Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Ladd re-signed

Old
06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

vCash: 500
Meh.. no logo, whatever. Just have a name..

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Didn't True North themselves state that they'd have a logo and name ready for the draft?

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
I believe all i've heard is the name will be chosen/made public (likely) soon, but the logo and jersey has been in constant question.

06-09-2011, 06:11 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
That would be the dumbest thing they could do
To me there is no excuse for that.
They should have had it all ready to go
It's not that easy Homer.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Here's Andrew's quote:

"We definitely have a young group that's really eager to be in a hockey market, and can feel the excitrement coming from the city and we're really looking forward to being part of that... I think the main thing for hockey players is to be a hockey market and a good environment for both yourself and your family... That should be your main focus as an NHL hockey player. You should come in and only be worried about the hockey aspect of it and doing everything you can to make that work."

He was asked to comment on the postive response players have given in general... and the fact that they're a younger team compared to Phoenix, whose players might have more established families... and later asked if the fact that Winnipeg is basically sold out for the next 4 years is more important to players than good malls, etc.

Nothing derogatory towards Atlanta... basically a comparison (and fishing for reasons) as to why Phoenix's players and Atlanta's players had such different reactions about a possible relocation.

Here's the full scrum:

http://livestre.am/OyJo

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:30 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
It's not that easy Homer.
It can be if you want it to be.

Remember these guys were litterally 15 minutes away from owning the coyotes last year. In that past year they must have known getting a NHL team was a great possibility. They could have had this all done in that time

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:40 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
It can be if you want it to be.

Remember these guys were litterally 15 minutes away from owning the coyotes last year. In that past year they must have known getting a NHL team was a great possibility. They could have had this all done in that time
It's also confusing because if they were planning to use the Moose like people think, they would've already had a huge headstart on a logo and a jersey.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

I can love the Jets. I can accept the Moose. But I have not heard another name that I wouldn’t find hard to stomach? Falcons? Please no. Polar Bears? Who came up with that? Whiteout? Haven’t we learned from the Avalanche, Lightning, and Wild? Warriors? Nah. I can’t judge without seeing a name, colours, and a logo, but for me, it’s Winnipeg Jets, Manitoba Moose, or please god no!

Last edited by Winnipeg Jet: 06-09-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Fluffy Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Watching NHL on the Fly and they just said they've decided to go with the NHL logo for the draft.
That's just dumb. I can understand if they use the NHL logo on their name placard, but they should have a jersey, logo and name ready to go for the first player they draft. Heck, even bring it up to the stage in a bag to hide it for a big reveal.

Fluffy Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
My personal guess is Ladd has spoken with Chipman and co. and they've told him what they envision, and now Ladd is promoting the 'new beginning and fresh start'. Im ok with that, personally. I love the Jets and all the memories that go with it, but im also open to something new if that is the road TNSE wishes to go.

Watching NHL on the Fly and they just said they've decided to go with the NHL logo for the draft.
I believe Carolina did the same thing when the moved from Hartford.

If TNSE needs time to get the name and logo done right, then I'm willing to be patient.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Nuts View Post
That's just dumb. I can understand if they use the NHL logo on their name placard, but they should have a jersey, logo and name ready to go for the first player they draft. Heck, even bring it up to the stage in a bag to hide it for a big reveal.
In 1996, the Phoenix Coyotes had Daniel Briere, Dan Focht, and all their other picks wear a basic black uniform because they had no logo or jersey design by that point.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:34 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Having heard from someone reliable that the NHL already had a name / logo for the team submitted to them (likely in anticipation of landing Phoenix last Spring) and that they were referred to as Manitoba on the NHL's alternate schedule (where they replaced Phoenix) last year, I believe that they are reconsidering the name given the public outpouring for the team to be called Winnipeg Jets.

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
That would be the dumbest thing they could do
To me there is no excuse for that.
They should have had it all ready to go
I totally agree. So wtf does the drafted player wear? A jersey with the NHL logo on it? So ********! They need to either go with the Jets or man up and take whatever bad reaction their going to get from fans. They should have had a name a while ago.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
dobiezeke*

How did a thread on the future signing of Ladd become yet another beeatch session on the naming of this team? There is a thread for that...

I hope that TSNE is able to convince Ladd that Winnipeg is the team he should sign with. He could become the face of the new franchise.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I believe Carolina did the same thing when the moved from Hartford.

If TNSE needs time to get the name and logo done right, then I'm willing to be patient.
You are correct. Nikos Tselios was the first Hurricanes draft pick and he wore this. It wouldn't bother me at all. Take your time and get the jersey right.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote