder at the moment. Holmgren lost his trade with Burke quite solidly.
I don't think that's fair to say on someone who has been a rental so far. Let's see what he can do in a full season as a Flyer.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Fulton44*

Versteeg's value is at a low point right now, and unless the Flyers can package him in a bigger deal along with Jeff Carter for example, they would be wise to hold onto him. He's worth more to the Flyers on their roster next season than as trade bait this summer.

The Flyers need to move salary right now so add that onto Versteeg's value being down already and I think the best the Flyers could get for him is a second and fifth round pick. Considering they just gave up a first and third for him, again, they'd be wise to hold onto him.

One thing I want to comment on is this myth that Versteeg sucks.
Versteeg is 25 years old, has been in the league for three full seasons, and has scored 20 or more goals all three of those seasons. He has averaged 21 goals and 48 points.

Last year he was traded twice, had injury problems (he tore his abdominal wall shortly after coming to the Flyers and played through it), had a down year overall and still managed 21 goals and 46 points. To simply write him off as an overpaid third liner is selling him quite a bit short.

I get that his trade value is down right now, and why it is, but Versteeg is not some scrub, far from it, and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full healthy season in Philly.

Fulton44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I don't think that's fair to say on someone who has been a rental so far. Let's see what he can do in a full season as a Flyer.
We've seen what he can do on a good team, when healthy, and it is very respectable. But he still isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd round pick. Even if he comes back and has a solid year on Richards wing, Holmgren will have lost that trade.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote