HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs v.6.0

Old
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

vCash: 500
Only two players I'd be glad to see hoist the cup between these two teams are Kaberle and Thomas. Plus, Vancouver and their antics make it easy to root against them. At the end, I'm simply less angry when Boston wins compared to Vancouver. I actually did cheer every time Boston scored, and not because I'm a fan of them, but because they were laying a beat down against the Canucks.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:52 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
hey folks, friendly post incoming (i know we dislike each other) just a question....

are you folks behind the bruins because of kabs?

have a good one.
We are cheering for the Bruins because we hate the Canucks because we are jealous and have a bitter rivalry with their fanbase.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
hey folks, friendly post incoming (i know we dislike each other) just a question....

have a good one.
most here don't cheer for either team

However, most would prefer Boston to win than Vancouver.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Waltah*

Cheers to you folks then.

Eff the Canucks!

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:06 AM
paradeofwolves

Quote:

have a good one.
Partly that. Partly because I don't like the Canucks in any way.

I don't really have a problem with the Bruins anymore (unless they're facing Toronto).

Also want to see Thomas and Kaberle get the Cup.

paradeofwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:

have a good one.
Honestly with the way the Canucks have played. Embellishing every call. Falling down like someone snipered them. Coupled with the fact that Tim Thomas has been...well Tim Thomas, I'm not supporting the Bruins BUT I'd be happier if they won .

Timmy deserves the Vezina, Conn Smythe and Cup.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:09 AM
napoleon in rags
Bernier the boats

Quote:

have a good one.
Cheering for the Bruins because of the Canucks

napoleon in rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:

have a good one.
It's partly Kaberle, and partly Thomas, but aside from that I just like the way the Bruins play, especially in contrast with the Canucks. Think about it, every series in the East has been fine for the most part, and in the West, DET-PHX, SJ-LA, ANA-NSH, DET-SJ.... all fine, for the most part. Every series the Canucks have been in has turned into a ****ing sideshow, and I don't think it's coincidental. Compound that with Gillis & Vigneault constantly pissing and moaning to the media..... the Bruins are just a respectable team and the Canucks are not. I'm not that old, but I've watched hockey for a good 20 years and I've never seen anything like this - the diving, heads snapping back, the whining, the biting, eurgh.... I think Dave Bolland said it best when he compared the Canucks to a bunch of little girls. Their entire playoff run has been so ridiculously dramatic, it's been like watching a bloody soap opera these past few weeks. It's just nice to see a real hockey team finally putting them in their place, hopefully Boston can manufacture a good road win on Friday and close out the series at home.

Last edited by Kyle Doobas: 06-09-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:34 AM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:

have a good one.
Personally I've been rooting for the Bruins all playoffs.

I like their style of play and respect the way they win their games. Both teams want it bad but it seems to me that the Bruins want to win the honorable way as opposed to the Canucks, who resort to pitiful tactics. I would also point out that Kaberle is on the team, but based on the way he has been playing for you guys, I want to pretend like he never came from the Leafs.

PresidentCamacho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:37 AM
GalacticaActual

I keep reading that there is bad blood between Gillis and Burke. Why, exactly?

GalacticaActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:42 AM
TheArchitect*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticaActual View Post
Google Gillis + Burke + Tampering

TheArchitect* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticaActual View Post
Burke wanted the Diving Sisters. Gillis said NO! The diving sisters are Vancouver's property.

The end.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:31 AM
svat

Not trying to pander support for the bruins, as it doesn`t really matter, but I can say as a bruins fan that I have no animosity for the leafs and their fans. you guys aren`t really whiny, and just love your team. if the leafs were in the finals against most western teams, i would cheer for them. while i do tease leaf fans from time to time, i have no disdain for them as i do for canucks and habs fans.

i really don`t get why leaf fans would want the canucks to win the cup. their team plays in such an unlikeable manner, and their fans will be shoving a cup win in EVERYONES faces, especially yours. while a few moronic bruin fans will chirp leaf fans with kessel and kaberle talk, i think most will not.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:31 AM
htpwn

delete.

Last edited by htpwn: 06-09-2011 at 04:51 AM.
htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Tim Thomas' last 5 games: 165 saves on 170 shots against

Luongo/Schneider will have to stand on their heads the rest of the way.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

I imagined some of you would hate Boston more than Vancouver.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Rayzorexe
Yawn...

Quote:

have a good one.
I've actually gotten use to cheering for the Bruins a few years ago when they played Montreal in the playoffs so having Kaberle and with the kind of player Tim Thomas has been lately, it was kinda easy to pick who I prefered to win the Cup...

But realistically, I can't cheer for any other team fully (Such as Jumping up and cheering when a goal is scored) other than Team Canada and the Leafs

Last edited by Rayzorexe: 06-09-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Rayzorexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Free Agent signings: Chara, Savard, Ryder
Trades: Horton, Kaberle, Rask, Boychuk, Ference, Seidenberg, Campbell
Drafting: Lucic (50th overall), Krejci (63rd overall), Marchand (71st overall), Bergeron (45th overall)
European free agent signing: Tim Thomas

untraditional something or other

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

I refuse to cheer for the Bruins and the Canucks, hate both teams. But I agree, Vancouver are bunch of sore losers, get your game plan going. Boston, however, have more energy players; they're showing what they're capable of.

And Luongo, mentally weak as they come. He succumbs to pressure. Wake up and play for your fans.

GO LEAFS GO!

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

bruins fan coming in peace.

i enjoy jumping around reading other boards game day threads to see the reactions. i've gained some serious respect for you guys over here.

i know these two fanbases have had our clashes recently due to the trades but i think we can both appreciate a good brand of hockey and rally around hating montreal and their west coast counterparts the cancucks.

your board is actually a fun place to read about these games. solid opinions. even the ones rooting for vancouver are level headed about how the games are being played which is something that can not be said for other fanbases with certain agendas...i'm sure you know who.

kaberle may not have lived up to the hype when we traded for him but i think you should be rooting for him to get a cup he was a damn good soldier for you guys for a long time through the good and the bad.

FallsForItEveryYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfernee Hardaway View Post
Free Agent signings: Chara, Savard, Ryder
Not sure why you include Savard. He contributed 10 points this year. Also, signing guys like Chara and Ryder are hardly 'untraditional'.

Quote:
Trades: Horton, Kaberle, Rask, Boychuk, Ference, Seidenberg, Campbell
A solid trade netted Horton and Seidenberg, a fleece netted Rask, Kaberle is a Cup rental, Ference and Boychuk were acquired because of solid defensive depth on the Bruins.

Quote:
Drafting: Lucic (50th overall), Krejci (63rd overall), Marchand (71st overall), Bergeron (45th overall)
Here's where it gets very traditional. Drafting talent.

Comparing Toronto to Boston, we see that our forward draftees include just Kulemin. That's nowhere close.

Quote:
European free agent signing: Tim Thomas
Probably the only enigmatic piece, but hey, good on them for identifying him.

Quote:

untraditional something or other
Not at all. If this was an attempt to parallel the Leafs and the Bruins, it's pretty awful.

We need one generational free agent dman, 3 more two-way scoring forwards that are drafted and developed in our system, and overall better trades if we want to build a team like Boston.

I also don't think trading multiple 1st rounders after stripping the roster got them in that position.

PresidentCamacho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Well... things are not looking too good for Vancouver at the moment.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the next three games.
On the one hand, it appears Luongo has fallen apart, Thomas has become unstoppable, and the Bruins have manhandled the Canucks two games in a row.

On the other hand, the series is still tied, neither team has lost a home game yet, and 2 of the next 3 games are in Vancouver. During the Chicago series, Luongo completely fell apart for two games as well. But then played phenomenally in game 7. So he might bounce back.

I really have no idea what to expect.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:09 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post

On the one hand, it appears Luongo has fallen apart, Thomas has become unstoppable, and the Bruins have manhandled the Canucks two games in a row.

On the other hand, the series is still tied, neither team has lost a home game yet, and 2 of the next 3 games are in Vancouver. During the Chicago series, Luongo completely fell apart for two games as well. But then played phenomenally in game 7. So he might bounce back.

While I won't say Luongo played well (he did let in 12 goals) I don't think he was the biggest of the Canucks problems. He made some big stops when the games were still close, but some of those Bruin goals were nowhere near his fault.

They are missing Hamhuis.
Salo and Erhoff look terrible.
Kesler looks hurt.
Tim Thomas looks awesome.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Tie Domi Esquire
;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentCamacho View Post
Not sure why you include Savard. He contributed 10 points this year. Also, signing guys like Chara and Ryder are hardly 'untraditional'.

A solid trade netted Horton and Seidenberg, a fleece netted Rask, Kaberle is a Cup rental, Ference and Boychuk were acquired because of solid defensive depth on the Bruins.

Here's where it gets very traditional. Drafting talent.

Comparing Toronto to Boston, we see that our forward draftees include just Kulemin. That's nowhere close.

Probably the only enigmatic piece, but hey, good on them for identifying him.

Not at all. If this was an attempt to parallel the Leafs and the Bruins, it's pretty awful.

We need one generational free agent dman, 3 more two-way scoring forwards that are drafted and developed in our system, and overall better trades if we want to build a team like Boston.

I also don't think trading multiple 1st rounders after stripping the roster got them in that position.
Savard's had a large role in the team's development before this season.

I was showing that you don't have to draft in the top 3 to build a good team. As far as the drafting goes, it's a little early to say the Leafs haven't drafted talent.

Tie Domi Esquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:16 PM
mix1home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post

Well I can help you out here on what to expect. Expect to lose.

mix1home is offline   Reply With Quote