HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Colorado (Blockbuster)

Old
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Avs would never trade with Oilers. They are a Mickey Mouse organization that doesn't have a mascot.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Crisp Breakout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberlehall View Post
I agree with that.
You disagree that he's matched him point for point? He has.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Avs would never trade with Oilers. They are a Mickey Mouse organization that doesn't have a mascot.

The Avs have a pretty sad mascot.

Carleton the bear for Stastny.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendelBrown View Post
The Avs have a pretty sad mascot.

Carleton the bear for Stastny.
They had Howler the Yeti, who got fired after fighting someone I think.

You would think it would only be the human inside the costume that you would need to fire, but what do I know.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Is Duchene being better than RNH is that a possibility or are you ignorant to the fact that RNH is not the perfect prospect. What about RNH makes him so amazing? The fact that he was CHL prospect of the year, this year makes no difference because in all likelihood he may not have been 2009. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a good player (or for that matter, a great player), but imo Duchene has more upside and is more likely to reach his upside.
I don't agree with this. The only knock on RNH is his strength. Offensively he is a beast and he is pretty damn good defensively as well. His upside is actually very high if he reaches his potential. I think you're underrating RNH. For the people who keep saying there is no franchise player or Hall/Seguin etc. are completely blowing it out of proportion. Larsson and RNH both have potential to be franchise players and although Landeskog might not be a franchise player, people would value him very highly because of his character, work ethic and his ability to be good offensively and defensively. Also if people think Seguin has potential to be a franchise centermen, then RNH definitely does because 6 out of 7 scouts I believe it was Bob Mckenzie who said this (Not 100% sure) said that they would take RNH over Seguin. However, I think RNH and Duchene will both be very equal. In the future the Oilers wouldn't trade RNH for Duchene and Colorado wouldn't trade Duchene for RNH.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
I don't agree with this. The only knock on RNH is his strength. Offensively he is a beast and he is pretty damn good defensively as well. His upside is actually very high if he reaches his potential. I think you're underrating RNH.
No, it isn't underrating RNH. Nobody disagrees that RNH is good. It's all about putting things into context and comparing a yet to be drafted RNH with a 20 year old Duchene. The deal asks Colorado to trade Duchene for the top pick and part a fair bit of Hemsky's worth. RNH's potential does not exceed Duchene's. Being generous to RNH you give them the same potential offensively. The difference is, Duchene is much further along the development process. You aren't banking on potential to the same extent. Duchene can't bust, he's already established himself as a top 6 centre in the nhl with essentially two 25 goal seasons in his rookie and sophmore year. You could even argue that he's established himself as a top line centre. He has potential, just like RNH, to go beyond that. The difference is, Duchene has considerably less risk associated with himself and is more likely to reach his potential based on what he has displayed. Is part of Hemsky's value worth the unnecessary risk Colorado is taking here? No.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
JAK

Typical Oilers proposal, offloading their underachieving injury prone 2nd liner for the other team's top star.

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:49 PM
VanTampaFan

i think its actually a decent proposal amazingly... don't think it would go through, but it would certainly shake up both clubs, give RNH to colorado, and give a more developed first line centre to edmonton.

hall-duchene-eberle would be a scary line.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:58 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Typical Oilers proposal, offloading their underachieving injury prone 2nd liner for the other team's top star.
I can't remember the last time Hemsky was not on the top line of the Oilers because as the most offensively potent person on the team he made any line he was on the 1st line.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:58 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Right... Hemsky's an underachieving second liner... He's a first liner on basically any team. Injuries or not, ppg guys are rare. The value is close, but both teams would rather their assets they have

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I can't remember the last time Hemsky was not on the top line of the Oilers because as the most offensively potent person on the team he made any line he was on the 1st line.
Wait a second, your saying he should have more value because he was your most most offensively potent player? No one on your team scored over 50 points this year, I wouldn't put to much value in that.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Wait a second, your saying he should have more value because he was your most most offensively potent player? No one on your team scored over 50 points this year, I wouldn't put to much value in that.
Injuries... We had lots of guys on pace to break 50. We have 4 first line wingers and another top 6 winger. There's TONS of offensive talent

Old
06-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Please. Hall - Duchene - Eberle, OMG!

And then Colorado can snag two of RNH, Larsson, Landeskog and Huberdeau. Also potentially Klefbom/McNeil.

Having a top six that could include RNH, Statsny, Hemsky and McNeil/Armia/Bartschi would be unreal along with Jones, Mueller, Galiardi, and Hejduk. Then EJ and Larsson on the back end.

Unreal core.

Edmonton gets Duchene and Siemens. Duchene creates potentially one of the best top lines in the league and Siemens should be an impact defenseman.

Actually quite a good deal.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post

And then Colorado can snag two of RNH, Larsson, Landeskog and Huberdeau. Also potentially Klefbom/McNeil.

Having a top six that could include RNH, Statsny, Hemsky and McNeil/Armia/Bartschi would be unreal along with Jones, Mueller, Galiardi, and Hejduk. Then EJ and Larsson on the back end.

Unreal core.

Edmonton gets Duchene and Siemens. Duchene creates potentially one of the best top lines in the league and Siemens should be an impact defenseman.

I'd rather have Duchene, Landeskog/Larsson, and Siemens/Grimaldi/Beulieu/Ziba, wouldn't you?

Old
06-11-2011, 09:22 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Right... because Hemsky has only ever played in the NHL last year. Everything else he had done in past years is irrelevant.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:34 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Right... because Hemsky has only ever played in the NHL last year. Everything else he had done in past years is irrelevant.
This is HFboards where only the stats that help prove your point are relevant...

Old
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:

Unreal core.

Oilers have no intention on building the Avs roster for them.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Right... Because the last time he finished a season was?

Old
06-11-2011, 09:44 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Duchene's never played 82 games either... He's clearly not worth even trading for... See how ridiculous it sounds?

Old
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
I know this was 5 years ago but he played game 7 of the SCF in 2006. I think that qualifies as finishing a season.

Old
06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Duchene's never played 82 games either... He's clearly not worth even trading for... See how ridiculous it sounds?
Your not trying to compare injury records are you?
Duchene: 80/82, 81/82.
Hemsky: 47/82, 22/82, 72/82, 74/82, 64/82, 81/82, 59/82.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
I'd rather have Duchene, Landeskog/Larsson, and Siemens/Grimaldi/Beulieu/Ziba, wouldn't you?
Kinda surprised that Grimaldi is up there with those guys.

But anyways, Duchene + Landeskog/Larsson + Siemens/Beauliau vs. Hemsky + RNH + Landeskog/Larsson + Klefbom/Miller.

That's pretty close.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Kinda surprised that Grimaldi is up there with those guys.

But anyways, Duchene + Landeskog/Larsson + Siemens/Beauliau vs. Hemsky + RNH + Landeskog/Larsson + Klefbom/Miller.

That's pretty close.
I think we'll go for a boom type player at 11, look at Hishon last year

Old
06-11-2011, 10:19 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Your not trying to compare injury records are you?
Duchene: 80/82, 81/82.
Hemsky: 47/82, 22/82, 72/82, 74/82, 64/82, 81/82, 59/82.
Umm you kind of missed the point. People can say Hemsky hasn't finished a season... But technically Duchene hasn't either. I'm not saying missing 3 games makes him injury prone, just that some people WAY undervalue Hemsky because they think he's going to play 20 games a season when that's just not the case

Old
06-11-2011, 10:24 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Umm you kind of missed the point. People can say Hemsky hasn't finished a season... But technically Duchene hasn't either. I'm not saying missing 3 games makes him injury prone, just that some people WAY undervalue Hemsky because they think he's going to play 20 games a season when that's just not the case
I think you might have missed the point. When people say Hemsky hasn't finished a season they are pointing out his injury record. In the last 3 seasons he has averaged about 40ish? games a season. Over his career Hemsky probably averages 60ish? games a season. Any team inquiring about Hemsky should be nervous about his health in the future.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote