HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanner Glass

Old
06-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Blane Youngblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
don't resign him. let him walk. gillis has to find "usefull 4th liners. like a rupp,asham or reclaimination projects that onces had top 6 potential but is useful on the bottom 6. i don't wanna hear guys like bolduc/desbiens of the worlds having to slot in for playing useless 5mins of hockey.
I'm ok with our 4th line playing 5 minutes as long as its a meaningful 5 minutes.

Guys like Rupp, Asham, or say David Clarkson and even Steve MacIntyre would work. In the case of MacIntyre, we can just double shift someone to take most of his 4th line shifts except when we want him on the ice.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Proto

vCash: 833
Tanner Glass has been an integral part of the NHL's best 4th line in hockey for several years now if you rank the 4th lines in terms of inefficient production. You can't just let a guy like that go. In fact, now that we know the Top 6 needs a bit of grit, I think this is Tanner's year to really make the leap up the line-up and push someone like Raymond down into the bottom 6.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
I'm ok with our 4th line playing 5 minutes as long as its a meaningful 5 minutes.

Guys like Rupp, Asham, or say David Clarkson and even Steve MacIntyre would work. In the case of MacIntyre, we can just double shift someone to take most of his 4th line shifts except when we want him on the ice.
Clarkson would have us wishing Bernier was back while MacIntyre would have us dreaming of Hordichuk.

wholesickcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
skywarp75

as much as i hate glass as a player, he was literally our best player in game 7 of the finals, as sad as that is.

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholesickcrew View Post
Clarkson would have us wishing Bernier was back while MacIntyre would have us dreaming of Hordichuk.
I'll admit, I'm not sure about Clarkson but MacIntyre can do one thing that Hordichuk couldn't do, beat up people.

Admitedly, if we sign him, we would probably double shift another player for most of his shifts but when needed, he can deffinitly play the policeman role, we haven't had someone able and willing to do that for a while (Hordi wasn't a good enough fighter and I think we all came to realize that).

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:02 AM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
I'll admit, I'm not sure about Clarkson but MacIntyre can do one thing that Hordichuk couldn't do, beat up people.

Admitedly, if we sign him, we would probably double shift another player for most of his shifts but when needed, he can deffinitly play the policeman role, we haven't had someone able and willing to do that for a while (Hordi wasn't a good enough fighter and I think we all came to realize that).
That's the problem with our 4th line in the past. We'd get players that are labelled "enforcers" in the line up. aka UFC wannabies on ice who can't play hockey. How many desinated "enforcers" are there in the playoffs?? Shawn Thornton was the odd expection but he was having a career year with Boston and scored 10 goals. How many 10 goal scorcers do we have on our 4th line?? Thornton sure didn't beat us by droping his gloves either it he did it by out working us and out playing our 4th line. Heck they were able to play their 4th against our top 2 lines and still generate offense. Something that Tanner Glass, Horidichuk, Rypien could never do in their careers.

I always say the best 4th line guys are players who are physical but once has potiential. Guys like Torres is the perfect example since he was once a 20 goal guy turned grinder and now is cheap in the salary cap. Daniel Paille is good example for Boston and Greg Campbell another guy who has good number in junior and can be 20ish goal scorer at a point in his career but now is a 4th liner. All these player has hands and hockey smarts to a degree that no enforcers have. Heck, even Ben Eager was a 1st round pick and has hands.

Those are the players we need not some designated enforcer who's never had any numbers in his career and is basically a zombie out there unless he drops the gloves. Because lets face it there is no place and no room for "fighters" for NHL teams. The new "enforcers" are "players who realized their potiential is not to score but to enforce and play a mean game".

Last edited by jigsaw99: 06-21-2011 at 05:09 AM.
jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote