HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Oilers listening to offers for 1st pick overall

Old
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Oilers listening to offers for 1st pick overall

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368297

What would you trade to get the first pick overall

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Nothing. None of the players are great enough now and we'd have to give Edmonton good roster players.

Pass.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
If they are willing to take EC, Avery, Drury, Redden, and my bad memories of Gomez than yes. Otherwise, no.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
i'd give them McI and our first but i doubt they would do that if so..

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
CM PUNK

this is like last year...they have no intention of moving the pick but if someone wants to offer them an insane overpayment they will listen

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
free0717

All Picks this year and next years no 1 pick and any defenseman on my roster not named Staal. We need elite level talent @ forward even if its not NHL ready now. Only way to win a Stanley cup even if it means a step back for a season.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
All Picks this year and next years no 1 pick and any defenseman on my roster not named Staal. We need elite level talent @ forward even if its not NHL ready now. Only way to win a Stanley cup even if it means a step back for a season.
So you would give up this year's 1st, 4th, 5th, next year's 1st, PLUS any one of Girardi, Saur, Erixon or Mcdonagh for just this year's first.
Am I reading that right? If so, are you high?

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
With Lundqvist not getting any younger we really don't have a year to step back. The year to step back would have been 2 years ago, not now.

Pick would cost too much, and there isn't even a consensus #1. Big Pass

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
So you would give up this year's 1st, 4th, 5th, next year's 1st, PLUS any one of Girardi, Saur, Erixon or Mcdonagh for just this year's first.
Am I reading that right? If so, are you high?
and the oilers would laugh and hang up if thats all you offer.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
What are you talking about? That's a massive over payment for this year's 1st pick. There's no Crosbys or Ovechkins this year.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Gatorade*

Give them the old MSG. New (renovated) one is going to be awesome

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I doubt this would be worth trading up for unless your team already owns a top 6 pick.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:32 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
1. The title is misleading. The Oilers are listening to offers. Not offering it around.
2. Not anything of too much value. Maybe Girardi++.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I'd give them MDZ, MZA, or Krieder, plus our first. I know it's not a great class but don't underestimate that pick. Nugent-Hopkins could be exactly the center we've been looking for. Plus, RNH would fit right in with MDZ and MZA provided they're not involved.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I'd offer our first and McIlrath and a throw in prospect. I strongly believe that our first must be moved either to (preferably) get another first next year or to get a very high pick this year.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

PASS... Not feasible to trade for 1st overall, nor is there a need to do so.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

If the possibility to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins exists, I would most certainly give the matter its due diligence. Inquire early and often.

I would pay a hefty price for that right, although within reason.

2011 1st, Girardi/McIlrath, Grachev, Boyle for the #1 overall pick and Kurtis Foster

Expendable players. More than that, and I would not go for it.

RNH may not be Crosby or Ovechkin, but he's actually quite reminiscent of Brad Richards. It would be well worth it to have a young prospect like that in your system. Also, if you're never going to be bad enough to draft #1 overall, you're best bet is to trade for a #1 overall, and you'll never pry that pick away in a year where there is a Crosby or Ovechkin. This player is still very good, so if you can do it, you have to go for it.

Last edited by NYR Sting: 06-09-2011 at 01:07 AM.
NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:10 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
That would get it done no question unless Oilers are high. In fact i kno ill get burned for this but i like Sauer upside so much so to resist him in any package even a 1st overall. There is just no sense in trades for either team. In one instance we can give up the farm including a potential top pairing D man and on the other side they are risking trading away a potential top line forward. Its just not worth it. The only teams that might be into trades like this is rebuilding teams, like Winnepeg etc and are willing to trade a guy like Bogosian and there 1st overall.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:12 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I could live with the package Sting put on the table.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:13 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If the possibility to draft Ryan Nugent-Hopkins exists, I would most certainly give the matter its due diligence. Inquire early and often.

I would pay a hefty price for that right, although within reason.

2011 1st, Girardi/McIlrath, Grachev, Boyle for the #1 overall pick and Kurtis Foster

Expendable players. More than that, and I would not go for it.

RNH may not be Crosby or Ovechkin, but he's actually quite reminiscent of Brad Richards. It would be well worth it to have a young prospect like that in your system. Also, if you're never going to be bad enough to draft #1 overall, you're best bet is to trade for a #1 overall, and you'll never pry that pick away in a year where there is a Crosby or Ovechkin. This player is still very good, so if you can do it, you have to go for it.
I agree with that assesment of trades. As i said including Sauer would be a mistake but Mcilrath or Girardi would be reasonable. However i think the only way this trade would get done is if Cally or Dubi name was in the mix. I say that because i think Edm is looking to make a move next year and want guy that will make a difference now.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I would even go as far as saying give them both Girardi AND McIlrath.

Players you do not trade unless absolutely necessary (these are players that are, without a doubt, part of the solution): Lundqvist, Callahan, Staal, Sauer, McDonagh, Stepan, Anisimov, Prust

I would consider the possibility of including Dubinsky, but it would have to be a different kind of trade.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:21 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
I would even go as far as saying give them both Girardi AND McIlrath.

Players you do not trade unless absolutely necessary (these are players that are, without a doubt, part of the solution): Lundqvist, Callahan, Staal, Sauer, McDonagh, Stepan, Anisimov, Prust

I would consider the possibility of including Dubinsky, but it would have to be a different kind of trade.
I agree but i think if Dubi was involved they would have to throw us someone back like Hemsky. I disagree slightly with Mcd. Nothing has shown me that he is a def part of the solution. Sauer carried a lot of the load last season, i kno Mcd played a great rookie year but im much more sold on Sauer than i am Mcd.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:24 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I agree but i think if Dubi was involved they would have to throw us someone back like Hemsky.
I don't think so. I don't think they'd be willing to accept the package I suggested of our first, Girardi, McIlrath, Grachev and Boyle. They're going to want at least one significant offensive piece, probably a Dubinsky. If you accept that Ryan Callahan is virtually untradeable, that pretty much leaves Dubinsky as the only viable option.

I find myself asking...would I part with Dubinsky, Girardi and either our first this year, McIlrath, Boyle or Grachev. I think I would. The Nuge will be a very good player, a better player than Dubinsky.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:29 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
I don't think so. I don't think they'd be willing to accept the package I suggested of our first, Girardi, McIlrath, Grachev and Boyle. They're going to want at least one significant offensive piece, probably a Dubinsky. If you accept that Ryan Callahan is virtually untradeable, that pretty much leaves Dubinsky as the only viable option.

I find myself asking...would I part with Dubinsky, Girardi and either our first this year, McIlrath, Boyle or Grachev. I think I would. The Nuge will be a very good player, a better player than Dubinsky.
I agree but giving that much up i would like some insurance, and that is why i included a Hemsky. Who id really want is Omark but he seems untradeable. I also find Dubi and Cally as very close value wise and if u call one untradeable the other prob is also. It depends on our needs. Cally if a great role model for future players and possible Captain but will he reach that point, we all hope so for the teams sake.

Old
06-09-2011, 03:08 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

you all realize, if we were to trade up for the #1 overall, we'd probably end up drafting Adam Larsson and we'll all be like wtfffffffffffff????!?!??

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote